• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!!
Ok is it a drop like splash mountain? One drop...
I finally worked my way up to that drop:-)
Also I never rode mission space... is green easier than this?
I am sooo excited for all of the new things at WDW !
Also where is pandora in AK can't find a new map?
Thanks
Kerri

There isn't no physical drop. It's a simulator like soarin, except your feet stay on a platform. When ur banshee dives down ur vehicle tilts to make it feel like ur actually diving down. If u close ur eyes at that moment u won't feel the drop feeling in ur stomach. And to me mission space is a different simulator ride type than this Flight of passage simulator. I would say this is more thrilling than. Mission space green. Flight of Passage is a great ride and I totally recommend it to anyone.

Huh. Whatever the reason for it, seems pretty ridiculous to me that there would be issues just a few days in! Can't imagine this wasn't testable long before now...??
Fiber, if that is what they used, is very finicky. The company I work for spends almost as much time installing it add they do repairing it. So I'm not surprised if some went down after millions walked on it for a couple of days

For those who are sorta claustrophobic, how "secured" are you to this bike thing? Can I move my legs? Torso? I have no issues with soarin, but do not like roller coaster body harness where I cannot get out.
I do not lean all the way for ward so I do have some room to move, and I can move my legs just fine, so when the hardest comes up just do not lean forward all the way unless you are a plus size then you might have too.

For those who are sorta claustrophobic, how "secured" are you to this bike thing? Can I move my legs? Torso? I have no issues with soarin, but do not like roller coaster body harness where I cannot get out.
I don't feel or notice the restraints at all. They barely touch your body. Other than the link part where they buzz you
I agree. It is not like RnR with the overhead restraint. I do not think it feels claustrophobic or overly restraining at all.

:wizard:

After reading all the posts I guess I am the only person who did not have a positive experience on flight of passage.

The leg lock was very painful on my right calf.

Was able to ride FoP twice yesterday using standby. First time was a posted 120 min wait at 5:15, but only 85 minutes passed until I entered the first pre-show. The second time I entered at 8:00 with a posted time of 120 minutes, but waited 135. It would have been another 10-15 if I were not a single rider.

Based on my experiences so far, if the end of the line is at the standby entrance then you are looking at a 120 minute wait. YMMV of course based on protein spills, # of FPers, theaters going down, etc. I can also confirm earlier info that percentage of those not able to ride due to fit has been very, very low (as in low single digits). It fits my anecdotal evidence of ~10 rides and never witnessing anyone asked to leave due to fit. I think many can temper their fears re: fit. I've also noticed CMs getting more comfortable in helping guests find the best position. The test chair has obviously been helpful as well.

Also, if you find yourself at a ride with a long wait without a FP, don't be afraid to voice your disappointment out loud (respectfully of course). You never know who might be listening to find someone to join them on their rider swap pass or even be willing to give it away :teeth:. We heard an older couple (in their 80s) asking about how one gets a FP for FoP and if there were any left at the line entrance. My wife wound up inviting them to go with her with our rider swap and said they were the sweetest couple who thought that the hype would have died down by now :). They both enjoyed the ride and he said he hadn't had that much fun in quite a long time.

I have ridden FoP twice. The first time I was called out of the line ahead of about 20 people to fill the last spot in a group. The second time, the CMs did not seem to worry about it, and there was an empty spot when I went through.

I've also been on several rides with empty seats. Very few have had the red "RRRRRR" tag on them indicating a chair that is down. Doesn't mean that they are not down, but if they aren't then I see the merits of a SR line.

The lighting was not the same last night. Some of it was not working. Especially on the ground. Sunday it looked like the entire ground was glowing. Last night large areas were out or otherwise not working. Knowing how finicky fiber optics are it isn't a surprise they don't work consistently. It was still beautiful

I'm kind of happy to hear this, because I was slightly disappointed last night. That was first time going at night and I expected more. I just did a quick walk around though as I booked it over to EE to try and squeeze in a night ride before it closed :). I stayed off-site so didn't have EMH privileges.

Last edited:
We heard an older couple (in their 80s) asking about how one gets a FP for FoP and if there were any left at the line entrance. My wife wound up inviting them to go with her with our rider swap and said they were the sweetest couple who thought that the hype would have died down by now :). They both enjoyed the ride and he said he hadn't had that much fun in quite a long time.
This is such a sweet story. :) Your wife is awesome!

Also, if you find yourself at a ride with a long wait without a FP, don't be afraid to voice your disappointment out loud (respectfully of course). You never know who might be listening to find someone to join them on their rider swap pass or even be willing to give it away :teeth:. We heard an older couple (in their 80s) asking about how one gets a FP for FoP and if there were any left at the line entrance. My wife wound up inviting them to go with her with our rider swap and said they were the sweetest couple who thought that the hype would have died down by now :). They both enjoyed the ride and he said he hadn't had that much fun in quite a long time.
That was nice of your wife to let the older couple use the rider swap. Got to love the sweet older people :love:

I am 5'2" and I um weigh...um more than Yullin...I rode during my preview without issue. Here is a picture of me and my 83 year old mother the day that we both rode it. She loved it.

View attachment 240220

Thank you SO much for the picture. I've been concerned for my daughter, but really struggled with the visual. I would guess she's about your size, so at least I can hope it's a possibility.

I think it will depend on your body type, to some degree. I found I could move my legs a decent bit, but the back restraint is pressed directly to you and what I would describe as "firm" against your body. Definitely tight, though I didn't feel claustrophobic at all. Part of the ride is the restraint system sensations themselves, so you sort of want to be in there pretty good, if that makes sense.

It depends not only on body type, but on how one positions him-/herself on the seat. I sat and leaned as far forward as I could after reading the initial reviews here during the CM previews, and found that the back restraint ended up too tight, while the leg restraints were fine. Subsequent reviews recommended giving yourself a little room during your initial positioning, and that's definitely what I'll try on my next trip.

Based on my experiences so far, if the end of the line is at the standby entrance then you are looking at a 120 minute wait.
Does this mean that they aren't using all the internal switchbacks? We've all heard repeatedly about how that line was designed to hold five (sometimes four) hours worth of line.

Does this mean that they aren't using all the internal switchbacks? We've all heard repeatedly about how that line was designed to hold five (sometimes four) hours worth of line.

Every switchback was being used.

I remember hearing those reports as well, but it didn't seem to match up with the reports of those in the park on opening weekend. Those waiting 3-4 hours were well outside the established queue. Perhaps those estimates took into account a full FP and SR line?

We heard an older couple (in their 80s) asking about how one gets a FP for FoP and if there were any left at the line entrance. My wife wound up inviting them to go with her with our rider swap and said they were the sweetest couple who thought that the hype would have died down by now :). They both enjoyed the ride and he said he hadn't had that much fun in quite a long time.
You win Disboards for your awesomeness. :thumbsup2

I remember hearing those reports as well, but it didn't seem to match up with the reports of those in the park on opening weekend. Those waiting 3-4 hours were well outside the established queue.
Maybe just me, but I always thought those reports had an "urban legend" feel about them. Lines 4-5 hours long are going to be really rare, typically on MAJOR crowd days, breakdowns, and the now-behind-us grand opening.

I had my booking window open this morning for 7/31 and 8/1 only and I have a rolling window after that. I was on at 7:00 this morning and booked FOP first for the evening of 7/31 for a party of 5. In order to do that, I had to break it up into a party of 2, a party of 1, and another party of 2. We have an overlapping window of about 30 minutes which should be fine. There didn't appear to be any party of 5 available at all. I checked back at 11 or so this morning and there were no FOP FP+ for any size party. There were still FP+ for NRJ. My plan is to hold those FP+ for FOP until the booking window opens for my other AK day and then try to secure FOP for that day as well and possibly rope drop to NRJ. Or I will switch and have FOP as my second AK day since I am not sure my 6 year old will be brave enough to try it on day 1 of our trip. He might at the end though...

Did you notice if there were morning FOP FP available or were you only looking for evening? We have reservations for lunch at Studios at 11:40 on our AK morning in August, so hoping for an early FP for FOP. If anyone with a current 60 day window can give me an idea of availability of morning FP that would be amazing...

Maybe just me, but I always thought those reports had an "urban legend" feel about them. Lines 4-5 hours long are going to be really rare, typically on MAJOR crowd days, breakdowns, and the now-behind-us grand opening.

I had the same thought. I mean, the law of diminishing returns really starts cranking up at that 3hr mark (sooner for me). I can't envision THAT many more people jumping in line at that point, especially with no available restroom. I'll admit that a part of me hoped it was true if only that meant a very long refurbishment was in store for a certain DAK attraction with a certain "frozen" AA.

LOVE your story! I know that meant a lot to them and probably telling everyone their story. pixiedust:

We try to share that kind of stuff too, used to take strangers in to Six Flags all the time on our free passes. Would pull them out of the ticket line and I'd tease them they'd have to go on their first ride with me. But if you have passes like we or she did, why not share with folks .... nothing wrong with giving a smile (and building some karma points) to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter