Official October 2020 Thread!

Did any of my October friends get one of these emails? Our travel date is 10/8 and we need to complete this by 9/8. I’m holding on completing it for now because we are in NY and if the “quarantine upon return” requirements aren’t lifted we will have to reschedule to next year.

View attachment 517848
Our arrival date is also Oct 8th. Did not receive an email. Booked through Disney last year in September. Was supposed to have been a May trip...... Staying at the Yacht Club.

I'm very sad but just had to move our stay from October to April 2021. We are taking MIL & FIL and have 3 young kids going for the 1st time. I'm hoping 8 more months will have things at least back to some normalcy.

I sure hope so, we're now scheduled for April 2021 as well since we just canceled our October trip.

Alaska finally cancelled one of our flight legs so we were able to get a cash refund. Officially tapping out of our October trip (though we will have to eat the cost of our DVC points if no one re-rents them). We're going to wait to book a make up trip until we have a better idea of a timeline on a vaccine or other remedy. I hope those of you able to go have a marvelous and safe time!

Hey October friends, if any of you are flying Southwest, check your itineraries! I got email notifications last night about flight changes for my flight TO Orlando, but when I checked the Southwest app they also changed my flights HOME and those changes weren’t included on the email. Our changes are significant enough that we May have to change park passes or possibly end up shifting our hotel dates around a bit, depending on whether or not my travel partners can get an extra day off from work. For example, they canceled our direct flight home that left at 9 pm to a 3 pm flight with a layover... so our park pass for that day is pretty much useless if we keep the new flight since we’d have to catch ME around noon. So frustrating!

Hey October friends, if any of you are flying Southwest, check your itineraries! I got email notifications last night about flight changes for my flight TO Orlando, but when I checked the Southwest app they also changed my flights HOME and those changes weren’t included on the email. Our changes are significant enough that we May have to change park passes or possibly end up shifting our hotel dates around a bit, depending on whether or not my travel partners can get an extra day off from work. For example, they canceled our direct flight home that left at 9 pm to a 3 pm flight with a layover... so our park pass for that day is pretty much useless if we keep the new flight since we’d have to catch ME around noon. So frustrating!
Thanks for the heads up. I checked our flights after seeing your post and sure enough both arriving and departing flights have been cancelled. This is the second time this has happened and I didn't even get an email from them. Hey Southwest, thanks for the wonderful customer service. I'm going to request a full refund.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked our flights after seeing your post and sure enough both arriving and departing flights have been cancelled. This is the second time this has happened and I didn't even get an email from them. Hey Southwest, thanks for the wonderful customer service. I'm going to request a full refund.

It’s ridiculous that they don’t inform people consistently... I just don’t get it!

I'm a victim of this too. It's really messing with our planned park days. :headache:

Hey October friends, if any of you are flying Southwest, check your itineraries! I got email notifications last night about flight changes for my flight TO Orlando, but when I checked the Southwest app they also changed my flights HOME and those changes weren’t included on the email.

I did get an email from them Monday, I think, and they rebooked our outbound flight for later. It's still a non-stop, at least, but I had just moved our reservations from that flight to an earlier flight in the last 10 days. I really didn't want to get there so late - we're staying at AKL and I don't want to have to deal with transportation to try and find dinner somewhere. We may be stuck with pizza in the room or something. Still frustrating!

SWA made a small change to our flight to MCO. It is now leaving 35 minutes later, which is fine.

I got the same emails yesterday and today changing our flights. The agent I talked to seemed to think this is only the beginning and there would be more changes...:(

Did any of my October friends get one of these emails? Our travel date is 10/8 and we need to complete this by 9/8. I’m holding on completing it for now because we are in NY and if the “quarantine upon return” requirements aren’t lifted we will have to reschedule to next year.

View attachment 517848
I never got one. Did anyone with a DVC stay receive this?

Just an update on this... we were able to arrange vacation time to keep our new earlier flight time on arrival day, and I was able to cancel and rebook our MK park pass reservations to that day. I called Southwest about the cancellation of our direct flight home and rebook onto a flight with a layover, and they moved us to a new direct flight at no charge instead. The rep said the system most likely chose the one with the layover because it had the closest arrival time to our original flight that had been canceled. I’m so glad they could move us with no fees... we do not want to sit in Chicago for a two hour layover, especially now!

I share this in case anyone else gets a rebook they don’t like... I recommend calling to see if you can get something that works better for you.

Southwest screwed with our flights too. If they change our departure any earlier we will have to give up our 4th parm day. Annoying. Especially when I’m looking at another airline still offering the late flight....

Anyway 60 days away! Did dinning reservations this morning. Was able to get everything.. however I had to book for 4 people instead of 2 for a couple of them. So silly.

Did dinning reservations this morning. Was able to get everything.. however I had to book for 4 people instead of 2 for a couple of them. So silly.

I’m confused by this because they won’t seat you without your whole party? So how do you book extra people who won’t be there

I’m confused by this because they won’t seat you without your whole party? So how do you book extra people who won’t be there
You can just tell the CM as you check in that your party is now two not four people. Obviously it’s better to modify the reservation in advance though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter