OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

sK87Uzp.jpg

Made it in from Lake Louisa around 9 am. About 95% set up. Going to Disney Springs for dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. Teresa had the oven baked salmon and I had the bacon wrapped meatloaf sandwich. This was a quick service meal. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
tth9S1U.jpg

WugZjZN.jpg

Wow Steve the food pix look delicious!

What did you think of the Lake Louisa night before strategy? It's close, it's not expensive, but it's not the Fort. (For the record, I stay at LL the night before, too).

Bama Ed

PS - love the Jack Skellington face on your Mickey Globe! And your DIS sign.

Thanks @bama_ed . We actually spent 3 days there. We were in site 2 which was a pull thru. If your vacation time allows, LL is the way to go. The campground and bath house were both super clean. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. Getting up this moring with just a short drive over to WDW was nice. Today was a non park day so no stress. We will definitely look at doing the same thing on future Fort trips.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That is vinyl cut out with a Cricut. Easily removed if I want.

Steve

Melissa, Glad the Jeep & camper didn't need any bandages. Also glad allis having fun that has arrived at their home away from their home. Waiting on pins & needles for pictures etc., when you have time of course.

Ruthies12, Glad you were able to get into 500 loop. we have always stayed in the 700 or 900 loop.
Serenitygr, your site pictures was good! I am not into Halloween, but enjoyed how you decorated. Enjoying your pictures & your activities. Keep them coming Y'all!!

We are over in the 2000 loop. Haven’t taken any pictures of our campsite setup, but I will! Today we are hanging out at the fort. I am trying to convince DH to rent a golf cart since I want to explore! Wish me luck! :rotfl2:

Frozengirl, welcome to the Fort!

I highly highly suggest that gold cart if your wanting to explore the Fort. If you don't have bikes and your way over in the 2000 loop, might I suggest selling a kidney or something along those lines to get that cart ;) girl go get it!!!! I promise you won't regret it!!!

We are over in the 2000 loop. Haven’t taken any pictures of our campsite setup, but I will! Today we are hanging out at the fort. I am trying to convince DH to rent a golf cart since I want to explore! Wish me luck! :rotfl2:

I thought I was going to have to cancel our trip 5 days before we check in, but it looks like we are going after all.
My wife was having vision problems and went to the ER on Saturday. They did an MRI and found a blood clot in her brain, but not an actual stroke. She is doing okay and was released last night, and the doctors said it was okay for her to go to WDW and walk around and do the gentler rides. She just needs to avoid the thrill rides.

We check in on Saturday. The weather forecast for most of the trip has a lot of T-storms, so that may put a damper on some of our plans, but I'm sure we'll have a good time regardless.

JETS70 when did you upgrade to a camper from the car trailer ? I have been absent from here for a while and maybe missed that. I tend to take a break between Fort visits. Also I want one of those Jack decals for my Mickey light. Glad you had a good trip. Sorry we'll miss you at Halloween.

@Flametamr Good to hear from you Joe. We bought the camper this spring. With our family growing, it was the thing to do. We have Halloween booked for 2018. Hopefully we will see you then. How's the DD doing?

Hey Steve, I guess I need to book for next year too before I miss out. The DD is doing great. She's excited to get back to her favorite place. Hopefully we'll see you soon. If not at the Gulf in May maybe next Halloween.

Hey Steve, I guess I need to book for next year too before I miss out. The DD is doing great. She's excited to get back to her favorite place. Hopefully we'll see you soon. If not at the Gulf in May maybe next Halloween.

Book soon, Flametamr. I played with the dates and I'm only seeing Tent sites for the days around Halloween 2018 whether you book 3 nights or 3 weeks.

Bama Ed

Found someone looking for a small black and white dog tonight. They are staying at 1827 If anyone sees it.

Oh man, hate to hear about the lost pets. Hopefully they had a collar with a tag on it and someone is able to locate it.

Sorry I haven't posted, been super busy. Had a great day at universal yesterday, the express passes were soooo worth the money. Dd lost her shoe on forbidden journey but they have her a free pair of flip flops to walk around. Luckily it was an old shoe cause it doesn't look like we are getting it back.

We had a great day at animal kingdom today. Dd8 and I got in line for flight of passage at 8:50 pm and were on the ride at 9:40. It was awesome, dd8 loved it. We are now currently the only ones on a bus back to the fort!

Tomorrow is epcot again!

Steve I saw the same thing with only tent sites open. I'm going to call tomorrow. Hoping it's a glitch. Those usually go first I thought. I will keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter