Official October 2020 Thread!

Did any of my October friends get one of these emails? Our travel date is 10/8 and we need to complete this by 9/8. I’m holding on completing it for now because we are in NY and if the “quarantine upon return” requirements aren’t lifted we will have to reschedule to next year.

F9885550-A84D-4A3F-BC26-B5897D569543.png

Did any of my October friends get one of these emails? Our travel date is 10/8 and we need to complete this by 9/8. I’m holding on completing it for now because we are in NY and if the “quarantine upon return” requirements aren’t lifted we will have to reschedule to next year.

View attachment 517848
Yes. I filled mine out on Friday. I'm still planning to go. God willing...

I got one too. My arrival date is 10/8 too. I filled out that I plan to go.

View attachment 517848
Do you have a package or room only reservation? Did you book before June 5th?

View attachment 517848
Yes, I got it. I'm in the exact same boat as you, 10/09-10/17 and from NY and need the travel restriction lifted. I answered that I was planning on coming to WDW -God willing!!

Yep, got the emails (many since it was a split stay) and unfortunately we made the choice to cancel. :( With COVID cases rising in FL, there's no way PA is taking them off the travel restriction list by our Oct trip, so we made the hard decision to cancel and now focus our planning on a trip in April 2021. My wife is a nurse and cannot quarantine upon our return home, so the decision was essentially made for us. This is after initially canceling Aulani for October and rescheduling to WDW, so double whammy.

I hope everyone who's still going in October has a wonderful time! Please be smart and safe, and have a drink for us if you visit Epcot for the modified F&W.

Yep, got the emails (many since it was a split stay) and unfortunately we made the choice to cancel. :( With COVID cases rising in FL, there's no way PA is taking them off the travel restriction list by our Oct trip, so we made the hard decision to cancel and now focus our planning on a trip in April 2021. My wife is a nurse and cannot quarantine upon our return home, so the decision was essentially made for us. This is after initially canceling Aulani for October and rescheduling to WDW, so double whammy.

I hope everyone who's still going in October has a wonderful time! Please be smart and safe, and have a drink for us if you visit Epcot for the modified F&W.
I think the travel restrictions will be lifted by October(fingers crossed). For NYS:
This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.
From what I'm reading Florida's cases are actually dropping for positivity.

Do you have a package or room only reservation? Did you book before June 5th?

We had a room only reservation and already had tickets (mine is an AP). We were supposed to go in March but we canceled as soon as we knew they were closing indefinitely and rebooked right away... so I’d say that was around March 15th or so.

Yes, I got it. I'm in the exact same boat as you, 10/09-10/17 and from NY and need the travel restriction lifted. I answered that I was planning on coming to WDW -God willing!!

I need to stop watching the FL percent positive every day because I’m driving myself crazy! :crazy2:

I think the travel restrictions will be lifted by October(fingers crossed). For NYS:
This is based upon a seven day rolling average, of positive tests in excess of 10%, or number of positive cases exceeding 10 per 100,000 residents.
From what I'm reading Florida's cases are actually dropping for positivity.

I hope they drop fast enough and sustain at a lower rate! We’re only 8 weeks out now...

We are definitely a no go if we have to quarantine; I can work from home and my sis doesn’t work, but my sis-in-law and niece both have to work in the office/school (paralegal and teacher) and don’t have a WFH option. 😭

I booked back in March with a TA and didn't get *that* email, just one that asked me to review all the changes that have been made and requirements for park entry. I *think* we're still going - our next door neighbors are there now and have reported that they're pretty happy with how things are going, though the wife is someone who refuses to wear a mask to the grocery store so their threshold for shenanigans is probably a lot lower than mine. I booked ADRs yesterday and got everything I wanted, and I think it would be more relaxing vacation than we would have had in March, but I don't know. I have a month before I have to decide for sure.

We are definitely a no go if we have to quarantine; I can work from home and my sis doesn’t work, but my sis-in-law and niece both have to work in the office/school (paralegal and teacher) and don’t have a WFH option. 😭

Same. So far my job (teacher) has not made a statement on if we will have to quarantine or not, but have said that if FL or MN have any statewide travel restrictions, it's a no go. I'm really nervous, and am thisclose to canceling, but it's a 5th annual trip, already moved from April, and the last. I'm a ball of nerves.

Same. So far my job (teacher) has not made a statement on if we will have to quarantine or not, but have said that if FL or MN have any statewide travel restrictions, it's a no go. I'm really nervous, and am thisclose to canceling, but it's a 5th annual trip, already moved from April, and the last. I'm a ball of nerves.

Good luck... hope you can go!

View attachment 517848
Oops, I got that email on the 11th but didn't click through to the confirmation page above. Thanks for the heads up! My arrival is supposed to be 10/17, they want a response by 9/17, I have no idea if I will be going. Depends on what happens in the next few months.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter