• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

We'll be there December 10-20 at Pop Century with the Disney Dining Plan. This will be our second trip to Disney, & first time at Christmas. I'm hoping we can get tickets to the MVMCP on 12/11/18. We're also going to be trying Universal for the first time this trip. I'm starting to get close to our 180 mark, and it's finally feeling real. There are 4 in our party- Me, DH, DS8, & DS5. DS5 is the reason we're going to Universal. He's a huge Harry Potter fan so we're taking him to experience the magic while he's little. He wants to grow up and be Harry Potter.

We'll be there December 10-20 at Pop Century with the Disney Dining Plan. This will be our second trip to Disney, & first time at Christmas. I'm hoping we can get tickets to the MVMCP on 12/11/18. We're also going to be trying Universal for the first time this trip. I'm starting to get close to our 180 mark, and it's finally feeling real. There are 4 in our party- Me, DH, DS8, & DS5. DS5 is the reason we're going to Universal. He's a huge Harry Potter fan so we're taking him to experience the magic while he's little. He wants to grow up and be Harry Potter.

I LOOOOOVE HP as well. He will have a BLAST. The theming is just so perfect and fun. I may gone there one too many times the past couple years.....Any Universal questions you may have, direct them my way! Especially anything HP related.

Honestly, even if the rest of the group isn't into HP, it's just so incredible to see!

HP is the best!! We loved it when we went a few years ago. Trying like crazy to add a day at Universal for our December trip but it’s so expensive.

We are doing Universal and Disney World as well. Almost the same dates - we will be at Universal (RPR) from Dec 7-11 and Disney (WL and the cabins at FW) from Dec 11-19. We are going to the Christmas party on the 11th. So excited for this first visit to Florida!

Weird. Got an email from TP about park hours for one day of my trip. It's the only day they have park hours for and updated, but can't find it on Disney website. I wonder where they got them from

DH and I will be there Dec 9 - Dec 16 and doing a split stay. We're doing Dec 9 - 11 at BWV and Dec 12 & 13 at OKW and Dec 14 & 15 are tenative @ AKV. Unfortunately DH does not want to do MVMCP this year. :( Was considering doing it by myself but not sure it is worth it for just parade and fireworks. May consider doing dessert party/(ies) instead.

Last edited:
Weird. Got an email from TP about park hours for one day of my trip. It's the only day they have park hours for and updated, but can't find it on Disney website. I wonder where they got them from
I have had them the past few days too... First one that came in I got all excited and thought maybe by some freak chance Disney had updated their hours hahhaa nope..

I am going over Christmas (20th-27th) with my family (myself, my wife, mom and dad, sister and brother-in-law). My parents bought at Copper Creek Villas, so that is where we will be staying (in a two bedroom). My mom bought tickets for MVMCP for the 20th and 21st for us, along with park tickets. I was informed yesterday that I am in charge of making dining reservations. Should be fun!

HP is the best!! We loved it when we went a few years ago. Trying like crazy to add a day at Universal for our December trip but it’s so expensive.
That's my only worry about it. It's an extra 1k just for tickets, then add in parking and extras... but I think it'll be worth it to see his face. My husband says we could just spend 10 days at Disney & he would be happy, so I'm waiting a bit before buying the Universal tickets.

Was able to get a good price and decent times for flights when SW opened its schedule this morning, so we are officially going! Just booked MVMCP for Sunday 12/2! Now better get ready for booking ADRs Saturday morning... :teeth:

Was able to get a good price and decent times for flights when SW opened its schedule this morning, so we are officially going! Just booked MVMCP for Sunday 12/2! Now better get ready for booking ADRs Saturday morning... :teeth:
It is so fun planning! Our ADR day is Saturday, too. I have been making my list, revising my list, repeat. :D

I have been making my list, revising my list, repeat.

Me too! I admit I'm a bit nervous since our trip is short this time and there are some popular ADRs we want to try for. I've been checking availability each morning and pickings are slim! I know free dining is going on around our trip although we aren't using that.

Good luck to both of us! :goodvibes

I just booked our flights this morning when Southwest released the dates, so this trip is actually becoming "real" now, I guess. Super excited. We'll be at POFQ Dec 2-7.

It's our four-year-old's first trip, which means we're probably going to skip some E-ticket attractions (FoP, we hardly knew ye), but I'm really excited to see the World through her eyes. I'm 100% sure she's going to be blown away by something I wouldn't expect, and completely underwhelmed by something I thought she'd love. That's the fun of it, though!

Booked our flights this morning! Got an ok time going down and a great time coming back. The nonstop going down that I wanted (midday) was higher than what I wanted to pay, so took an earlier flight for cost/point savings. Now to tell the kiddos we have to get up super super early to catch a flight...again...lol. Last year our flight was at 5:30...this year it is at 6:10...ah well. Maybe the midday flight will drop in price, lol.

Dec 5-12, Boardwalk Inn. Booked our flights too this morning with Southwest. Can't complain about $116.00 each way, out of Midway...though I think last year one leg was $95.00. Now the vacation seems a little more real:).

It is so fun planning! Our ADR day is Saturday, too. I have been making my list, revising my list, repeat. :D

Oops! Actually my ADRs are next Saturday not this Saturday not remembering that this Saturday is June 2. :sad2: I still have to be ready for what ADRs I really want but at least I have an additional week to plan. Just returned from a WDW trip so money is an issue. Still looks like a lot of people will be on the site bright and early Saturday morning though. :surfweb:

Last edited:
That's my party date too!!
That is my ADR day too. I was tossing in the air whether to go to AK Sat or Mon for EMH but think I decided on Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter