• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Question about an offer
So I have a buy $100 Swiss Chalet/ Harvey's or Ultimate Dining card.
get 15,000 PC Points.
But it doesn't say where I have to buy this?

T&C
Offer terms: Must be a registered PC Optimum member. For every $100 spent on any combination of Ultimate Dining Cards, Harvey's gift cards, or Swiss Chalet gift cards before taxes in a single transaction at any participating store locations, you will earn the points indicated. Availability may vary by store and region. See gift card for details, terms & conditions. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. Not valid on prior purchases. PC Optimum points cannot be redeemed toward the purchase of gift cards. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rain checks. Offer may be changed or terminated at any time without notice. See cashier for details. No refunds on any gift card purchase. All trademarks property of their respective owners.

Would Shoppers Drug Mart work for this?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Question about an offer
So I have a buy $100 Swiss Chalet/ Harvey's or Ultimate Dining card.
get 15,000 PC Points.
But it doesn't say where I have to buy this?

Usually I have only seen gift card purchases for points at shopper's. They will be printed in their flyer. So I am assuming that it would work at Shopper's. I would ask the cashier before purchasing about it.
And YUM!!!!! I LOVE to go to Montana's!!!!!! I wish I got that offer. I would be all over that. It is our go to place to eat when we actually go out to eat

Usually I have only seen gift card purchases for points at shopper's. They will be printed in their flyer. So I am assuming that it would work at Shopper's. I would ask the cashier before purchasing about it.
And YUM!!!!! I LOVE to go to Montana's!!!!!! I wish I got that offer. I would be all over that. It is our go to place to eat when we actually go out to eat

Thanks Hon
I will see if my son will pick me one up this afternoon.
I'm a chicken Swiss Chalet girl,,, but my sons do love Montana's ,,,so it's a great one to buy and keep for the holidays.

Hugs to you
Mel

I just chatted with an online Customer Service rep and she confirmed what @Pumpkin1172. The gc must be purchased at Shoppers to qualify for the bonus points. (see Update below)

I asked her to provide feedback that this is very mis-leading in the app as it doesn't say which stores it can be used at. I would have gone to Superstore and been out of luck.

UPDATE @ 3:30 - Someone posted below they used this offer at Loblaws and WAS awarded the points. I guess PC Optimum staff can be as incorrect as CM phone line staff can be.

Last edited:
I just chatted with an online Customer Service rep and she confirmed what @Pumpkin1172. The gc must be purchased at Shoppers to qualify for the bonus points. I asked her to provide feedback that this is very mis-leading in the app as it doesn't say which stores it can be used at. I would have gone to Superstore and been out of luck.

Thanks for taking the time to check on this and yes it would help if they posted where to use the offer.
Hugs
Mel

I just chatted with an online Customer Service rep and she confirmed what @Pumpkin1172. The gc must be purchased at Shoppers to qualify for the bonus points. I asked her to provide feedback that this is very mis-leading in the app as it doesn't say which stores it can be used at. I would have gone to Superstore and been out of luck.

Reading thru the details, it says "single transaction at any participating store locations", so it should be good for stores other than Shoppers as well. Nowhere in the details does it say it has to be purchased at Shoppers.

I have had that offer several times and have always made the purchase at Loblaws. Also, I always purchase in $50 cards (2 x $50) as they are easier to use when there are just two of us.
Can't say this will work the same however it's what I have always done in the past and have never had an issue.

Reading thru the details, it says "single transaction at any participating store locations", so it should be good for stores other than Shoppers as well. Nowhere in the details does it say it has to be purchased at Shoppers.
It doesn't which is why I contacted PC Optimum directly. Since the points aren't awarded on the spot (it says they will be awarded by Oct 30, 2020) you will have no way to really know at the time if you're actually earning the bonus points or not. It's a lot of money to spend if there is no reward at the end.

If I were to be buying these GCs, personally I'd choose to purchase them at Shoppers. LOL - gift cards are one of the few full-priced items that aren't more expensive than other stores!

Reporting back--
Checked my gift card supply (I keep a good supply for personal use and gifts) and decided I could purchase a few of the dinning cards so just made a trip over to Loblaws. Bought 2 $50 GC's. 15000 points show on my receipt and I just checked my account and they are posted there as well.
The offer is gone from my offers page.

Loblaws
Mon • Oct 5 • $104.28
+15,000 points

POINTS EARNEDPOINTS
Points From Digital Offers
15,000 points For every $100 spent on The Ultimate Dining Card, Swiss Chalet or Harvey’s gift cards. Points will be awarded by October 30, 202015,000

Not sure why it says will be awarded by October 30 as they are clearly there now. This is what shows from my account.

Reporting back--
Checked my gift card supply (I keep a good supply for personal use and gifts) and decided I could purchase a few of the dinning cards so just made a trip over to Loblaws. Bought 2 $50 GC's. 15000 points show on my receipt and I just checked my account and they are posted there as well.

Loblaws
Mon • Oct 5 • $104.28
+15,000 points

POINTS EARNEDPOINTS
15,000 points For every $100 spent on The Ultimate Dining Card, Swiss Chalet or Harvey’s gift cards. Points will be awarded by October 30, 202015,000

Not sure why it says will be awarded by October 30 as they are clearly there now. This is what shows from my account.
Thanks for letting us know. I updated my post above based on your feedback. You experience makes much more sense since the ad does not specify where the gc must be purchased. Also glad to see your points were awarded immediately! 👍

Reporting back--

Loblaws
Mon • Oct 5 • $104.28
+15,000 points

POINTS EARNEDPOINTS

If you buy them at Shoppers, the points DO NOT show immediately, just so you know. That's where I purchased mine. The offer is still showing in my offer list even after purchasing a GC.

For me it's on my app but way down at the very bottom, not near any of my other offers. I probably would have missed it if it wasn't for the chatter here because it doesn't look like most other offers either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter