• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Thank you fastpasser and yulilin3! I had no idea there was a Star Wars dessert party until I stumbled onto this thread. All the info you continually provide is so HELPFUL. We will be attending Friday Oct 6th

Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular show time is updated through Jan 31st 2018 every night at 8pm
Dessert party has not been updated yet but it should in the next week or so
Thanks for the update! So does that mean that the Pre-show starts at 7:45?

Thanks for the update! So does that mean that the Pre-show starts at 7:45?
If by pre show you mean Disney Movie Magic and if it stays in the same schedule it would be at 7:40pm, from what I can tell it's been done 20 minutes before SWaGS. Curious that on the website DMM is not listed past Oct 21st. but I'm sure it'll happen since it's now part of the dessert party offering

If by pre show you mean Disney Movie Magic and if it stays in the same schedule it would be at 7:40pm, from what I can tell it's been done 20 minutes before SWaGS. Curious that on the website DMM is not listed past Oct 21st. but I'm sure it'll happen since it's now part of the dessert party offering
Yep...that is exactly what I meant...couldn't remember the name of it....:upsidedow So in all likelihood, the dessert party SHOULD start at 7 then? Trying to figure out if I need to adjust my FPs....
:flower1:

Yep...that is exactly what I meant...couldn't remember the name of it....:upsidedow So in all likelihood, the dessert party SHOULD start at 7 then? Trying to figure out if I need to adjust my FPs....
:flower1:
the dessert party always starts (officially) an hour and a half before SWaGS so for January it would start at 6:30pm

Unrelated to DHS but related to SW
It looks like we will get a new trailer on Oct 9th for the Last Jedi during Monday Night Football, and if it stands true, tickets might go on sale the same day...remember when ticket release for Force Awakens broke the internet?

Went to the dessert party on Sunday night and it was fabulous. We were the family of the night, I was so excited! The staff were all amazing (we have found all cast members to be amazing actually, but the Star Wars dessert party cms were extra amazing). I think it was our matching shorts that caught their eye, they are pretty cool, lol.

Anyway, the whole evening was fabulous, and would have been so even without the extra touch of being the family of the day. That was super lovely though, as we had been 3rd in a booth queue to sign up for Jedi training, and of course picked the first session, which was rained out. (Credit again to the staff, they waited till the last possible minute, and we got A fastpass to meet kylo ren which was a nice touch).

I'm just back from Orlando and finally able to get back on my Computer. We did SWDP on 09/12 the first day the parks opened after Irma and WOW I swear there was hardly 30 people at the dessert party and it was absolutely awesome. The CM's were really great and we had some great conversations with a couple of them as it was not busy at all. The storm troopers were great and we got some amazing photos. The food was yummy especially the frozen Nutella. We had a fabulous view of the show and it was amazing. My Star Wars mad hubby was in Star Wars nirvana. Thanks to all for your wonderful advice. Booking this party was one of the best decisions I made for this trip and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks for all the tips I found on here and special thanks to Fastpasser & Yullin3 you both rock. As soon as I get time I will start a trip report that will have more details of the night.

Anyway, the whole evening was fabulous, and would have been so even without the extra touch of being the family of the day.
Wow, being selected as "the Honorary Guide Family of the Day" is pretty special. Here's some clarification as to what that's all about.

Because they wear Launch Bay costumes, the non-server CMs working the party appear to be Launch Bay CMs, and don't get me started on that, they are not. They are WDW Park Event Operations aka PEO CMs and are "Event Guides".
There are only four of them at each party. They check guests in, if time allows, mingle with guests, or in my case harass and annoy guests, hand out the souvenir gifts and although the Stormtroopers appear to be leading the attendees to the viewing area, they are not, they're just for show, it's actually being done by the "Event Guides". And that's why the family is called "The Honorary (Event) Guide Family of the Day".

The selection of the family is done by the Event Guides at check in. If you'd like to be considered, you can increase your chances if everyone wears something SW related, are enthusiastic and happy to be there, but the main factor is if there are cute kids. It's actually all about them.
The storm troopers were great and we got some amazing photos.
They really are fun.
Booking this party was one of the best decisions I made for this trip and we would do it again in a heartbeat.
Glad to hear it.

Went to the dessert party on Sunday night and it was fabulous. We were the family of the night, I was so excited! The staff were all amazing (we have found all cast members to be amazing actually, but the Star Wars dessert party cms were extra amazing). I think it was our matching shorts that caught their eye, they are pretty cool, lol.

Anyway, the whole evening was fabulous, and would have been so even without the extra touch of being the family of the day. That was super lovely though, as we had been 3rd in a booth queue to sign up for Jedi training, and of course picked the first session, which was rained out. (Credit again to the staff, they waited till the last possible minute, and we got A fastpass to meet kylo ren which was a nice touch).
I want to see photos of the matching shorts!! :jester:

Now that we've had a few days of the new tour format do we have an idea on the flow of events? When is the meal? When does the tour wrap up? Still kicking around the idea of doing the tour even though its probably not worth the price without the dessert party. What can I say, I am a glutton for anything Star Wars.

Wow, being selected as "the Honorary Guide Family of the Day" is pretty special.
::yes:: :wizard:

They really are fun.

20170819_211657_zps94qnlqaa.jpg

20170819_211738_zpso0ruhkht.jpg

If you'd like to be considered, you can increase your chances if everyone wears something SW related, are enthusiastic and happy to be there, but the main factor is if there are

Yet again, it breaks my heart that there is no party when we're going. Stupid Jingle Bam!! My 9yo daughter will be spending the day as Rey and my 4yo son as Kylo Ren (their choice, not mine!). They would have been over the moon excited and pumped for the party. I know you'd have chosen them!!!! :sad::sad:

Norma was the name of the lady who lead us out. She was so lovely! Will try and post a pic of our shorts soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter