'Ohana breakfast: bacon officially gone

How many times have you heard Homer Simpson say "hammmm"? Compare that to the number of times he said "baconnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn".

I kind of skimmed through this thread, but I saw something that said you can only meet Stitch at the check in area now?

I kind of skimmed through this thread, but I saw something that said you can only meet Stitch at the check in area now?
Yes, you meet him outside the restaurant-after checking in and prior to being seated.

I cancelled a couple of reservations for different trips when the change was first reported. I wrote to Guest services voicing my displeasure with the change and they assured me that the Bacon was definitely still on the menu. Within the week the menu was changed on the website to show no more bacon. The reservations I cancelled were snatched up by others quite promptly. While Stitch is my absolute favorite character there is no way I'm paying those inflated prices for a mediocre breakfast that doesn't include bacon. Glad I got one last visit in before the changes.

There were reports of this in an earlier thread that I can't find... but I just checked the menu... replaced by ham with a pineapple compote, so it looks like it is official.

I just emailed to express my displeasure and hoping others will do the same. Will not go back without bacon!

We had breakfast at Ohana on the 15 of august, no bacon, we had a sausage brought to us. We didn't ask for bacon since we didn't mind. I don't care for sausage but I have to say the sausage served was great. It didn't have the hard casing that most breakfast sausage has. We really enjoyed it, we gobbled it all up and were pleased. Now I will say, I LOVE bacon and it's not a cheap breakfast so for that price, it should have a few meats. But I love characters and so do my kids so I tend to overlook that stuff. ;0

We had breakfast at Ohana on the 15 of august, no bacon, we had a sausage brought to us. We didn't ask for bacon since we didn't mind. I don't care for sausage but I have to say the sausage served was great. It didn't have the hard casing that most breakfast sausage has. We really enjoyed it, we gobbled it all up and were pleased. Now I will say, I LOVE bacon and it's not a cheap breakfast so for that price, it should have a few meats. But I love characters and so do my kids so I tend to overlook that stuff. ;0

Thanks for the update. My son wanted to still book this and we can ask for bacon but he said he'd eat ham if there is no bacon so it's all good. but hoping they do bring back bacon! I am not a huge sausage person but got addicted to disney sausage as well when I was there, maybe it is the same kind!

Was there something very special about this bacon? I did a google image search and it looks like the same exact bacon they serve everywhere else...

Was there something very special about this bacon? I did a google image search and it looks like the same exact bacon they serve everywhere else...
Nothing Special, just bacon. But the point is a lot of us like bacon but don't like ham. Granted the point of going was for the character interaction but if they are serving food that one will not eat it's kind of hard to justify the cost of the meal especially when there aren't kids involved. I would love to do a meal other than breakfast at Garden Grill but I only eat Turkey grudgingly at Thanksgiving & I will not eat pot roast. No bacon @ 'Ohana means I won't be eating there anymore.

I'll be cancelling my Ohana breakfast reservation for 10/31, party of 6. That would make somebody happy. Not paying big bucks for no bacon.

We were just there on Sat 8/26 for breakfast. No bacon on the skillet but everyone other than my bacon loving 6 year old liked the ham. But when the skillet arrived, I smiled sweetly at our "cousin" and asked if we could possibly have a couple slices of bacon for him. She smiled back and said all you have to do is ask! She came back with an overflowing plate of bacon and refilled for us 2x!!!! The table next door asked how we got bacon and she overheard them and brought them a plate too!!! This was our 1st time eating breakfast here so I am glad we did not cancel. Now if I can just figure out how to make my scrambled eggs like theirs I will be a happy person.

Server wouldn't give us bacon a week ago. :/ Guess we aren't special. We didn't have pineapple compote with the ham and they changed from delicious large breakfast sausages to the same puny, fatty ones on the buffets (same as Akershus which used to have the same better sausage and now have the cheap ones.) All around a breakfast meat fail. I havent loved 'Ohana breakfast over the years but we were staying at the Poly so I gave it another try. Wont make that mistake again.

My whole family honestly found the food quality/taste to be sub-par at both Ohana breakfast and 1900 Park Fare Buffet last visit in December 2015. Only reason to go to either was the character interactions.

Staying at Poly next trip in April 2018, looking forward to more breakfasts at the Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe. My girls LOVE Stitch, though, so may have to do Ohana one more time.

We are still working to change this ADR. With 63 days to go and pretty solid plans there isn't much to switch into. I don't eat meat, but my family LOVED the sausage here. Not a lot of point traveling to the Poly and paying these prices for the reduction in food and character interaction. Just hoping it changes before we go. I will be writing a letter!

We were just there on Sat 8/26 for breakfast. No bacon on the skillet but everyone other than my bacon loving 6 year old liked the ham. But when the skillet arrived, I smiled sweetly at our "cousin" and asked if we could possibly have a couple slices of bacon for him. She smiled back and said all you have to do is ask! She came back with an overflowing plate of bacon and refilled for us 2x!!!! The table next door asked how we got bacon and she overheard them and brought them a plate too!!! This was our 1st time eating breakfast here so I am glad we did not cancel. Now if I can just figure out how to make my scrambled eggs like theirs I will be a happy person.
we are not going until february but hoping our experience is the same as yours... and not the poster below you. Kid wants to go to meet stitch and will suffer without bacon. We just watched lilo and stitch last night so obviously we have to go no matter what ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter