• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parkhopper's Pin Party Countdown

I hope I can make it too :) !
{This is a tough time of the year to get away, with all of the school-year-ending activities, like Brownie parties & dance recitals & Talent Shows at school...}
Keep pinnin',
agnes!

:) :D :p :cool: :bounce: :jester: :smooth: :pinkbounc :earsgirl: :earsboy: :crazy: :sunny: :wave: :earseek:
PS - Just had to use *ALL* of those cute little smilies!

:) DH & I plan on being there. We need some help with pin trading before the big event in Aug. Peggy Anne

we are still trying to make it.. probably won't know until closer to the weekend. I have to work on Saturday so it would have to be a one day trip. That also depends on whether my back is better or not!

Jeff.. I think we are a little closer to you than Vince so you can come to our house on Saturday and ride in with us on Sunday.. it always helps to break up those long trips ;) :smooth:

Not sure if I can make it to the June meet yet but if I can't I'll DEFINITELY be at the July meet. :bounce:

Don't forget your promise, Vince. ;)

Well, I missed day 8 altogether. Not the best countdown, but we will move right along to day 7 counting down to the pin party in just one week from today! Everything is progressing nicely. Spent the day getting things ready at the meet location and ........now it is finished and ready for next week's meet. I put a lot of work into turning some office space that was being used for storage into a nice Disney meeting place, but it was really worth it. When I took a look around at the finished project, I had to admit that I really liked the way it turned out. It will be even better with a bunch of Disney Pin Traders next weekend.

Today's announcement for the meet concerns an optional activity which according to the event schedule will be held at 2:30 pm. The activity will be LE Pin Bingo. Anyone who wants to participate will be able to exchange one LE Disney pin for a bingo card. The game will be a coverall game which means that you have to be the first one to fill the entire bingo card to win. Winner gets all the LE pins (the house doesn't get any cut like in regular bingo). Again, this is a totally optional activity, but with a little luck you might really hit the jackpot!!!!

More to come later!!!

I can almost smell the cheese soup in Arizona. Oh wait, I left a cheese sandwich in my car. You know, when it is 107 degrees, it is like having a grilled cheese sandwich when you leave it on the dashboard. I do expect to see pictures from this pin meet including one of Nat scarfing soup. I am envisioning something similar to Cookie Monster attacking a cookie jar... Awe the power of imagination...

Jeff

Okay, the countdown is now at 6 days. Less than a week left before the event. I was snooping around trying to gather information for todays post and I ran across something interesting........

Event Voucher Preview

I will keep trying to gather more information and post more as we get closer to the meet.

Still haven't been able to determine when and where the line starts to form.....

Vince,

Since there's five of us right here in one house, we can always get the line started right now.:jester:

I can't promise the traditional discomforts of sitting on the ground, no bathrooms, and inclement weather . . . but I'm sure we can provide some playful bickering if anyone tries to cut in front of us . . .;)

Vouchers.... I'm flying 9,000 miles with out my Wife and I have to get a Voucher.... This is for the Soup right??? You need a Voucher for the Soup. I mean who in their right mind would stand in line for a Voucher for a pin!!! When there is a chance that there could be Cheese Soup....:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ohh and Jeff, Cookie Monster is just a novice buddy... Now where is that spoon I carved from the tree that lightning hit????:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nat....don't you mean the branch that hit you in the head??? That really explains a lot you know!!!:p :p :p :p :p

So.....what's the difference between the red and the blue voucher besides color? :smooth: :tongue: :crazy: :wave:

It was Lightning!!!! I saw the sparkles after it hit... Or was that stars???:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well, it looks as if I will be there. (hubby in tow this time!) Should be the three of us Vince (well--baby makes 4, but that doesn't count yet!)
I'm hoping that the swelling in my feet & ankles will have gone down by then. I've been ordered to bedrest right now. I'm waiting on the test results to see what is going on. YUCK! Should still make it though!
See y'all on Sunday.
Sue Ellen

Kathie, the red vouchers will be given out first and when we run out of the red vouchers we will be handing out blue vouchers. Kind of like in WDW when only the first so many get the first vouchers which are more limited and the people who waited just a little bit too long get the second vouchers and if we get a really big turn out.....we could run out of vouchers just like WDW.

Oh, but other than the fact that the red vouchers are going to be more limited than the blue vouchers, the red vouchers don't entitle someone to anything more than the blue vouchers because at my events no one gets the short end of the stick (even if I have to print more vouchers!) Hey, this is all about having fun isn't it?

Well I seem to be slowly recuperating so the odds of us making it Sunday are increasing! :smooth:

Umm.. Nat? 9000 miles? What, are you making a connection in Tokyo?? :p

Vince told me that was where the party was...:confused: You guys trying to keep all the soup???:smooth:

SORRY Tori is coming home and Renee has a ice skating exibitiion.

Cannot miss anything of Renee's or she will let me know about it.

Her favorite saying to me Well are you staing overnight???

Next one would be better but PLEASE CHEESE SOUP
John would not let me have a whole bowl of it.

We had to split it. Look at the picture Nat you can see it is a half a bowl

Take care of Sugar ann she is a good friend of mine.

Well after poutiong - and "POOR ME" for a whole week my family is throwing me out. They are throwing me on aplane to MD as a matter of fact!!

I am wicked psyched to be heading to teh Parkhoppers meet. Now in Boston you don't get happier than
"wicked psyched"

Vince the voucher system does that apply all the time or only on alternate Tuesdays when the moon is full and Gemini is the rising planet?!?!?!?

Well well, miss one coundown day and find yourself on the dreaded second page where you will head to oblivion. Okay, so I missed countdown day 5 and we are now coming to the close of countdown day 4. The reason I missed countdown day 5 is that I am still working toward the event this weekend. Only slightly smaller and certainly no less exciting than the event they are holding down in that Magic Kingdom place later in the week.

The meet list has been updated and we have 24 people who are definitely coming along with a few more possibles. I know there will be a lot of pins at this meet.

Announcement for today is that there will be a Charity Raffle at the event with all procedes going to the American Cancer Society. The raffle will be for a framed limited edition Mickey and Minnie pin which was for Mickey's 70th Anniversary. The pin is being donated by Darlene - Mickey7811 and she will be conducting the raffle. Information will be available at the event for those wanting to participate.

Event plans are coming along nicely. I will keep you updated and hopefully won't miss any more countdown days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter