Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I'm in! Along with 3 friends. This will be my fourth runDisney event, 3rd runDisney half marathon. We have rooms booked at Pop, and so excited! I have an AP - does anyone know if I can register any of my friends early as well? I know back in 2015 I was able to register myself, my niece and a friend, but not sure that was still okay.

Existing travel plans have derailed almost all my usual check-in Half options during my training for the January Marathon, so I'm seriously considering coming in just to do the Half. W&D is the only race weekend at WDW I haven't done yet!

Dh and I just returned from a non running Disney trip, and we've decided to run the W&D weekend! He will do the 10k and I will do the half. Due to kid/school issues, we can't both be there in time for 10k packet pick up on Friday, otherwise I'd do the 10k too.
We've already booked our resort (Coronado Springs) just waiting for race registration!

Editing to add: I used to be a HUGE RunDisney fan around 2014-17. I ran most of the FL races and some of the CA ones. My last RunDisney race was Dopey 2018--so this will be my first time back in nearly 3 years. I'm excited!

Not officially in yet, but I suspect I will be. Need to discuss something with my older son when he's home for spring break. (Basically, if he can be supervising adult for my younger son so my wife can come along on this one.)

Me and my fiancé just booked our honeymoon trip to do the Wine and Dine! We're staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Is it an okay place to stay on race weekends?

Do AP’s get early regaistration? If so, does anyone know what day or time? I’m just wondering if I need to take the morning off work for this lol. Ran the Princess 5k this morning and I’m ready for another.

Do AP’s get early regaistration? If so, does anyone know what day or time? I’m just wondering if I need to take the morning off work for this lol. Ran the Princess 5k this morning and I’m ready for another.
Yes usually the Thursday before general registration. Always at 10AM EST.

Yes usually the Thursday before general registration. Always at 10AM EST.
Yikes! I absolutely have to be in a meeting that morning. Why was I thinking it was noon??? Does the Wine and Dine sell out really fast like the Princess?

Yikes! I absolutely have to be in a meeting that morning. Why was I thinking it was noon??? Does the Wine and Dine sell out really fast like the Princess?
Used to be noon about two years ago. They made a switch a while back. Wine and dine races do tend to sell out but not crazy quick.

My guess is 5k and 10k will be sold out within a day or two.... challenge will sell out within a week.... just the half should have a little bit more time

The challenge is going to be interesting. It is an anniversary and the theme of villains I think could make that happen a little faster.
Anniversary for 10k/challenge + villains theme + jersey week
Could be a perfect storm.

Wine & Dine seems to go more quickly than the other race weekends here recently. I just want the challenge, so I’m thinking of trying to get in during early AP registration. If I do, great, if not I’ll probably try to register with a TA immediately after to avoid the risk of general registration selling out too quickly on me.

Wine & Dine seems to go more quickly than the other race weekends here recently. I just want the challenge, so I’m thinking of trying to get in during early AP registration. If I do, great, if not I’ll probably try to register with a TA immediately after to avoid the risk of general registration selling out too quickly on me.
Princess typically is the most popular in terms of still selling out quickly. Wine and Dine would be next. 5K's and 10Ks on all weekends are the most popular distances. I would always recommend anyone to sign up on the first day if they can. I do think the days of races selling out in minutes are behind us though.

DH and I are planning on doing the 5k and 10k. We have this both at Marathon Weekend 2018 and the Super Heros 2016. We have AKV booked. The only thing I hate about this hotel is how far away it is to Epcot. I wish DL would bring back their races as we prefer how easy it is to get to and from the race.

Booked at Pop. I've got enough days booked to do all three races, but I'm still not sure about the 5K. I'm also not sure if I want to stay at Pop or switch to AS Movies to save money. I'm not planning much park time, so I don't know which is the better option...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter