• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parkhopper's Pin Party Countdown

Parkhopper

Disney Collector
Okay, the party in New Hampshire last weekend was a blast!!! Very little time for recovery before we kick off the first of my two Pin Parties in Rockville, Maryland! We will start the countdown today at 11 days until Parkhopper's Pin Party on June 10, 2001. If you are planning on attending the June 10th pin party it would be helpful for my planning if you would respond here and let me know. I will be busy preparing for the party every day between now and then. For now I am saying that the Pin Party will officially get started at 1:00 pm and will run as long as people want to stay and trade. We will be at the party location somewhat early, but I wouldn't expect to be there before 12:30pm. Announcements as to where and when official voucher distribution will take place as well as party details will be forthcoming as that information becomes available. I will be providing map and directional information soon. We are working hard to make this a very enjoyable and fun event and welcome everyone who wants to come!

Can we do vouchers by proxy? Wish I could be there especially after seeing the NH pictures!

Cyn

Where in Rockville will the meet be located? I live near by. I heard about the Rockville meet while at a meet at Dixie Landing early May, but didn't know the particulars.

Wow sounds like a blast in the making... I wish i was going:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oh yea I am going:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We are all coming:

Darlene
Suecot
Brenda
and son Chris (8 years old)

Looking forward to directions and voucher information.

Darlene

I am not sure if I will be able to make it. I am returning from PA that day so it depends when I get back, unpacked and how much time I'll have to put in at work.
By the way, where is the party?

Vince,

My whole crew plans to be there:
Me
DH - Malcolm
DS#1 - Nati
DS#2 - Josh
DD - Meri

I'm available to help with the preparations in any way I can.

Okay as promised I have more information about the location of the meet and directions. I have set up a page with some maps and some directions from a couple of the major Interstates around here. If you need further help please e-mail me and I will see what I can do.

Directions to Parkhopper's Pin Party

In response to your question Peggy Anne about how long it is from Philadelphia, I would imagine that depends a lot on where in Philadelphia, how much traffic, and the person doing the driving. An average estimate that I would give is probably 2 1/2 hours. Could be shorter or could be longer depending on circumstances.

More info as soon as it becomes available!

Thanks!!!

I actually looked to see how far it was to drive... not as bad as I thought....

But as a man once said: "I gotta work"

I will be thinking of you all!

Debbie

I just read the directions and the chances of me showing up just got better. If I have to stop by work that day I won't have to travel far - its right next door!

And my offer to help still holds! Just holler (or e-mail).

I can't wait!

My pins can't wait! (I haven't told the traders yet! I'm going to have to whisper this around them and keep the calendar out of sight until then; they might get spooked like the cat when she sees the carrier!)

I'm trying my best...Mom and I will probably be there :)

And we'll bring CHEESE SOUP!!

Good friends, pins and CHEESE SOUP!!! It can't get any better than this.... I can't wait. This is going to be FANTASTIC. It will be great to see all the faces that go with some of these names...:bounce: :D :bounce:

Countdown stands at 10 days now and it looks like we are starting to get a nice group here. I hope you and your mom can make it Sorcerer. I have never made the LeCellier Cheese soup and I don't even have the recipe. Nat keeps mentioning it and I was kind of wondering where I was going to fit that in with all my other preparation. Everyone that can make it here is welcome!

After the fine directions you posted, I decided to check and see exactly how far this pin event is from Arizona. According to our friends at MapQuest, I am exactly 2,263 miles from you and if I followed their directions and didn't run into any construction or traffic problems, it would only take me 39 hours and 34 minutes to get to the meet. I am just not sure I can swing that trip this week. Good luck with the meet. I am really going to miss the Cheese Soup and Voucher Party.

Geez, that makes 2 LE Pin Meet pins I will have missed out on in 2 weeks. My pin karma is not fairing to well. I may have to call the Witch Doctor to do the voodoo that he do before August or I am going to be the only person on the planet that misses out on rack pins. Have fun and of course we can't wait to see the pictures.

Jeff

As long as the TDS scheduling God's here my cry for deliverance I'll be ready to party.

Denise

Countdown moves to 9 days today and we are progressing nicely. Looks like our group is growing little by little. Denise may the TDS Scheduling Gods grant you the time off to attend the meet. Suzi knows all too well about TDS scheduling getting in the way of fun. Hope you have good luck this time.

For those who are wondering, there will be a pin swap grab bag at the meet. Participation is optional of course. If you wish to participate please bring a wrapped pin.

That's today's info, but I am thinking up something new at the moment that hasn't been done before at any of the pin meets that I have attended. Need to work out a couple of details....more later.

All that's left today is to say "Come on......Arizona Jeff wouldn't let a little thing like 2,263 miles stand between him and a cool pin trading party!!!!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter