OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Serenitygr, not sure when your picture 'checking in' was taken, but we have never seen it that busy. Maybe because we always get there between 9:30 - 10:30 AM. At most, we wait for 1-2 campers with only one lane open.
That actually wasn't my picture :) we arrived at 7am the day we got here, and those lanes weren't even open yet. We went to the overflow lot to wait for a site to be ready, and we're so lucky to get the best spot in the campground! ( at least for us it is!)
:cool1::cool1:

Sorry, Serenitygr, that should have been tripleb!!! I was enjoying your pictures and totally missed I was viewing another poster's picture!! :goodvibes

We checked out of the Fort yesterday and I miss it already! We learned some things...like next time we either need a portable a/c unit instead of our fan, or we need to go in Jan or Feb. We rented a golf cart on our non-park day and explored the entirety of the campground, and even went on a hunt to try and help find a missing dog on Tuesday night. So glad they found him! It was pretty awesome that so many people came together looking for him! I plan on doing a trip report of our entire vacation (including parts in Tampa) and I can post the thread here once I get it started if anyone is interested!

Okay, educational moment here folks.

Anybody notice what is missing in this picture?

Anybody?

The Answer: There is no food in the child's hand. Ya'll trying to get her bit? I mean, it's a savage animal people.

There is popcorn in her hand! You just can't see it in the pic. He was a funny little squirrel with absolutely no fear of people that's for sure. We were just sitting still and the kids were eating popcorn in the stroller. DD4 missed her mouth and a piece fell and he came running over and grabbed it up and sat there eating it. When he'd finished, he got up on his hind legs and looked at her hopefully. she dropped him a few more pieces. I know better than to tease a squirrel, he might communicate with his buddies at the fort and I could come back to find my camper in pieces lol

Been incredibly super super busy, sorry I haven't posted! We had an awesome time at food and wine on Wednesday, then yesterday we had breakfast at TE then went off to the Pirate League makeovers and stayed for the Halloween party.

TE was awesome as usual. Pirates League was very fun. MNSSHP was...........not sure. We had fun, we got a lot of candy, we got to do rides and fireworks. We did not do any meet and greets. I've been to two Christmas parties and it seems to me the xmas parties are much, much less crowded. Maybe it was just the ones I went to cause I would think they'd sell the same number of tickets to both parties, so I don't know. But it just seemed so crowded. It has been very hard to move all week with the stroller. Ride lines didn't get really shorter til after the fireworks and then I noticed a lot of inflated wait times- like posting small world at 20 minutes when it was really a walk on. They posted Mine Train at 60 minutes but I got in line at 11:42 and was off the ride at 12:05.

Today is a much needed fort day with dinner at 1900 Park Fare tonight. Tomorrow is one last day at Magic kingdom with dinner at Be Our Guest, then we leave early Sunday morning. I can't believe how quickly this trip has gone.

I'm heading out to the camp store- first time I've been there this trip!! That's how crazy busy we've been, haven't even been to the Meadows other than a quick drive through on the golf cart. Kids are really wanting to go to the pool this afternoon and the campfire tonight so crossing my fingers for no rain!!

The way we handled the MNSSHP was one of us adults would hold our spot in line for a meet and greet while the other adult took kids to trick or treat. We just kept swapping it up. After running around park all day sitting in line was actually a welcome thing.

EIGHT DAYS!!!! I am getting so excited. We check in a week from tomorrow. We re still hoping to get a night added to the end of our trip, but woohoo! It's almost here. Now to get packing...

Yesterday we went to Epcot early for extra magic hour at 8am. We first did test track standby ( we were about 25th in line!), then walked over to Soarin and only had about a five minute wait standby wait. So we had both major rides done before 9am! We had a fast pass for Frozen at 11:30, so we then rode Living With the Land, Nemo, watched Turtle Talk with Crush, explored the aquarium, and had lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Nothing was more than a five minute wait- it was just a perfect morning! We walked back and rode Frozen for our fast pass, and I am so thankful we didn't have to wait in THAT line!! That's the first time we've rode it, and while it WAS a cute ride, now that I've done it I'd never wait more than 20 minutes. (I think people have lost perspective on the fact that this ride was never meant to be a major headliner ride- it's simply Norway's way to represent their country. I'm not quite sure why or how it ended up being such a popular tier 1 ride, other than simply the fact the movie was such a success... just my random 2 cents lol)
IMG_5077.JPG

Today we were going to go to magic kingdom, but decided to just sleep in and hang around the Fort! The kids and I rented the sea racers for an hour and that was SO much fun!
IMG_5087.JPG
IMG_5091.JPG
IMG_5093.JPG

Then this afternoon Sammi and I went on a horseback ride, and were lucky enough to see a family of deer with a little fawn!

Now I need to try to doctor up Kody's toe- he cut it pretty badly riding his bike today so we have to figure out how to repair him!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Ruthie & Serenity!

Ruthie -Love the outfits and jealous of the pool pic. How was 1900 Park Fare? Would love to know more.

Serenity - wow! Your family is covering everything! Horseback riding, barn touring, boating, parasailing, Gatorland, Universal, parks. You all are doing everything! I'm exhausted just reading your report! Mine are like.....looping...pool lounging...lol ;) thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing Ruthie & Serenity!

Ruthie -Love the outfits and jealous of the pool pic. How was 1900 Park Fare? Would love to know more.

Serenity - wow! Your family is covering everything! Horseback riding, barn touring, boating, parasailing, Gatorland, Universal, parks. You all are doing everything! I'm exhausted just reading your report! Mine are like.....looping...pool lounging...lol ;) thanks for sharing.
Ha! You know what's funny? Two years ago- when we first started planning this trip- that's EXACTLY what my plan was going to be too! Not quite sure what happened along the way!

Duct tape ... every camper has a roll of duct tape :-)

Haha! This is true! My DH actually mentioned getting some gorilla tape right before we left. He was surprised that I hadn't already thought about it!!! I think we used it once, but it was great to have!

Here are a couple pics from our trip:

IMG_0779.JPG
So, right after the first parade I asked for DH to take this pic with me (he hates waiting in line for pics). I was sad that they hadn't moved back over to frame the pumpkins and the castle though. About 5 minutes after we got our pic taken, they moved over to the normal spot. I was bummed, and knew I wouldn't convince him to wait in line again.

IMG_0788.JPG
DH asked for 2 beers right out the gate (I had told him how I had read that sometimes the waiters get busy and "unlimited" isn't really unlimited - btw, not true for us!) and our waiter brought him 3! We both agreed that Hoop De Doo was our favorite night of the trip!

IMG_0901.JPG
My new favorite picture of us!

Just a teaser of pics before I start my report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter