Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

If there are any Astro’s fans here, they are having the parade for the World series win today at 12:45( I think that’s right)

I think that was the saddest parade ever. :guilty: One float and none of the players really looked thrilled to be there. There also didn't seem to be that many Astros fans at the park today. I only saw a handful of people wearing Astros gear. Last year you couldn't throw a Mickey Bar without hitting someone wearing Cubs gear.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 31
I think that was the saddest parade ever. :guilty: One float and none of the players really looked thrilled to be there. There also didn't seem to be that many Astros fans at the park today. I only saw a handful of people wearing Astros gear. Last year you couldn't throw a Mickey Bar without hitting someone wearing Cubs gear.

They're probably all hung over from the parade & party in Houston yesterday.

I have to disagree - I don't know how many floats the cubs had last year but the three players with mickey and goofy today was SO cool. I have pictures of them smiling so big and really enjoying themselves. We were right at the end of main street beforethe Christmas tree and the fans and just random guests were so excited to see them. It was really cool for me to experience and I'm not even an Astros fan (not anti-Astros or anything, just from Pittsburgh so I bleed black and gold).

On another note - does anyone know if they are checking id's at the corrals or anything? I don't want to bring mine and I've never had mine checked but a few years back someone told me they check them.

Wait, how many cubs fans did you hit with mickey bars??? I didn't know this was something I could do. I'm off to find a mickey bar and a cubs fan!

Wait...but why would anyone throw a mickey bar? I'm so confused.

Last edited:
Wait, how many cubs fans did you hit with mickey bars??? I didn't know this was something I could do. I'm off to find a mickey bar and a cubs fan!

Wait...by why would anyone throw a mickey bar? I'm so confused.
Can I join you in the throwing Mickey bars at a Cubs fan? Although I agree - maybe not Mickey bars. They're too good to waste. I was at the MK on the day of the Cubs parade last year while there for Wine and Dine and it was an undesirable experience. I encountered a lot of rude and disrespectful fans, including some who camped out on the curb for the victory parade but proceeded to stand up for the whole Festival of Fantasy parade, blocking our view the whole time. We asked them to sit since they didn't need to stand being on the curb (everyone else on the curb sat) but they completed ignored us.

Sorry for my rant. To actually post relevant to the thread, I hope everyone running this weekend is having fun! Good luck to the half runners tomorrow!!

I have to disagree - I don't know how many floats the cubs had last year but the three players with mickey and goofy today was SO cool. I have pictures of them smiling so big and really enjoying themselves. We were right at the end of main street beforethe Christmas tree and the fans and just random guests were so excited to see them. It was really cool for me to experience and I'm not even an Astros fan (not anti-Astros or anything, just from Pittsburgh so I bleed black and gold).

On another note - does anyone know if they are checking id's at the corrals or anything? I don't want to bring mine and I've never had mine checked but a few years back someone told me they check them.

First - Let’s Go Bucs!

Second - no they don’t check ids at the corrals.

That’s awesome! I wish I knew they were doing that as I’m from Houston and would have loved it!

This morning they were just checking bibs for corral assignments.

I really enjoyed the 10K today. Made it on the first bus, got a pic w/ Chip & Dale, then went to the corrals. Stopped for Oswald, the bellhop at TOT, & the bears. Took my time through HS since I hadn’t been there since 1999. Loved the Christmas decorations.

Good luck to everyone running the Half tomorrow! I’m hoping I get to bed before 10:30 tonight.

I was at MK last year for the Cubs, too. I don’t have an affinity for any team, but I thought it was cool that we got to see them.

Hey at least this year they had a float last year the Cubs were in a vintage car and it was hard to see them

Expo is over, need two tickets for the wine and dine after party. Please reply if anyone have some they are not going to use.

One of the many things we found out during the keys to the kingdom tour is that the players themselves get to decide on their parade vehical
Interesting fact and here we thought it was a nicer float as they would intercut the Astro Float in with DL Christmas Parade footage

Only a few more hours :) Coming from offsite with my own car. Anyone else still plan on parking at the finish area at Epcot and taking the bus to the start line? Curious what time folks plan on arriving at Epcot?

Only a few more hours :) Coming from offsite with my own car. Anyone else still plan on parking at the finish area at Epcot and taking the bus to the start line? Curious what time folks plan on arriving at Epcot?
We are also coming from off-site as well. We are planning on leaving by 3:30 (thank goodness for the time change!). Under ideal conditions, it would take us 10 minutes to get to Epcot but we will see how it is in the morning. Interested to know what others are doing as well.

Here's to hoping my husband survives the half! He had a lot of mimosas at Parisian Afternoon and he hasn't left the bed since we got back to the room at 3:30pm. He's either going to be super rested or super hungover. Missed our dinner reservation and ordered room service instead. Totally the most expensive Grilled Chicken Caesar (which is in the fridge since he hasn't gotten up yet) and Buffalo Wings we've ever had once you factor in the $20 reservation miss fee + room service mark up.

Here's to hoping my husband survives the half! He had a lot of mimosas at Parisian Afternoon and he hasn't left the bed since we got back to the room at 3:30pm. He's either going to be super rested or super hungover. Missed our dinner reservation and ordered room service instead. Totally the most expensive Grilled Chicken Caesar (which is in the fridge since he hasn't gotten up yet) and Buffalo Wings we've ever had once you factor in the $20 reservation miss fee + room service mark up.

Think of it more as paying for a premium spa service. Where the service is a nap and buffalo wings. I'd pay for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter