Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Concierge said we could walk the path to TTC and then follow the path to the parking lot. It's what I'm planning to do.
Drove past that area today on the way to the expo. Definitely seems doable. Not a short walk, but do able!

I just walked 5k getting to my room at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Place is huge!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.
I am probably the furthest possible room from the entrance at WL. (Except if I was on the villas side I guess). Still I am not going to complain because AKL is HUGE and I have been there and also at the far end of the beach club too. But don't they know rundisney rooms should be by elevators and lobbies so we can hobble back easier and save our feet for races before?!

On the plus side of my crazy room, I Just watched MK fireworks from my bed!

Good luck 10k runners!

Made it through my first 5k today. Managed to get 3 pictures and feel good about the run. Thanks to everyone on the board for all their hard work on trip reports. Really helped this lurker stay motivated. Now on to training for princess. ( also if @roxymama was on the bus from the contemporary to the expo yesterday I think I saw you but didn’t want to interrupt since you were with family and I wasn’t sure I feel it was you)

Next time...say Hi!! That could have been us! We took the contemporary bus on thurs afternoon. We were at our total wilt point after doing mk all morning and no one wanted to go to the expo and then we had to wait a long time for the bus. We were so anti expo that day.

Next time...say Hi!! That could have been us! We took the contemporary bus on thurs afternoon. We were at our total wilt point after doing mk all morning and no one wanted to go to the expo and then we had to wait a long time for the bus. We were so anti expo that day.
I was going to try to catch you after got off the bus or bus on the bus. But family moved way back and my mom who was originally supposed to be walking it was slower and in a wheelchair. (Got the shirt anyway as it we are referring to it as the race that saved her life.) but thank you so much for all your reports. Totally inspiring at least to this lurker.

Guess we all got far rooms! We got the very end of the hallway on the top floor at the Boardwalk but at least my view of Spaceship Earth can't be beat!

To anyone planning on walking from the Poly tomorrow, what time are you planning on leaving?
(Or if anyone who isn’t idea and has a suggestion of a time)
Was thinking 4am... my room is right next to the path for TTC but would love to hear what others think. Thanks!!

And to anyone else who is running tomorrow good luck! I’m a little worried haven’t ran since my last 10k in June.......

May be too late for some, but the official sign posted here in the Contemporary says that walking to the start line is prohibited and could result in a DQ. It says everyone must enter through the MK Rapunzel parking lot.

Hope everyone has a great run!

Don't know if anyone on here is a Meb Keflezighi fan but I am and I was up a bit later than planned last night watching the #TYMeb (thank you Meb) video that runwestin put out there and the milestones video for his last marathon being tomorrow. I found it inspirational and proud to be running this weekend too, even if it isn't in NYC with Meb. It's nice to see our sport getting love.

(Id love to see #tyjeffG or something at a Disney race. Without Galloway I would never have run again after my injury. So #TYjg!)

Hope everyone who ran today had fun and those running tomorrow good luck!

@roxyhubby had an awesome first rundisney race today. He finished pretty quick and met Oswald, the three pigs and vacation genie. Said there was a bear (he didn't know who) and a toy soldier that he skipped. Lines were only like 10 people or less long for him. He said he got a lot of oozma kappa shoutouts too :)
View attachment 281473

Congrats to roxyhubby! They were the bears from Brother Bear. I missed Vacation Genie somehow and that makes me sad.

Last edited:
Congrats to Roy hubby! They were the bears from Brother Bear. I missed Vacation Genie somehow and that makes me sad.

Hubby says genie was on the boardwalk. He says there maybe was another character earlier that wasn't out yet or was taking a break.

We saw 3 pigs or rather their backdrop as they were swapping out friends, sarge on the over pass Oswald at DHS Genie at Boardwalk and Keni and Koda in Canada...
They also had TOT Bellhops by the ride and some streetmosphere people (Italian ladies) by mile 5

by the time we got over to Genie we had the choice of just going .75 ish miles and aiming for a PR or to stop we chose the latter and then decided we are in Epcot so we won’t get swept we decided to wait for the Brother bear bears
Good luck to those running the challenge may do it next year it depends how crazy I feel come March

May be too late for some, but the official sign posted here in the Contemporary says that walking to the start line is prohibited and could result in a DQ. It says everyone must enter through the MK Rapunzel parking lot.

Hope everyone has a great run!

Walked over for the start today from Polynesian and plan to do it again tomorrow. There were multilevel cast members along the way pointing us in the right direction. Maybe They only want Polynesian to walk? It’s probably 0.75mi or so but shorter than a bus. I’m thinking I can probably leave at 4:20 tomorrow and have plenty of time.

I was wondering who those bears were! In my head I decided they were generic Canadian bears. After all, they were super nice.

Ha ha. Yes very nice Canadian bears. I don’t think a lot of folks had stopped for them when I came by. They were very happy to have some one stop. :)

Walked over for the start today from Polynesian and plan to do it again tomorrow. There were multilevel cast members along the way pointing us in the right direction. Maybe They only want Polynesian to walk? It’s probably 0.75mi or so but shorter than a bus. I’m thinking I can probably leave at 4:20 tomorrow and have plenty of time.

If it helps, i left the Polynesian at 4:30am, walked leisurely, and was in my corral by 5am.

If there are any Astro’s fans here, they are having the parade for the World series win today at 12:45( I think that’s right)

If there are any Astro’s fans here, they are having the parade for the World series win today at 12:45( I think that’s right)
I was shocked the announcer didn’t bring that up every 5-10 minutes like they did for the Cubs parade last season

Mental note to stay at the Poly if I ever do this again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter