**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I've read some posts but there are far too many to keep up with. The Disney blog post announcing it ages ago billed it as a fireworks show. "Today we’re happy to share an update on the next exciting Star Wars experience that’s set to delight fans at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – the new Star Wars fireworks show, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. This new nighttime show, which will be the most elaborate fireworks display in this park’s history..."

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-disneys-hollywood-studios-starting-june-17/

Good luck with the TIE figher parts! :)

I've read some posts but there are far too many to keep up with. The Disney blog post announcing it ages ago billed it as a fireworks show. "Today we’re happy to share an update on the next exciting Star Wars experience that’s set to delight fans at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – the new Star Wars fireworks show, “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. This new nighttime show, which will be the most elaborate fireworks display in this park’s history..."

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-disneys-hollywood-studios-starting-june-17/

Good luck with the TIE figher parts! :)
I see, yeah they changed the wording on that pretty quick on the main WDW site. I think it was a month in it that they changed the wording.

The Disney blog post announcing it ages ago billed it as a fireworks show.
I do recall that when they switched over to SWaGS, some Disney sites were slow in pointing out that it was not a fireworks show, just that fireworks were part of the show. I think, hope, that everyone is on the same page now.
Good luck with the TIE fighter parts!
Thanks, we'll all be glad when they make the switch to something small and has only one piece.

I do recall that when they switched over to SWaGS, some Disney sites were slow in pointing out that it was not a fireworks show, just that fireworks were part of the show. I think, hope, that everyone is on the same page now.
Thanks, we'll all be glad when they make the switch to something small and has only one piece.

Is the TIE Fighter around for a while? We'll be doing the dessert party on 12/15 and wondering if we'll get that or would the gift have moved on to something else? Or is the gift just for the tour?

Is the TIE Fighter around for a while? We'll be doing the dessert party on 12/15 and wondering if we'll get that or would the gift have moved on to something else? Or is the gift just for the tour?
Once the current supply runs out, that's it. The original projection was in Dec/Jan. Haven't checked lately. The gift is for all party guests. Beginning in four days, the party will no longer be included in the tour so no TIE Fighter for them.

We got some info on the new tour format

They did a test run of the new tour and these are some observations.
  • The character M&G's are built into the tour. Tour will be divided into 3 groups and rotate between Kylo, Chewy and BB8.
  • More personal Star Tours experience due to being able to walk the entire queue with no attraction audio. Guides will be able to continue narrating because it'll be quiet and also before the park opens.
  • Not decided if the Star Wars Galaxy Edge model will be included due to it being so small.
  • Tour ends with the Jedi Training show.
Out of curiosity, do you know if the new tour format is shorter? I assumed it would be without the dessert party but haven't seen a different duration listed unless I missed it.

Will you use the Force to bag 200 TIE Fighter parts in plastic bags before tonight's party?
Holy crap, you were the one who had to put all those together????????????????? I already had GREAT appreciation for everything you did to make that party run smoothly, but this takes it to a whole new level!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap, you were the one who had to put all those together????????????????? I already had GREAT appreciation for everything you did to make that party run smoothly, but this takes it to a whole new level!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
No, it's not that bad, it's done by a team of four. And it's just inserting the wings and body into the plastic bags. It's done before every party. The hardest part is wheeling the four large bins containing the 200 plus Tie Fighters from backstage to the Launch Bay and back again afterwards. It can be hot, sometimes rainy and somewhat long.

I presume this is an event like MNSSHP where if you are already in the park prior to the event starting and have a ticket for the party there will be locations in the park you can go to get a wrist band for the night without having to return to the entrance?

Does anyone know and if so where those locations might be?
Thanks

I presume this is an event like MNSSHP where if you are already in the park prior to the event starting and have a ticket for the party there will be locations in the park you can go to get a wrist band for the night without having to return to the entrance? Does anyone know and if so where those locations might be?
Thanks
Nope, not like MNSSHP. The only location to check in and pick up party credentials, no wrist bands, is at the Launch Bay which is where the party takes place. Check in begins about one hour before the advertised party start time.

I presume this is an event like MNSSHP where if you are already in the park prior to the event starting and have a ticket for the party there will be locations in the park you can go to get a wrist band for the night without having to return to the entrance?

Thanks

Nope, not like MNSSHP. The only location to check in and pick up party credentials, no wrist bands, is at the Launch Bay which is where the party takes place. Check in begins about one hour before the advertised party start time.
I think MjrDucky is talking about SW Galactic Nights?
If that is the case, yes there will be locations inside the park to pick up your credentials (for the party in April they had actual lanyards and now wristbands)
If you are talking about the dessert party then read what fastpasser had to say

Thanks

Sorry yes I was refering to the Galactic Nights party. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter