• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

Where can I find the pictures of the race? The ones taken while I was running? I did the 5k

Thanks
I'm curious to this too. I went to mydisneyphotopass.com and tried to enter my bib code but it gave me an error message. I just ran the half so I'm hoping I'm just too early to check. Anyone else see theirs yet?

And no results yet either??? I can get my results of my local 5k on the car ride home. What am I missing? I went to the link in the event program (rundisney.com)- nevermind! Found it this time!

Does anyone know anything about the man that collapsed during the race today or the woman that fell and hurt her arm or shoulder?

No I didn't know about either! I did see someone in a wheelchair and an orange half shirt at Epcot this afternoon. I hope all of them are ok.

I found it to be a difficult run for me personally this morning. The humidity in the beginning got to me, and my undertrained and injured feet/legs just did not like the banked roads. But I made it! (And made it all the way eating around Epcot this afternoon before our flight!)

Holy crap, that was rough!

I felt great during the race right up until the end, although I think I pushed myself too hard early on. But as soon as I got in my car to drive home, I started shaking from the cold (although it wasn’t cold) and developed a splitting headache (like, the kind where you can’t move your eyes because it hurts too much!) Felt like crap all day until finally managed a 2-hour nap around 2pm then headache began to subside, but I’ve been shaky and nauseous all day. Anyone have any insight as to what I did wrong? Don’t want to feel like this again! I was well hydrated, but did start to get super hungry around 6 miles and definitely felt the humidity.

Anyway, highlight for me was riding Tower of Terror, first time getting to do that during a race! Wanted to wait in line for Oswald but I’d already waited for the penguins and wanted to get in under three hours.

Congrats to all the runners today, and thanks to all the supporters, especially the guy handing out sour patch kids!

Holy crap, that was rough!

I felt great during the race right up until the end, although I think I pushed myself too hard early on. But as soon as I got in my car to drive home, I started shaking from the cold (although it wasn’t cold) and developed a splitting headache (like, the kind where you can’t move your eyes because it hurts too much!) Felt like crap all day until finally managed a 2-hour nap around 2pm then headache began to subside, but I’ve been shaky and nauseous all day. Anyone have any insight as to what I did wrong? Don’t want to feel like this again! I was well hydrated, but did start to get super hungry around 6 miles and definitely felt the humidity.

Anyway, highlight for me was riding Tower of Terror, first time getting to do that during a race! Wanted to wait in line for Oswald but I’d already waited for the penguins and wanted to get in under three hours.

Congrats to all the runners today, and thanks to all the supporters, especially the guy handing out sour patch kids!
Sounds like electrolyte imbalances

Sounds like electrolyte imbalances
I second this.

It happens to me during humid races/runs where I push my pace too fast. Especially if I "kick" and speed up (either at the end or after a character stop) and also if I drink too much during the run. Now I know I that I have to take salt tablets (Powerade isn't enough for me) and significantly slow my pace when the temps are above 60 and humid. I was a full 90 seconds slower per mile today. I don't know how everyone else FELT but everyone else LOOKED drenched. It wasn't the hottest race I've done, but it was by no means easy.

Congrats on the race!

Hmmmm... with my 2018 Kessel Run plan shot to hell, I've been contemplating signing up for a fall race to balance out Dark Side in the spring. TBH, Wine & Dine was kind of second or third on my list but now that I've seen pics of Oswald and Adventurer's Club cast on the courses, it's jumped right to the top! Of course, I'll sign up and those characters will be nowhere to be found next year, but a girl can hope, right??

Apparently he didn't make it. Some of the Facebook groups said he was only 28, and his wife was at mile 10 when it happened.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...half-marathon-runner-died-20171105-story.html

My family was by the finish line and saw the medical personnel rush him right away and perform CPR for a long time.I had read some on this and apparently its due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in runners under 40 and regular coronary artery disease in those over 40.Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a genetic abonormality in the proteins of the heart muscle cells and is much less responsive to resuscitation than coronary artery disease,the article states 7 times less likely to survive than coronary artery disease.Another thing the article mentioned is that males are five times more likely to have a cardiac event than a female.With the report of the runner being a 28 year old male and that CPR was performed immediately to no avail it sounds like what the article mentioned,my heart goes out to the family !!

Last edited:
Wow I came to post about what a great race weekend it was and just read about the 28 year old. So incredibly sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter