Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

My 5 year old was sick all weekend and has lovingly decided to share his germs with both my DH and me. Running with a sinus infection and chest congestion (on top of my asthma) should be lots of fun. We both got steroid shots and antibiotics and are hoping for the best!

On the plus side, I did get our shirts finished. Now I just need to pack. We fly out bright and early tomorrow morning!

IMG_3309.JPG IMG_3311.JPG
IMG_3313.JPG

Put me in the Thursday flights crowd. I have 3.5 more hours of work and then last minute packing. This time tomorrow we'll be boarding our flight to MCO!!!

Had a mild panic moment. The Wife is signed up for the 5k, but someone at active.com messed up as I was unable to print her a waiver. I called the help line and they told me to bring receipt to runner relations. Anxiety level is somewhat high right now as this is the first race she's done since high school, and is so looking forward to it.

Pics of the shirts are up on the Run Disney Instragram page and on some of the FB groups:

17952893_10100245380527725_562029250110996031_n.jpg

Sadly, I like the shirts for the 10k and the Challenge better than the Half, which is the race I am doing, but oh well. Maybe it will grow on me.....

Pics of the shirts are up on the Run Disney Instragram page and on some of the FB groups:

17952893_10100245380527725_562029250110996031_n.jpg

Sadly, I like the shirts for the 10k and the Challenge better than the Half, which is the race I am doing, but oh well. Maybe it will grow on me.....

First impression, I like them. Have to reserve final judgment until I see them in person, but the colors seem appropriate and I like the designs. I'll be getting the three challenge shirts and I'm pretty happy with all of them.

Ahhhhh! I made it through 3 days of work! Now to get packed and leave in the morning.

I'm too excited to sleep!!!! ;)

Jealous of all you folks getting there early! I won't be in until Saturday, thanks to a meeting. Thankfully, DW and I will be able to stick around for a few days and show off the medals. :D Because when you wear them out at home they look at you funny and protect their children and belongings. :confused3

Stay hydrated, sleep well, and hopefully I'll get to see y'all at the meet up Sunday morning! (I'll be the fool in the kilt.)

woohoo leaving in the morning too!!!!! but from the west coast area so I won't get to MCO until 430ish, ugh. Then first thing Friday to the Expo! We can't go to a park until saturday because of AP gold blackout dates, but then have 9 more days after that to recover and enjoy our Happy Place !!!! Good luck to everyone, we will be taking it very easy from Corral F as life as really gotten in the way of much training. We just will enjoy our selves and finish is all I expect and I am happy with that.

They were doing the New Balance virtual Queue in February.

In other news, I'm pretty sure this field trip is going to be the death of me. We closed down Epcot last night and then spent today at Uni/IoA. My legs are toast.

Anyone know how to get to the expo from a Disney hotel? I assume there will be busses to the wide world of sports?

Anyone know how to get to the expo from a Disney hotel? I assume there will be busses to the wide world of sports?
Yes, beginning at 9:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and then 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter