***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

My husband CAN and WILL argue that can pack in the hours before we leave. He hates packing ahead of time. We have to leave the house no later than 3:00am. We will sleep for a few hours and then a quick shower. AFTER his shower, he will start packing. It causes sooooo much anxiety for me. In the meantime, the kids and i are packed, showered, dressed, have eaten a quick breakfast and are twiddling our thumbs while waiting for him. I am NOT looking forward to this part of the trip...lol

That is impressive last minute packing. I would be so anxious and probably not very nice about it. Travel day is not my nicest day until we are at the gate. I own it and have done what I can to make it easier on all (early flight and pre-check make me a happier camper).

That is impressive last minute packing. I would be so anxious and probably not very nice about it. Travel day is not my nicest day until we are at the gate. I own it and have done what I can to make it easier on all (early flight and pre-check make me a happier camper).

HIGH anxiety! I tend to get really ugly right before a trip. Don't mess with my schedule!
The funny thing is that he always tends to forget something...and I just laugh...lol. Probably not nice of me, but it's not nice to cause my anxiety either.

I used to pack for everybody in our travel parties. I have had to pack and repack bags for four people because they couldn't fit everything in their bags. I'm a master packer. I don't sleep until every bag is packed and waiting by the door.

I'm with you. My DH has begun to start off each travel day with, "Honey, remember that everything is going to work out. There's no need to get stressed." Or something similar because he knows that I'm going to get a little witchy when it comes time to get ready to leave. But that makes it even worse!
i am calm.gif

HIGH anxiety! I tend to get really ugly right before a trip. Don't mess with my schedule!
The funny thing is that he always tends to forget something...and I just laugh...lol. Probably not nice of me, but it's not nice to cause my anxiety either.

I used to pack for everybody in our travel parties. I have had to pack and repack bags for four people because they couldn't fit everything in their bags. I'm a master packer. I don't sleep until every bag is packed and waiting by the door.

I'm with you. My DH has begun to start off each travel day with, "Honey, remember that everything is going to work out. There's no need to get stressed." Or something similar because he knows that I'm going to get a little witchy when it comes time to get ready to leave. But that makes it even worse!
View attachment 263609

Haha. I am glad to see I'm not the only one who struggles to stay calm on travel day! I swear it is worth it in the end and everyone is happy that I went to all of the trouble to plan everything once we get there.

View attachment 263609[/QUOTE

LOL!!!!!! your GIF had me laughing out loud at work!! SO TRUE!!

I can't stand the "everything is fine, it'll be okay"...I want to know HOW it will be okay and HOW it will work out...lol. Yes, totally lunatic mode in 2 weeks...lol

Haha. I am glad to see I'm not the only one who struggles to stay calm on travel day! I swear it is worth it in the end and everyone is happy that I went to all of the trouble to plan everything once we get there.
I'm manic. I write litsa sna dhtn another ist to make sure I got everyting on the first one. Now i'm just going to go with it. but I do need to remember the advil.

At this point, I'm just going to set my expectation each day being an 8 and if it's less than that, then my day has been made.

In my head I'm dealing with the crowds around 4th July weekend when I last went and then hopefully I shall be surprised. I'd rather plan for busy and have time to spare than the other way around.

I have stuff in the suitcase, havn't fully packed yet. I could pack most of my clothes in theory. Temperatures dropped down again. I'm taking two suitcases and my mums a pro packer if I get stuck.

I get anxiety about lost luggage and getting to and through the airport ok. I'm packing one swimsuit, spare underwear, another top and my two MNSSHP costumes and ears in handluggage. I'm traveling international and can't get to the shops easy if I was to lose a suitcase.

We have been there on Christmas Day. It was probably the most crowded I have ever seen. It was packed, but still do-able. We had a great time. I figure if we can get thru that without being disappointed, we can handle anything. But i still have my fingers crossed that the crowds are very low.

17 days to go. Myself and both daughters are 99% packed. Just have to throw those last minute things in (contact case, hair brush, etc.) DH on the other hand hasn't even thought about what he wants to take. We will have to leave for the airport at like 2:30am the day we depart, betting DH starts packing at like 2am.

Speaking of packing...please share your packing checklists. Bonus points if you can share yours for toddlers.

Oh toddlers! I used the packing list from one of the major sites (I can't remember it now) I made a few edits, mostly taking stuff off. It's honestly more about stuff than clothing. The basic stuff we don't use often, like tums and allergy meds, I got at Dollar Tree, cause everything is $1. We have a great one near us with all kinds of Disney stuff.

So far I've packed all of DD's outfits in ziplock bags and have everything "staged" in our spare room. I'm hoping to spend this weekend finalizing everything. DH will undoubtably pack the Sunday before we leave...:confused3

This is what I've got for DD(3)'s Busy Bag, for the plane. She's never seen any of these items, so as to hold her interest for more than 2 seconds. Anything that is hers, I hid away about a week ago, we are two weeks from travel Day today.

-new backpack
-stationary kit with markers(yikes), crayons, pad of paper, pencils, erasers, plastic scissors(that cut next to nothing). I added extra colored paper and a few sheets of stickers.
-foam shapes that we cut out together, to build stuff with and play around with
-these little clay princess characters from a dollar tree
-two new books
-Princess window clings (brought some for the flight back too.
-tablet with three movies downloaded, in case wifi is a problem
-snacks and lollipop candies for take off and landing.

I will have 4 wrapped figurines that are her favorite, the wrapping is just for fun, two glow in the dark bracelettes and two blind bags.

I'm stressing the flight. Elora is not a sitter. She will watch a show if she's tired, but if not she wants to play. Bless the people around us cause she's a chatty one and will undoubtably talk to all of them. :hyper2:

Attachments

• Packing LIst (Final).pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Oh toddlers! I used the packing list from one of the major sites (I can't remember it now) I made a few edits, mostly taking stuff off. It's honestly more about stuff than clothing. The basic stuff we don't use often, like tums and allergy meds, I got at Dollar Tree, cause everything is $1. We have a great one near us with all kinds of Disney stuff.

So far I've packed all of DD's outfits in ziplock bags and have everything "staged" in our spare room. I'm hoping to spend this weekend finalizing everything. DH will undoubtably pack the Sunday before we leave...:confused3

This is what I've got for DD(3)'s Busy Bag, for the plane. She's never seen any of these items, so as to hold her interest for more than 2 seconds. Anything that is hers, I hid away about a week ago, we are two weeks from travel Day today.

-new backpack
-stationary kit with markers(yikes), crayons, pad of paper, pencils, erasers, plastic scissors(that cut next to nothing). I added extra colored paper and a few sheets of stickers.
-foam shapes that we cut out together, to build stuff with and play around with
-these little clay princess characters from a dollar tree
-two new books
-Princess window clings (brought some for the flight back too.
-tablet with three movies downloaded, in case wifi is a problem
-snacks and lollipop candies for take off and landing.

I will have 4 wrapped figurines that are her favorite, the wrapping is just for fun, two glow in the dark bracelettes and two blind bags.

I'm stressing the flight. Elora is not a sitter. She will watch a show if she's tired, but if not she wants to play. Bless the people around us cause she's a chatty one and will undoubtably talk to all of them. :hyper2:

I've been stocking up stuff for months now. Bought two new backpacks for the girls I'll give them on the plane. It's filled with busy stuff. All new.

I'm also doing tinkerbell gifts. When they wake up in the morning or when we get back to the room at night they'll be gifts waiting for them from tinkerbell. New nightgowns (princess gowns), little toys, etc.

I just went to target and they have a ton of princess stuff in the $1 bins. I also stocked up on first aid stuff for both the kids and us. They even had a really cute free first aid bag for free with the purchase of three things.

I'm also going to do their daily outfits labeled in zip locs and a backup outfit for each day as well based on what Park we'll be at.

Also bringing princess dresses for character meals and m&g.

I've been stocking up stuff for months now. Bought two new backpacks for the girls I'll give them on the plane. It's filled with busy stuff. All new.

I'm also doing tinkerbell gifts. When they wake up in the morning or when we get back to the room at night they'll be gifts waiting for them from tinkerbell. New nightgowns (princess gowns), little toys, etc.

I just went to target and they have a ton of princess stuff in the $1 bins. I also stocked up on first aid stuff for both the kids and us. They even had a really cute free first aid bag for free with the purchase of three things.

I'm also going to do their daily outfits labeled in zip locs and a backup outfit for each day as well based on what Park we'll be at.

Also bringing princess dresses for character meals and m&g.

We have some Tinker Belle gifts too. I score some incredible ones at Party City. A lot of their stuff is on super sale to make room for Halloween. She got a Frozen wand and hair brush, some little bubbles and a bunch of light up stuff, all for buy one get one free. Was also got little candies there, they do 15 small candies for $1.

I gotta head to Target for some Body Glide, will check out the dollar section. I have a $10 gift card for Target from my swagbucks so it'll be free!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter