Outdated

I stayed at Hard Rock Hotel last summer and at the time I had never heard of Loews first is there anyway I can apply the nights of my stay last summer to my Lowes Card Membership?

Thanks

loews will only go back 24 months for past credits.

i had a problem about 3 years ago.
i was on gold for the longest time and should have been put up to platinum.

i called loews and inquired about it.
readers digest version:

a computer glitch wiped out my credits of staying at a loews hotel.
i was told they could only go back 24 months to correct the credit.

since they can go back 24 months to reinstate credit due to an error, i would think you might, saying that again, might, have a shot of getting last years dates credited to your membership.

call loews and give them your membership number and ask if they will give you the past credit.
tell them you were not aware of the loews first membership card at that time.
and tell them, you had such a lovely time last year, you decided to stay at a loews again this year.......

good luck.

let us know what they tell you.

i would hate to give out any wrong information.
i can only say what i experienced and was told.

if you find out no way will they give you the past credit, give me a heads up so i won't advise others to call and get their hopes up

loews will only go back 24 months for past credits.

i had a problem about 3 years ago.
i was on gold for the longest time and should have been put up to platinum.

i called loews and inquired about it.
readers digest version:

a computer glitch wiped out my credits of staying at a loews hotel.
i was told they could only go back 24 months to correct the credit.

since they can go back 24 months to reinstate credit due to an error, i would think you might, saying that again, might, have a shot of getting last years dates credited to your membership.

call loews and give them your membership number and ask if they will give you the past credit.
tell them you were not aware of the loews first membership card at that time.
and tell them, you had such a lovely time last year, you decided to stay at a loews again this year.......

good luck.

let us know what they tell you.

i would hate to give out any wrong information.
i can only say what i experienced and was told.

if you find out no way will they give you the past credit, give me a heads up so i won't advise others to call and get their hopes up

Thanks for the reply. I have just hunted out last years invoice and I booked the room through Uni-Vacations. Will a reservation booked through Uni-Vacations qualify?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I have just hunted out last years invoice and I booked the room through Uni-Vacations. Will a reservation booked through Uni-Vacations qualify?

Thanks

No...it most likely will not...but again, doesn't hurt to ask :teeth:

So if I booked an AllAccess club rate, am I ineligible to use my Lowes upgrade (and get my free gift)?

So if I booked an AllAccess club rate, am I ineligible to use my Lowes upgrade (and get my free gift)?

Did you ask if there was a Supersaver rate on the days you are going, they tend to be the cheapest rate and are available to everyone if there are any left for your time. If you get a Supersaver rate that will count towards your LF points. HTH:thumbsup2

Got a platinum upgrade following my stay in May. Does this run out. We probably wont be back this year, and maybe not next. Will it still be valid in 2 years time? We are in UK so there are no Loews hotels here.

Here is the scoop from Loews:
12. LoewsFirst Gold membership requires three (3) qualifying stays or six (6) cumulative nights (associated with a qualifying stay or stays), in a single Loews Hotel or any combination of Loews Hotels, in a calendar year. LoewsFirst Platinum membership requires ten (10) qualifying stays or fifteen (15) nights (associated with a qualifying stay) in a single Loews Hotel or any combination of Loews Hotels, in a calendar year. A calendar year is defined as January 1 through December 31. Retaining membership in LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum requires meeting the respective criteria for LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum each calendar year. LoewsFirst members who were LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum members prior to June 1, 2003 will retain that status through December 31, 2004, unless a higher status is achieved based on the above stated criteria during the calendar year 2003 or the calendar year 2004. LoewsFirst Blue members and new members will become LoewsFirst Gold or LoewsFirst Platinum members when they meet the above stated criteria. Once a Member attains a tier level, this level will remain in effect through the end of the subsequent calendar year. Post-enrollment stays recorded beginning January 1, 2004 are eligible toward tier-level qualification for the calendar year 2005. Thereafter, Members must requalify each year for the following year's membership.

13. In the event you do not remain an Active Member (as defined above) your membership may be cancelled at the sole discretion of Loews.

It really is the luck of the draw as to whether they will rescind your status or not as not all accounts seem to be reviewed every year. Some luck out and maintain their status without the necessary qualifying stays and some do not.

This may need to be updated with the new so-called You First (Leisure Traveler Last? Business First?) program. Please post your upgrades/loews status for reservations made AFTER 7/15/2008.

one tip to the Loews First members that were transferred to Loews YouFirst program.

don't edit your profile until the glitches get corrected in the Loews system.
give it another few weeks.

i corrected mine on Friday from being a 108 year old man to the correct info.
i went from platinum status to member in a poof.......

We're gold status after our trip last month and just received the gold card. However, the new program info has us as blue again. :(

We're gold status after our trip last month and just received the gold card. However, the new program info has us as blue again. :(

send loews youfirst an email to ask why.

many that were on the loews first program were transferred over with errors.
you have to bring it to their attention for them to correct it.

Hey quick question!

I signed up before initial switchover date of the Loews program! We booked two nights at the Royal Pacific!

There is a problem though :) We booked one night through American Express Rewards program and the second we DID book through LoewsFirst using a AAA rate!

Now since the first night wasn't bookd (and couldn't) be booked through LoewsFirst, will we not get any of the perks?

Any guidance on what to do would be great! Could be possibly link the two reservations so that ***maybe*** we get a view upgrade or even a gift when we get there?

:thumbsup2

Hey quick question!

I signed up before initial switchover date of the Loews program! We booked two nights at the Royal Pacific!

There is a problem though :) We booked one night through American Express Rewards program and the second we DID book through LoewsFirst using a AAA rate!

Now since the first night wasn't bookd (and couldn't) be booked through LoewsFirst, will we not get any of the perks?

Any guidance on what to do would be great! Could be possibly link the two reservations so that ***maybe*** we get a view upgrade or even a gift when we get there?

:thumbsup2

Any benefits would depend upon your status - whether Loews considers you blue or member.

Any benefits would depend upon your status - whether Loews considers you blue or member.

Hey,

It is listing us at 'Blue' still!!! I'm excited about the free internet, I always bring my laptop to Disney but never to use the internet due to the fact that I don't want to shell out $10 for under an hours use most likely.

Thanks
Mike

jodie,

great thread! i'd also suggest adding the following, which i've summarized (and confirmed that it works) from the "lowe's first" sticky:

"Sortcut to Platinum status" - Lowe's will likely match your elite level status from other major hotel chains. Fax a copy of your statement to 1-800-563-9714 and request a status match for your Lowe's First membership level.

I'm Diamond level with Hilton and I did the above today (I talked with a customer service rep who confirmed that Lowe's does honor the status match)...I'll apparently be upgraded to LF Platinum after they contact Hilton to confirm my Diamond status.:cool1:

Guess they don't do that anymore - just called and found this out.

Wanted to post this. No big deal really, but I'm SPG Gold and DH is Marriott Silver (soon to be gold).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter