Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Good running all & good luck the rest the weekend!

View attachment 281242
Met @dancingtodisney and her fam in the corral! Fifth person back on the bus...do I get a medal for that?

Characters: the hen (Henrietta?), meeko the raccoon, atta, flick, Clarabelle. Who am I missing? My brain is tired.
How fun meeting each other, great outfits too!
Clara Cluck! so jealous, saw a pic on instagram & my parents said they saw her too, but they don't stop

Are we allowed to walk to the start if we are staying at the Poly? Seems way easier to walk than take a bus.

I had to sit in the parking lot for almost 20 minutes so the last runners could clear out. #WompWomp

#firstcorralproblems

We had same thing for getting back on bus but I was enjoying watching all the costumes run and walk by. But also really wanted to sit down.

Eek! What hotel? I can't wait to hear more reports about this. I like lots of time to go stand in the port o potty lines and then sit in my corral. Leaving at 4 would make me nervous. I think.

Wilderness Lodge. Ended up having no porta potty line anyways at 4:14 when we got there and they didn't open corrals until 4:30am. I still ended up in wave 1 of my corral so it turned out ok. Just a bit nerve wracking for someone who likes being punctual.

Last edited:
I completely missed getting my photo taken at the expo for the two course challenge. Didn’t see where it was, nobody directed me to it despite me asking if there was anything else I needed to do, and most importantly I flat out forgot. Does this mean I need to go back?

#firstcorralproblems

We had same thing for getting back on bus but I was enjoying watching all the costumes run and walk by. But also really wanted to sit down.

Wilderness Lodge. Ended up having no porta potty line anyways at 4:14 when we got there and they didn't open corrals until 4:30pm. I still ended up in wave 1 of my corral so it turned out ok. Just a bit nerve wracking for someone who likes being punctual.
Are u running tomorrow too? That's where I'm staying and I'll be curious to see if it's the same tomorrow and if it's just our resort.

Finally landed in Orlando! Can't wait to check in and then hit the expo. Really hoping there are some wine glasses left!

Glad to hear people had a fun 5k this morning. :)

I completely missed getting my photo taken at the expo for the two course challenge. Didn’t see where it was, nobody directed me to it despite me asking if there was anything else I needed to do, and most importantly I flat out forgot. Does this mean I need to go back?

Yes.

Thanks. What a bummer. Where were they taking the photos?

There is a backdrop and a PhotoPass photographer between every two kiosks for bib pickup - so, literally to the left or right of where you signed the book to get your bib.

FINISH LINE PHOTOS INCOMING!

Also, RD must’ve decided to use some of that California money for more signage as there’s a cool setup for ChEAR Squad this time around.

I’ll post pictures in a few.

Wilderness Lodge. Ended up having no porta potty line anyways at 4:14 when we got there and they didn't open corrals until 4:30pm. I still ended up in wave 1 of my corral so it turned out ok. Just a bit nerve wracking for someone who likes being punctual.

The corrals don’t open until 4:30am? (This is my first WDW race so I’m new to all this. Thanks for any intel you can provide!)

Hey y'all! I haven't really posted on this thread or paid much attention to this race since we got back from a trip to Canada a few days ago, but now the race is in two days and I'm a touch unprepared! I literally just looked at the race guide and thank goodness I did, because I had no idea the race started in the MK parking lot! I assume we park at Epcot and get bussed over if we're driving? What time is anyone else planning on being at Epcot? I'm thinking 3.30am, does that sound like leaving enough time? Thank goodness for the end of Daylight Savings!

My two boys are running tomorrow; my 18-month old in his first 100m dash, and my 4-year old is running his third Mickey Mile! We hit the Expo yesterday for race packets, but didn't have time to check out the merchandise since it was closing time. Hoping to have chance to look tomorrow!

Oh, and orange is NOT my color!

The corrals don’t open until 4:30am? (This is my first WDW race so I’m new to all this. Thanks for any intel you can provide!)

At least today's 5k the corrals opened at 4:30. They announced it was so everyone could enjoy the pre party area. No idea if same will happen tomorrow.

Are we allowed to walk to the start if we are staying at the Poly? Seems way easier to walk than take a bus.

Concierge said we could walk the path to TTC and then follow the path to the parking lot. It's what I'm planning to do.

I just walked 5k getting to my room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Place is huge!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Made it through my first 5k today. Managed to get 3 pictures and feel good about the run. Thanks to everyone on the board for all their hard work on trip reports. Really helped this lurker stay motivated. Now on to training for princess. ( also if @roxymama was on the bus from the contemporary to the expo yesterday I think I saw you but didn’t want to interrupt since you were with family and I wasn’t sure I feel it was you)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter