***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

We will be there Labor Day week. Probably check in on the 2nd & stay til the 10th. Won't know which resort until August because I use my RCI points to book through DVC and if I book within 30 days we get a points discount, but it will probably be OKW or SSR. If we get lucky we may snag AKV, but anywhere on property is fine with us. I will post when we get it nailed down.

Got busy the last 2 months and forgot to update. My RCI didn't work out but thanks to an extra productive 3 months on SwagBucks, we got enough in Disney gift cards to reserve a week at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness plus have plenty left over for food and other crap we don't really need. :tongue:

So we are officially in for September. We are in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness Sept. 3rd thru the 9th. Me, my wife, and my mom. We are only going to AK but my wife and I are going to the MNSSHP on the 7th. And we got rented a golf cart!!! See you all there.

Got busy the last 2 months and forgot to update. My RCI didn't work out but thanks to an extra productive 3 months on SwagBucks, we got enough in Disney gift cards to reserve a week at the Cabins in Fort Wilderness plus have plenty left over for food and other crap we don't really need. :tongue:

So we are officially in for September. We are in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness Sept. 3rd thru the 9th. Me, my wife, and my mom. We are only going to AK but my wife and I are going to the MNSSHP on the 7th. And we got rented a golf cart!!! See you all there.
Same here! Party on the 7th and the same dates! Just husband and I. Plan on hitting the outlet for stuff we don't need and party merchandise on the 7th. I'm a huge fan of Halloween.

ok so if the tags come in the Magic bands, I wonder if those of us who are international that pick up our bands at the resort upon check in will still get them. I got my Magic Express yellow tags and the sheet with the bar code on it but no Mickey luggage tags :( I have all the different ones from over the years on my luggage. I wonder if they will come???

I'm not sure about international but we booked a last minute package and had to get the ugly gray bands when we checked in. On our 2nd day they delivered luggage tags to our room while we were out. They were all the gray ones but they were still cute.

Just go our tickets for the 24th for MNSSHP :dogdance:. Needing suggestions on my grandson for a costume that will not be hot. Everything I see is going to be hot on him. He will be 23 months old and wears 12 months.

Single digits!!!!!

I also got a Disney vacation planning survey that asked whether I had ever use the Disney World Website or MDE App. Hahahahaha. I am kind of glad they didn't ask how often I visit!
I'm afraid I would break their counter :o if they asked me how often I visit the website (which I do that primarily and only use the app, currently that is, every now and then)

I remember on our first Disney cruise. We were not required to have passports, but you had to bring your birth certificate. We went with a group of 3 families. I sent out MANY emails and texts reminding everyone that they ALL had to have birth certificates! When we were all on the way to the airport, I asked everyone and they all said yes, they had them. Asked again when we got off the flight (I was afraid someone would leave a bag or something behind). So we get to the hotel and check in at the cruise desk. Of course, one of the guys did NOT have his birth certificate. He thought I meant JUST the kids! He laughed and said oh well...and the lady at the desk said, yep, oh well, your are NOT getting on this ship without it. He turned white as a ghost! I tried not to laugh, but seriously, how many times could I have said it!! Luckily, his sister was house sitting for him and was able to FEDEX it overnight to him. It was an $80 mistake.

:sad2: no idea why he though just the kids would need it.

When I last wend to Disney World I was the lead name on our holiday through a travel agent so I had to pay any balance left. 4 friends although one of the guys was more of an acquaintance. After booking he quit his job so that had me worried until the day the trip was paid off. Then he let us know he couldn't swim, didn't like hot weather, rollercoasters and had never been on a flight before - can't say spending around 9 hours on a flight when you haven't been on a plane before was smart. Thankfully the trip went pretty smoothly although he didn't bring enough money and was using his credit card for all the transactions. I hate to think what his currency conversion charges were like since he was getting that every time he used the card. :scared:

@OatsZoo might be worth calling? I'm international and I got a booklet with luggage tags and a travel book similar to the little book of Disney they did with travel planning. I didn't get the Magical Express info though (might have to look into that) and my Magic Band will be waiting for me at the hotel. I did not book flights with Disney just the hotel.

No email yet but I have this on MDE: Your MagicBand order is being personalized. Check back soon for shipping details.

Getting ready to get the suitcases and put them in the guest room so we can start packing!!

No email yet but I have this on MDE: Your MagicBand order is being personalized. Check back soon for shipping details.

Getting ready to get the suitcases and put them in the guest room so we can start packing!!
When was your last day to personalize? Do you remember that?

Its should be soon. Mine shipped around 3 and a half weeks till trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter