***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this board would appreciate my Halloween costume. Halloween is a big deal in our neighborhood (we got over 1500 trick or treaters). We did a whole Harry Potter theme for our front yard (including a Platform 9 3/4 curtain and over 100 hanging candles); even better our neighbors worked with us and while we were the castle, they were Hagrids hut and the Forbidden Forest.

But, the Pandora connection-I was sort of Ginny Weasley, complete with a “dragon” on my shoulder. Anyone recognize it? Kids loved the puppetry and I’d make it look at them and “wave”!

4EE9DCA0-58FD-4F46-A0DC-3F5EE54B8282.jpeg

So we just got back from DW Saturday and went to AK twice. I have to say, I'm not impressed by Pandora. 2 rides, one which is boring and another that has a 3+ hour long wait. During the day, Pandora just looks like a fake land with fake animals sounds. I didn't see it at night, which I assume is the real attraction. Of course, I wasn't that impressed with the movie either. I wish they had put this land at DHS instead of AK. I would have loved to have seen more REAL plants and animals at AK. Instead, land was developed at a park that promotes animals and nature for things that have nothing to do with it. I'm just......disappointed.
Nevermind the fact that there are no signs on the rides and we waited an hour and a half in the wrong line!!! UGH!!

So we just got back from DW Saturday and went to AK twice. I have to say, I'm not impressed by Pandora. 2 rides, one which is boring and another that has a 3+ hour long wait. During the day, Pandora just looks like a fake land with fake animals sounds. I didn't see it at night, which I assume is the real attraction. Of course, I wasn't that impressed with the movie either. I wish they had put this land at DHS instead of AK. I would have loved to have seen more REAL plants and animals at AK. Instead, land was developed at a park that promotes animals and nature for things that have nothing to do with it. I'm just......disappointed.
Nevermind the fact that there are no signs on the rides and we waited an hour and a half in the wrong line!!! UGH!!
Thats unfortunate you didn't enjoy the land.

The land is based on a fictional film much like most other attractions at Disney so really it could all be classified as fake. Animal Kingdom was always supposed to have a fictional based area and with this it was finally realized. There are plenty of real plants within the land surrounding the fake plants. Its hard to have real animals with a fictional story.

Animal Kingdom promotes animals, nature, and conservation. Avatar also promotes animals, nature, and conservation.

:)

Wow...so sorry it was such a disappointment. We absolutely loved it, and we loved the movie. It is about conservation and preserving the environment and the culture, which we here on earth don't always do. It stands for something good and super important for our planet. And FOP was my favorite ride of all time.

Pandora is a fake land, yes. But that's like criticizing Fantasyland for not being grounded in reality.

I don't think AK was meant to be a zoo. Yes the safari has real animals but it's about conservation and protecting wildlife, so folks can better appreciate just how important it is to preserve and protect our planet. This is Disney...it's also about the magic of the imagination and inspiring young and old to continue to dream, and to think about important things in many different ways.

Thats unfortunate you didn't enjoy the land.

The land is based on a fictional film much like most other attractions at Disney so really it could all be classified as fake. Animal Kingdom was always supposed to have a fictional based area and with this it was finally realized. There are plenty of real plants within the land surrounding the fake plants. Its hard to have real animals with a fictional story.

Animal Kingdom promotes animals, nature, and conservation. Avatar also promotes animals, nature, and conservation.

:)

I don't think AK was meant to be a zoo. Yes the safari has real animals but it's about conservation and protecting wildlife, so folks can better appreciate just how important it is to preserve and protect our planet. This is Disney...it's also about the magic of the imagination and inspiring young and old to continue to dream, and to think about important things in many different ways.

Agreed, I think Pandora fits in nicely at AK, much more than at any other park. It is suppose to be a lush landscape, which wouldn't really work in the "concrete jungle" that is DHS. And the whole FoP ride is themed around a conservation initiative. Plus all the fake plants and animals actually fit in nicely with the real ones. I think the Imagineers did a great job and I loved the area! But to each their own!

This is my expectation for Pandora. If I like it better than expected, it'll be a bonus.

That was an early advertising campaign: "Nahtazu"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter