'Ohana breakfast: bacon officially gone

They know everyone wants bacon,
SO it is a cost/cutting measure because their character breakfast is SO popular.

$$$'s on that they do not bring the bacon back,
no matter HOW MUCH guests complain !
Especially for the price of the breakfast,
it just spells rip off!

Well, I won't be eating there for breakfast. Ham gives my medical condition issues while bacon does not (I have no idea why). So boo on this change (cause pineapple is also horrible for said condition).

Ham is about 1/2 the price of bacon to folks retail...so I imagine it's the same for Disney...People also eat way less ham than bacon, since it's not as liked...and ham is way easier to prep and less mess...that's a total breakfast cost savings cut on a breakfast they are probably clearing $10+/person in pure profit already...

As people mentioned, authenticity is spam...but that costs close to bacon/lb, so no way they were moving that way...

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mid-atl...ailfoodandenergyprices_usandmidwest_table.htm

Thanks for the report, OP. I am so disgusted by ham that we will probably cancel. I was able to grab a PPO ADR for CP on the same day, so I guess it's time to let it goooooo :)

Let's hope this is not the beginning of the end of AYCTE bacon @ WDW--CP & Boma buffets; AYCTE breakfast skillet @ WCC, etc.

Just had to say how much I love your avatar! OMG. Christian Bale singing Santa Fe!!!!

Probably trying to make it more authentically themes. Portuguese sausages and SPAM are typical Hawaiian breakfast foods.
I thought the same thing when we recently went based on the change to ham with pineapple, but they changed their sausage to a basic cheap version that you would find anywhere. So not only was the bacon taken away but they changed the sausage that was very good before.

I honestly can't remember ever really liking Disney bacon, but on principle alone this still annoys me. Ohana breakfast is so expensive, and they can't fork over a little bacon?

Sorry for the upset, but thank you for the report. If it's a really good cured ham, I can actually see that being pretty delicious and I appreciate the uniqueness, but the bacon is going to be missed. Especially since it went so well with the biscuits and eggs!

Love your avatar! OMG Christian Bale singing Santa Fe!!!

Whaaaat? Well, this is officially off our list :headache::headache::headache: I'm not much of a breakfast eater but if I am going to wake up at the crack of dawn for some breakfast, there'd better be bacon.

Lame:furious:

Ham is about 1/2 the price of bacon to folks retail...so I imagine it's the same for Disney...People also eat way less ham than bacon, since it's not as liked...and ham is way easier to prep and less mess...that's a total breakfast cost savings cut on a breakfast they are probably clearing $10+/person in pure profit already...

As people mentioned, authenticity is spam...but that costs close to bacon/lb, so no way they were moving that way...

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mid-atl...ailfoodandenergyprices_usandmidwest_table.htm

What's weird to me is, at Garden Grill they used to have ham, sausage, and bacon. My son loved it because he likes all three. I'm more of a just bacon person. This last time we went, no ham, just sausage and bacon. He wasn't mad or anything but he definitely noticed because he liked the ham the most. I know people are all about blaming it for cost cutting measures but I can see it being more "on theme" to use ham. Especially with a pineapple compote. It's all moot to me as I'm more of a dinner at 'Ohana person, but I just wanted to give the all important contrary viewpoint everyone loves ;)

that's good to know, but who knows how long they will continue to do that and before committing 6 months in advance I'd rather know I can get it rather than hope I can get something off menu.

But the problem with this is that they can put bacon back on the menu but there is nothing to say they won't change it again. Unfortunately the menu can change at any time.

Thanks for the heads up- definitely canceling. I only ate Mickey waffles and bacon here. That was the last straw. We're staying at poly, but will hop the monorail to 1900. Much better selection for the same price.

Reservation at Ohana for breakfast on Tuesday, definitely canceling. DS14 does not eat ham but loves bacon.

Has anyone posted a pic of the new platter/skillet? I'm curious to see what the ham looks like before canceling.

I am looking forward to trying the ham w/pineapple! I am kind of a self-proclaimed bacon snob (desired level of crispness, thickness, etc.) and don't like Disney bacon at all. Not a Disney only issue - at most restaurants I find the bacon pretty gross. I'm probably the only one happy to see the change, and I'll make my bacon the way I like it at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter