Official October 2020 Thread!

My flights were cancelled. I've rebooked, but it has added a day to our itinerary. I think we might go to Hollywood studios. We've never gone there and my 5yr old might enjoy star wars.

Add me to the list of SW flight changed. My flight to MCO has been changed twice, still non-stop (for now). Non-stop flight home was changed to a plane change at BWI, which I ended up switching to an earlier non-stop. I expect more changes in the next months!

Made a few dining ressies, for 2, assuming my DH's trip will be cancelled and he will be coming along with me, all at resorts or DS, no in-park TS plans. Was glad to see Ale & Compass will be open with the Yacht Club opening.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of SW flight changed. My flight to MCO has been changed twice, still non-stop (for now). Non-stop flight home was changed to a plane change at BWI, which I ended up switching to an earlier non-stop. I expect more changes in the next months!

Made a few dining ressies, for 2, assuming my DH's trip will be cancelled and he will be coming along with me, all at resorts or DS, no in-park TS plans. Was glad to see Ale & Compass will be open with the Yacht Club opening.

I am glad about Ale & Compass too... that’s a nice option at the end of a HS day for us.

I was able to add 5 days to our original plans of just a weekend trip. I am thinking of moving my park days to the weekdays.. I know HS is at capacity no matter what day but I just want the best experience. Is this a good idea?

Made our dining reservations today. Due to restaurant closures, I had to modify every day of plans except for our arrival day and a day where we were planning Yak & Yeti for lunch and Raglin Road for dinner. I still don't think we'll be going, but wanted to make some ADR's just in case. Doesn't look like much is going to change from now till end of October. The closer I get to decision day without penalty (Sept 24th), the more real it is becoming that we shouldn't go.

Tomorrow is our 60 day mark. Can I book all 5 days ADR at one time or will I need to book them as they open?

Well, our Mommy-Daughter trip is back on.... just incredibly modified. We will be spending Oct 17-24 at POP and have made several dining reservations including Topolinos which I am super excited about.

Made our final payment today. I’m starting to let myself get a little excited. Cautiously optimistic.

Right! I felt pretty good and then realized we have 37 more days to get it and be in quarantine when trip time comes around 😭

I think the travel restrictions will be lifted by October(fingers crossed). For NYS:
This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.
From what I'm reading Florida's cases are actually dropping for positivity.
Well, I take that post back. The Covid19 positivity rate is not improving that much at all in Florida. I have until Sept. 7 to make a decision on cancelling or not but certainly not looking good.

Hi friends-
Does anyone know how many days before your trip magic bands usually arrive?
I need some Mickey Mail to brighten my work week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter