• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

So tonight we have booked some more ADRs. Booked an 8:45 dinner at La Hacienda on 23rd in the hopes that we'll get to eat to some fireworks and close out Epcot. Unlikely to get a window seat at the time I'm sure, but I hear the view is pretty good wherever you sit so, fingers crossed.

We talked to the manager at La Hacienda last visit and he said to book for 7:15 to get a window seat, not sure if that's available for your days or if it's really that important to you. We have a 7:15 booked 11/5 so I'm hoping his recommendation is correct! We've had a great view every time, the only time we had a hard time seeing fireworks was June- a large party (~20 people) had the window tables directly in front of us. They kept standing up, held their phones up, kids running around, adults screaming...it was a little crazy. Just make sure to ask for a window seat when you check-in, you never know! Nevertheless, it's one our favorite table service restaurants in Epcot so you will have a great time wherever you sit I'm sure!

Hello, fellow November travelers! I'm a bit late to the party this year as usually we go in late October but we had to cancel a few weeks ago. Luckily I found a reservation for November pretty last minute (we're DVC members and I generally book right at 11 months out). We'll be at Disney November 11-18!! I'm so pumped to be going during Christmas season and we won't miss F&W this year. I haven't seen Christmas at the world since 2014 and we haven't missed F&W for 5 years running now!

I have a question brought up by the "weird dream" post.. I have a room only 11/23-11/25 my package with tickets starts 11/25 but I know I can get them early - so will they load all 10 of my days on my magic bands that start on 11/25 or will they actually will just put 2 days on our bands that belong to our room only starting 11/23.. I assume I can't just go to the turn styles I will have to go to guest services at the park OR will they do this for me at check in at All Star Sports?

11/23 we are going to Epcot that night for my Hubs birthday dinner I just want everything to go smooth as possible TIA Michelle

Your tickets will be available to start as soon as the day you hit guest relations. You may be able to do it at the resort if the splits stays are at both the same resort, at the parks, or at Disney springs.

We talked to the manager at La Hacienda last visit and he said to book for 7:15 to get a window seat, not sure if that's available for your days or if it's really that important to you. We have a 7:15 booked 11/5 so I'm hoping his recommendation is correct! We've had a great view every time, the only time we had a hard time seeing fireworks was June- a large party (~20 people) had the window tables directly in front of us. They kept standing up, held their phones up, kids running around, adults screaming...it was a little crazy. Just make sure to ask for a window seat when you check-in, you never know! Nevertheless, it's one our favorite table service restaurants in Epcot so you will have a great time wherever you sit I'm sure!

Thank you for this! Yeah gonna chance it and hang on to this, with one eye on an earlier reservation if I can snag it. There's plenty of time for cancellations still! My travel buddy loves mexican food so I thought this place would be something he'd enjoy with the bonus of getting to see the fireworks. If the view isn't great we have time set aside later on in the trip to go back and stake out a spot the regular way! Let me know how the 7:15 tip works out on the 5th. you're a week or two in front of us! :)

All this talk about La Hacienda so I just booked an ADR there. Only time available was 5:30 though. Ive only eaten inside the Mexican Pavillion not at the outside restaurant.

We talked to the manager at La Hacienda last visit and he said to book for 7:15 to get a window seat, not sure if that's available for your days or if it's really that important to you. We have a 7:15 booked 11/5 so I'm hoping his recommendation is correct
Are you saying he recommended gettng a 7:15pm ADR to view fireworks at 9pm while dining? So you need to sit there for 1 hour and 45 minutes? That seems like a really long time.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief just booked my flight home :yay:
Flying home on the 26th Sunday after Thanksgiving and the prices have been outrageous :scared1: :faint:
Checked this morning and found one for 200 at a good time. Thank goodness I only needed one ticket since DD is already in Florida.
I'm glad I convinced my older DD to purchase their tickets when they first came out since she needed 4.
In the past SW prices have dropped around the 90 day mark but not this year.
Now I can go back to obsessing over dining and fp's ::yes::

Your tickets will be available to start as soon as the day you hit guest relations. You may be able to do it at the resort if the splits stays are at both the same resort, at the parks, or at Disney springs.

Thank you I am at All Star Sports for both stays..

Hi, November friends! I just saw another post that AK hours were extended for October, so I checked my dates in November (11/8-11/13) and all of the days went from a 7 PM closing to an 8 PM closing! And... Rivers of Light is now scheduled every one of those days at 6:30 PM. Whee!

Hi, November friends! I just saw another post that AK hours were extended for October, so I checked my dates in November (11/8-11/13) and all of the days went from a 7 PM closing to an 8 PM closing! And... Rivers of Light is now scheduled every one of those days at 6:30 PM. Whee!

We plan on going November 16th and its the only day that week closing at 7pm haha Oh well we will make it work

This ROL makes me very happy, means my initial plan of seeing it our first night to make HEA work with our CP ADR is viable!

Also random but the mogician we had visit us tonight at work used a song from the Illuminations Pre-Show in his set! Made me even more excited!

87 days!

Thanks for posting this!

Are you saying he recommended gettng a 7:15pm ADR to view fireworks at 9pm while dining? So you need to sit there for 1 hour and 45 minutes? That seems like a really long time.

Yes, he did. We are going to try it and see what happens! I agree it does seem like a very long time, but with apps, entree and dessert, I could see it being at least an hour and a half. Then time for the check. In our experience there, service tends to slow down closer to Illuminations.

Yes, he did. We are going to try it and see what happens! I agree it does seem like a very long time, but with apps, entree and dessert, I could see it being at least an hour and a half. Then time for the check. In our experience there, service tends to slow down closer to Illuminations.

We made ours for 7:45pm. I figured an hour and 15 minutes feels more comfortable timing for us... I don't like feeling like I'm done eating, and just sitting there while others are eyeing us for our table, and the waiters want new guests for more tips. I don't "care" so much because I am booking the dinner to watch the fireworks, but I enjoy it less when I feel people "waiting." LOL.

Joining the Happy Dance! We just decided on a 3 day Thanksgiving trip, which we have never done before. We will be staying offsite and saving the money for Florida resident Weekday APs, so that we can return in March.

As you can imagine, there aren't very many ADRs to choose from at this point in time, so we decided to go with Cooper's Hawk Winery off International, after reading great reviews about their Thanksgiving meal. The other days, we snagged Chefs de France and Kona's...not sure what we will keep, but I have heard QS restaurants have very long lines this week, so we wanted to have at least one TS a day option to get a break from the long lines.

Very excited and can't wait to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter