***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

I am eager to see what the crowds will be like after Labor Day. All the blogs seem to be saying that summer was slower but the wait times seemed to be pretty heavy all summer to me.
June & July were definitely slow for summer. I think August would've been slower the first few weeks, but the early AP blockout lift raised crowds. We'll see a big drop off in crowds over the next 2 weeks. Touring Plans posted their school schedule data and by next week only 27% of the schools they track are on vacation. Next week's crowds will be a telling sign to what to expect Labor Day week.

.com, qa1
June & July were definitely slow for summer. I think August would've been slower the first few weeks, but the early AP blockout lift raised crowds. We'll see a big drop off in crowds over the next 2 weeks. Touring Plans posted their school schedule data and by next week only 27% of the schools they track are on vacation. Next week's crowds will be a telling sign to what to expect Labor Day week.
As in the week of the 27th? And thanks for the reply!

I got Mickey Mail! I came in to find it waiting for me, I didn't expect it I practically screamed and then got emotional opening it :earseek::lmao:

Edit: UK version I guess

36500110452_4924375b52_n.jpg

35834642304_56e9794f15.jpg

I got a yellow card thing that opened out into a picture resort map and on the other side is discounts for mainly Disney Springs
The book reminds me of the Little Book of Disney planning - Park info and maps, general travel info etc.

And......

36531356281_68e3736041_n.jpg

Luggage tags!!!!!! :cheer2::love: Kind of afraid to use them haha.
Nice, your tags look different the the tags we have received.

I can't believe that we can say we will be at Disney in two weeks! So excited. Nothing to do but get excited and pack!

YES!! I keep going over the itinerary again and again...getting excited!! I still can't believe that for a last minute trip we are still going to be able to enjoy the Halloween Party and the Food and Wine Festival!

Bringing in the suitcases and tagging them this weekend!

YES!! I keep going over the itinerary again and again...getting excited!! I still can't believe that for a last minute trip we are still going to be able to enjoy the Halloween Party and the Food and Wine Festival!

Bringing in the suitcases and tagging them this weekend!
This weekend? Are you mad? I've already packed and repacked. Now I have to pack again, because upgraded to first class and now I get two free bags.

This weekend? Are you mad? I've already packed and repacked. Now I have to pack again, because upgraded to first class and now I get two free bags.

LOL! Trust me - it's not MY idea! Our suitcases are up in the attic and I need DH to bring them down. And he is the Great Procrastinator! Actually, he is having some friends over this weekend and he doesnt want them to see the craziness of packing 2 weeks before we leave. I will be standing by the door so as the last guest leaves, the bags come down! I've had all my stuff ready to go in neat little stacks on my dresser. I've checked them about 80 times against my checklist...lol.
The only way to be sure I have everything is to get it in the suitcase! I won't be satisfied until then!

LOL! Trust me - it's not MY idea! Our suitcases are up in the attic and I need DH to bring them down. And he is the Great Procrastinator! Actually, he is having some friends over this weekend and he doesnt want them to see the craziness of packing 2 weeks before we leave. I will be standing by the door so as the last guest leaves, the bags come down! I've had all my stuff ready to go in neat little stacks on my dresser. I've checked them about 80 times against my checklist...lol.
The only way to be sure I have everything is to get it in the suitcase! I won't be satisfied until then!
I just need my electronics packed, but I will be making just one list this time. I've moved the magic bands to the personal luggage. I just need my computer, tablet, watch cable and phone cable packed.

Speaking of packing...please share your packing checklists. Bonus points if you can share yours for toddlers.

Last edited:

I just need my electronics packed, but I will be making just one list this time. I've moved the magic bands to the personal luggage. I just need my computer, tablet, watch cable and phone cable packed.

Seriously in awe of those of you who can pack ahead of time. I need my clothes! Maybe I just need more Disney specific attire. This trip should work well for my need to pack the day before we go because our flight is too early for my husband to argue he can do it in the morning.

Seriously in awe of those of you who can pack ahead of time. I need my clothes! Maybe I just need more Disney specific attire. This trip should work well for my need to pack the day before we go because our flight is too early for my husband to argue he can do it in the morning.

My husband CAN and WILL argue that can pack in the hours before we leave. He hates packing ahead of time. We have to leave the house no later than 3:00am. We will sleep for a few hours and then a quick shower. AFTER his shower, he will start packing. It causes sooooo much anxiety for me. In the meantime, the kids and i are packed, showered, dressed, have eaten a quick breakfast and are twiddling our thumbs while waiting for him. I am NOT looking forward to this part of the trip...lol

I'm lucky I work from home so I don't wear the same clothes I would need for every day life. I only leave the house maybe one more time from now till the time I leave for the airport.

My husband CAN and WILL argue that can pack in the hours before we leave. He hates packing ahead of time. We have to leave the house no later than 3:00am. We will sleep for a few hours and then a quick shower. AFTER his shower, he will start packing. It causes sooooo much anxiety for me. In the meantime, the kids and i are packed, showered, dressed, have eaten a quick breakfast and are twiddling our thumbs while waiting for him. I am NOT looking forward to this part of the trip...lol
Oh HECK no. I was in a relationship with someone who would start their laundry the night before. I have issues sleeping if I travel early. I'll stay up all night. Now we take red eyes so not so bad, but now that I'm single I don't worry about the packing. I will say that being single has its perks, and living with my parents. I'll clean my room the night before I leave, because I like to come back to a clean house. It's funny my dogs know when I'm traveling because my partner and I used to really clean the house, give it a spring cleaning. Then the dogs would get all depressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter