• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

On a happier note. While looking for next year I tried and found dates open the weekend before we arrive for Halloween. There was a Full hookup open for the Oct 28 & 29. And a Premium for the 29th which I added to my existing 30th to Nov 6th. Now I can take my time towing down to the rest area Saturday and then roll into the Fort early Sunday avoiding Monday traffic. I am pleased.

Yesterday was a fun day at Legoland. We were there from 10-5, which was perfect! Lots of things for younger kids, but there were a few rides that even we enjoyed!
View attachment 276113
View attachment 276112
View attachment 276114
View attachment 276115

Today was a great day as well, and finally a day without a single raindrop! :worship: Hallelujah! Sammi and I did the barn tour at 12:30 today, and since we were the only ones there we got an awesome tour! We got to meet every horse in the barn and learned a little about so many of them. I was so glad we went!
Then tonight we went to the Halloween party pixiedust: what a perfectly beautiful night! Waiting for the boat....
View attachment 276101
View attachment 276102
Once we got there at 4:00, we mainly went on rides until 7, and then we went on rides and did trick or treating. Most rides were walkons all night, and the longest we waited was not quite 30 minutes for Mine Train, and that was about 8:00. Several rides had wait times posted that were way longer than the actual wait...
At 10:00 we were lucky enough to get a spot to sit and watch the fireworks- we were right in front of the castle where Caseys Corner is- it was a perfect spot.
View attachment 276103
After the fireworks we went to Pirates and rode that- did a little more trick or treating- then got a great spot right where the 11:15 parade comes out. Sat on the curb and watched that- then finished our night by trick or treating near splash mountain and riding thunder mountain right at midnight. We headed for the boat then, and beat the crowd out since they were still watching the castle show. Got a front row seat on the outside of the boat, which made a perfect end to a perfect day! Here's one picture of just my daughters candy! The rest of us got that much if not more!

Last edited:
For those at the Fort be on the lookout for a missing Boston Terrier. It is not my dog, sharing from another page. I started a thread and included picture. She has been missing since yesterday.
'

Today was another BEAUTIFUL day of glorious sunshine! It was the day we had rescheduled our parasailing for, but right after we checked in they once again canceled it due to wind. Ugh- we can't seem to accomplish this! So now we are rescheduled for Saturday!

We spent a little time today riding the monorail- I wanted to go to the Grand Floridian and see the lighthouse memorial that was built for the little boy who died last year. I was watching the night that happened- like so many of us were- and as a mom my heart is still so broken for that family. I needed to just have a little quiet time there - to not only be sad, but also to be thankful for all that I have and send up another prayer that someday their family will all heal....

This evening we had cheeseburgers from the food truck by the campfire, and they were the best burgers I've ever had! Highly recommend them!

Then later tonight two of the kids and I went to Disney springs for a few hours- that was fun! Tried a Sprinkles ATM machine cupcake ( not very good), got a few things at Goofys Candy Company ( very good) and got to do the balloon ride! ( best of all!)
Tomorrow morning is Epcot at 8am- hoping to ride test track and soarin as stand bus, and have a fast pass for Frozen. Should be a fun day!
IMG_5063.JPG IMG_5065.JPG IMG_5067.JPG IMG_5072.JPG

Today was another BEAUTIFUL day of glorious sunshine! It was the day we had rescheduled our parasailing for, but right after we checked in they once again canceled it due to wind. Ugh- we can't seem to accomplish this! So now we are rescheduled for Saturday!

We spent a little time today riding the monorail- I wanted to go to the Grand Floridian and see the lighthouse memorial that was built for the little boy who died last year. I was watching the night that happened- like so many of us were- and as a mom my heart is still so broken for that family. I needed to just have a little quiet time there - to not only be sad, but also to be thankful for all that I have and send up another prayer that someday their family will all heal....

This evening we had cheeseburgers from the food truck by the campfire, and they were the best burgers I've ever had! Highly recommend them!

Then later tonight two of the kids and I went to Disney springs for a few hours- that was fun! Tried a Sprinkles ATM machine cupcake ( not very good), got a few things at Goofys Candy Company ( very good) and got to do the balloon ride! ( best of all!)
Tomorrow morning is Epcot at 8am- hoping to ride test track and soarin as stand bus, and have a fast pass for Frozen. Should be a fun day!
View attachment 276431 View attachment 276432 View attachment 276433 View attachment 276434

Thank you so much for sharing. This attraction is on our bucket list for our Feb/March trip. Do you need advance tickets, or just directly go and get in line to purchase. I am guessing nighttime is a beautiful time, as your pictures show. Thank you, Barb

Then later tonight got to do the balloon ride! ( best of all!)
We missed the food truck. By the time we got moved to the Fort, it seemed like the week was really rushed. It would have come in handy the one evening we tried to get into TE without a reservation. I'll definitely hit it next trip.

What time was that picture taken? All my arrival pics from 0630-0700 were always empty. Just curious what time you had arrived.

If I remember right, it was about 1pm on Oct 1st.
That pic looks like almost every trip when I arrived mid/late afternoon. One of the reasons I tried booking an overnight at Lake Louisa the day before arrival. It can't be this bad at 6 am.

j

We are hitting the road after work today from MD. I see lots of thunderstorms forecasted for the dates of our visit, so hopefully the weather won't be too bad.

Serenitygr, not sure when your picture 'checking in' was taken, but we have never seen it that busy. Maybe because we always get there between 9:30 - 10:30 AM. At most, we wait for 1-2 campers with only one lane open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter