PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride! ~6/30: quick check in!

Tracy161

DIS Veteran
PeopleMover is My Kind of Thrill Ride
May 17-24, 2015
Pop Century

Hi everyone! :wave2:And welcome to my very first trip report! For all those who made it over from my PTR, welcome back – so happy to have you with me again! And – for any newbies – well, a big welcome to you also! I wanted to get this TR started before now, but better late than never, right? Also, I was scared that @Elevationist would start making threats if I didn’t get moving on this… love ya Billie! :hug:

This was a great trip. At the very top of my list of “reasons why it was amazing” would be all the Dis-meets I had, including a chance encounter! Everyone I met was just as awesome as I expected! :grouphug:

So here are the basics:

Who: Tracy

IMG_1551.JPG

I’m a 32 year old upstate New Yorker who lives far too far away from her favorite place… Disney World! (I imagine it’s the favorite place of many/most of you all as well… otherwise, why would you even be reading this?!) I’ve been to Disney World now 13 times I think (I tried to re-count during my trip for accuracy but...) and Disneyland once back in 2010. My favorite park has always been Magic Kingdom but during this trip it was definitely Epcot. My favorite princess is Belle and my favorite character is the Boss himself (Mickey, not Springsteen, although he’s at the top of my list of favorite musicians). My favorite rides include PeopleMover (please refer back to my title… this shouldn’t surprise you), Soarin’, Dinosaur, Big Thunder (my childhood favorite), and Haunted Mansion.

I work in a research library of a glass museum and love my job! I get to work with such cool things every single day. A few years ago we happened upon a letter written by Thomas Jefferson discussing glass windows – so cool!

In my non-Disney life, I love traveling to other places (I have a younger sister who lives in England so that's a popular travel destination for me as well). I also love reading, spending time on the lake with my family, running, yoga, pilates, a clean and tidy home, the Red Sox, and long walks on the beach. I am looking for a guy who - OOPS! Wrong site... moving on...

Where: Pop Century Resort [and Spa]

When: May 17-May 24, 2015

Why: um, why not?!

You may note from my title that thrill rides and I did not get along this trip, to my major disappointment. The following titles, however, would also have nicely summarized my trip:

“But first, let me take a selfie” [I decided, ultimately, that I just couldn’t be associated forever and eternity with that song…) But stay tuned, because selfies were a major part of this trip!
100_2783.JPG IMG_1446.JPG IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1752.JPG IMG_1963.JPG
“Wandering the world, one bathroom at a time!” [hey, a girl needs to stay hydrated and may also have had some motion sickness issues to deal with :faint:… more on that later!]

So… let’s finally get this party started! On with the show!

Day 0: May 16, 2015

Last night (of course), I could hardly sleep! I had to be up today pretty early to hit the road to my sister’s (clearly the one who doesn't live in England) by about 7:30am. This of course meant that I had to make sure I was packed up and ready to go by that time as well.

This is my “look at me! I’m going to Disney tomorrow and here’s all my great Mickey jewelry!” picture. You may not be able to see, but I’m sporting a Mickey ring, earrings, and necklace.

100_2765.JPG

I achieved this goal and started the 2 hour or so drive. I worked my travel dates around this day because it was a very important one: my nephew’s birthday! So my family all came up as well and we all partied pretty hard with cupcakes, lawn toys, and various other items essential to “party hard” with a 2 year old. I tried to get to bed early in order to be well rested but ended up holding my sleeping 2 month old niece until at least 11:30pm! Well worth it… :cutie:

Day 1: May 17, 2015, Part 1

My wonderful sister took me to the airport (about a 10 minute drive from her house) at about 6:15am. At check-in, the JetBlue rep asked “You heading to Orlando?” and, knowing I had an obnoxiously obvious Mickey and Minnie shirt on, replied “what ever gave that away?” ;) I easily got through both the check-in line and security without incident and had about 30 minutes until my flight boarded.

IMG_0974.JPG

*continued in next post*

Last edited:
FIRST!!!! :woohoo:

I'm on my way out the door for mani/pedis with Mama, but wanted you to know I'm here and will read/comment tonight! :hug:

*continued from previous post*

We arrived a little early to MCO and I was soon heading towards the Fake-o-Rail for my very first *ride* of the trip.

IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG

My bag was among the very first off the belt so I wasted no time skipping – I mean walking in an orderly fashion becoming of a woman of 32 years of age – and boarded the Magical Express a little after 11. We took off immediately – woohoo!

You'll note I didn't get a prime seat for capturing great photos of the gate... but it'll do...

IMG_0980.JPG
So excited!!!
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG
Ahhh… love seeing those road signs again…

I never really mind stopping at other resorts first for drop-offs because I love seeing all the different ones. Regardless, I wasn’t disappointed that Pop was only the second drop-off (Art of Animation being the first).
IMG_0988.JPG
*continued in next post*

Last edited:
*continued from previous post*

IMG_0989.JPG IMG_0990.JPG

And then, Pop! Ahhh... I'm home again! :cloud9:
IMG_0991.JPG

I made sure not to request any preferences for my room in hopes that they’d have a room ready for me upon check-in. I waited in a brief line even though I had done online check-in hoping a room would be available and… it was! :hyper: The CM at the check-in counter was super nice and got me all situated to head towards the 50s! I was so excited as I’d never hit up that area of the resort before – I’m always on the other side of the resort in the 90s buildings. Anyway, I was in my room by 12! Room number 1359 as you'll note...

100_2771.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

I paused there long enough to dump my suitcase (I carted it myself rather than using DME luggage service in hopes of having a room ready so I could shuffle some things before heading to a park), change, sunscreen up, take a few pictures, and head out.

100_2770.JPG

I was on a bus to Epcot by 12:30 and there was a song playing from the Grease soundtrack. Vacation has officially started! :cool1:

Up next: Flower and Garden fun!

FIRST!!!! :woohoo:

I'm on my way out the door for mani/pedis with Mama, but wanted you to know I'm here and will read/comment tonight! :hug:
Dang, Billie, you're good! I hadn't even posted the link yet. :thumbsup2 It's only fitting you should be the first... I referenced you at least 18 times! :rotfl2:

Hope you're enjoying our mani/pedi! Meanwhile, I went to a work dinner at a place called Hand and Foot this past week. Does that not scream "mani/pedi" and not "dinner"?! :rotfl:

So happy you're here :goodvibes:goodvibes

Joining in! Can't wait to read all about your solo trip! Sounds like it got off to a good start and the fake-o-rail didn't give you motion sickness. :laughing:

Joining in!

My favorite princess is Belle and my favorite character is the Boss himself (Mickey, not Springsteen, although he’s at the top of my list of favorite musicians)

:rotfl2: but in all seriousness both should be at the top of everyone's list!

My favorite rides include PeopleMover

I love this ride too! Highly underrated!

In my non-Disney life, I love traveling to other places (I have a younger sister who lives in England so that's a popular travel destination for me as well). I also love reading, spending time on the lake with my family, running, yoga, pilates, a clean and tidy home, the Red Sox, and long walks on the beach. I am looking for a guy who - OOPS! Wrong site... moving on...

Till you mentioned your baseball team I thought we were soul mates:eek:.....But I won't hold that against you

I was on a bus to Epcot by 12:30 and there was a song playing from the Grease soundtrack. Vacation has officially started! :cool1:

Well that's a pretty good start 1230 on travel day and in to Epcot! :thumbsup2

I really hope the motion sickness doesn't play that much into this trip :blush:

This was a great trip. At the very top of my list of “reasons why it was amazing” would be all the Dis-meets I had, including a chance encounter! Everyone I met was just as awesome as I expected! :grouphug:
This sounds wonderful!!! I'm so happy that you got to do Dis-meets, I think that would be one of my favorite parts as well!
Who: Tracy

img_1551-jpg.99862
Cute pic of you Tracy, and cute dress! Is that a different bag than the ones you were debating about taking? :magnify:
(I imagine it’s the favorite place of many/most of you all as well… otherwise, why would you even be reading this?!)
:tinker:
My favorite park has always been Magic Kingdom but during this trip it was definitely Epcot.
Cool, looking forward to hearing why this changed!
My favorite rides include PeopleMover (please refer back to my title… this shouldn’t surprise you), Soarin’, Dinosaur, Big Thunder (my childhood favorite), and Haunted Mansion.
*sniff* Found out they cannot slow PeopleMover down to enter and exit, so I'll be skipping it, but will enjoy reading about it and seeing it when you post! :D
I work in a research library of a glass museum and love my job!
That sounds like a terrific job! We stayed at Hotel Murano in Tacoma and every floor is dedicated to glassworks, glass history, and glass artists!
A few years ago we happened upon a letter written by Thomas Jefferson discussing glass windows – so cool!
That is pretty spiffy!
You may note from my title that thrill rides and I did not get along this trip, to my major disappointment.
aw rats, sorry dear :(
“But first, let me take a selfie” [I decided, ultimately, that I just couldn’t be associated forever and eternity with that song…) But stay tuned, because selfies were a major part of this trip!
Beautiful selfies! :D
“Wandering the world, one bathroom at a time!” [hey, a girl needs to stay hydrated and may also have had some motion sickness issues to deal with :faint:… more on that later!]
oh noooes! :eek:
my nephew’s birthday! So my family all came up as well and we all partied pretty hard with cupcakes, lawn toys, and various other items essential to “party hard” with a 2 year old. I tried to get to bed early in order to be well rested but ended up holding my sleeping 2 month old niece until at least 11:30pm! Well worth it… :cutie:
Does indeed sound like good family times!
My bag was among the very first off the belt so I wasted no time skipping – I mean walking in an orderly fashion becoming of a woman of 32 years of age – and boarded the Magical Express a little after 11. We took off immediately – woohoo!
:rotfl:We all get to be kids at Disney -and some of us other places as well :sad2: -skip away!!! :yay:
I waited in a brief line even though I had done online check-in hoping a room would be available and… it was! :hyper:
happy happy joy joy! :D
The CM at the check-in counter was super nice and got me all situated to head towards the 50s!
That sounds like a fun section to be in!
A glowingly gorgeous picture and you are just radiating happiness!!!:goodvibes

I paused there long enough to dump my suitcase (I carted it myself rather than using DME luggage service in hopes of having a room ready so I could shuffle some things before heading to a park), change, sunscreen up, take a few pictures, and head out.
[/QUOTE]

Glad you clarified, I was wondering why you didn't trust ME with your bags, all makes sense, woman with a plan.

was on a bus to Epcot by 12:30 and there was a song playing from the Grease soundtrack. Vacation has officially started! :cool1:

This is incredible timing!!! I hope we get this lucky in August.

Also, I have no idea how to multi-quote

I'm here, Tracy. You're off to a great start (although I don't like the reasons for your title). I'm glad you arranged the trip to be at your nephew's birthday party and how sweet of your sister to drive you to the aiport.

You did great on time.

Great selfies!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

Hi Tracy! :wave2:

And welcome to my very first trip report!

Woot!!!!

but better late than never, right?

No.
Earlier would be better.
But since that didn't happen, this will do just nicely, thankyouverymuch.

Also, I was scared that @Elevationist would start making threats if I didn’t get moving on this…

It was starting to get a little tense there for a while.

At the very top of my list of “reasons why it was amazing” would be all the Dis-meets I had,

Awesome! DISmeets are great! :)

I’m a 32 year old upstate New Yorker

Aaaaannnnd there we have our first typo of the TR!
You typed 22 wrong.

I’ve been to Disney World now 13 times I think (I tried to re-count during my trip for accuracy but...)

...but you ran out of fingers. I get it. I have the same problem.

I work in a research library of a glass museum and love my job!

:worship: NO WAY!!!

I love glass sculptures! It's the only thing I brought back from Hawaii and would have been the only thing I brought back from Europe.
(Except I got hurt and couldn't make it over to Murano, so...)

A few years ago we happened upon a letter written by Thomas Jefferson discussing glass windows – so cool!

That is cool!

I am looking for a guy who - OOPS! Wrong site... moving on...

Bad news. The man of your dreams is already married.
But if Ruby ever kicks me out, I'll let you know.

But stay tuned, because selfies were a major part of this trip!

The day I don't want to look at pictures of a beautiful woman.... just shoot me.

[hey, a girl needs to stay hydrated and may also have had some motion sickness issues to deal with :faint:… more on that later!]

Oh dear. :sad2:

You may not be able to see, but I’m sporting a Mickey ring, earrings, and necklace.

All decked out and somewhere to go!

So my family all came up as well and we all partied pretty hard with cupcakes, lawn toys, and various other items essential to “party hard” with a 2 year old.

:laughing:

What?!?!?
@Elevationist, after all that, you're now going to wait?!?!?!?!?

:lmao:

I was soon heading towards the Fake-o-Rail

Oooh... never heard it called that before. I like it.

My bag was among the very first off the belt so I wasted no time skipping – I mean walking

No. You mean skipping.

You'll note I didn't get a prime seat for capturing great photos of the gate... but it'll do...

Who cares! You're on ME... and heading in the right direction!!!

So excited!!!
img_0981-jpg.99883

Really? Doesn't show.

:laughing:

Anyway, I was in my room by 12!

Nice!

Room number 1359 as you'll note...

I peeked at a resort map. Close to Classic Hall! Nice!

Up next: Flower and Garden fun!

And you're off to a great start!
Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

I had a few minutes to pop on the DIS while Izzy's napping, so I'm here! :goodvibes Can't wait to read all about your trip!

It was awesome having a couple DIS-meets with you - but I hope that you didn't get too sick that first night. :sick:

Our trip was full of selfies as well.

I have a feeling reading your TR is going to make me want to take a solo trip. But that AP is only good for another week or two. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

ETA: Your title is reminding me of a video from our trip - Izzy is riding along on the Safari and suddenly throws her hands in the air and screams. :rotfl2: I asked her if it was a thrill ride and she said yes. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
...I've never been on the PeopleMover. I promise I will remedy that. Hoping for lots of other good ideas for my own solo trip next year!!

Joining in! Can't wait to read all about your solo trip! Sounds like it got off to a good start and the fake-o-rail didn't give you motion sickness. :laughing:
Yay!!! Happy to have you here!

:laughing: Nope, thankfully the Fake-o-Rail didn't give me motion sickness :thumbsup2

Joining in!
Yay!!! Happy to have you here, Lauren! :goodvibes

:rotfl2: but in all seriousness both should be at the top of everyone's list!
I couldn't agree more! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I love this ride too! Highly underrated!
Soooo underrated! :sad2:

Till you mentioned your baseball team I thought we were soul mates:eek:.....But I won't hold that against you
:rotfl2: Oh, thank goodness! You must be a - gasp! - Yankees fan? :laughing: I at least know I have @Nermel9 with me on this one, right Jen? ;) Alright, Lauren, I promise not to hold that against you either.

Well that's a pretty good start 1230 on travel day and in to Epcot! :thumbsup2
Indeed!!! ::yes::

I really hope the motion sickness doesn't play that much into this trip :blush:
Well, spoiler alert: it did. :laughing: BUT I made the absolute most of my time there anyway. And... just took it easy on the thrill rides.

This sounds wonderful!!! I'm so happy that you got to do Dis-meets, I think that would be one of my favorite parts as well!
It really was so incredible! It feels like I've known some of these people for years... well, in fact I have! :laughing: But it was just so special to actually meet up. :goodvibes

Cute pic of you Tracy, and cute dress! Is that a different bag than the ones you were debating about taking? :magnify:
Awww, thank you!!! :goodvibes I got the dress on my last Disney trip (Septebmer 2013). My aren't you observant! This pink bag was my "really big but really convenient, if hard to stay organized, tried-and-true park bag" that I was hoping to avoid using... but by Day 2 it came out and stayed out. :rotfl2:

Cool, looking forward to hearing why this changed!
I'll give you a hint: mostly crowds!

*sniff* Found out they cannot slow PeopleMover down to enter and exit, so I'll be skipping it, but will enjoy reading about it and seeing it when you post! :D
Ugh. I do NOT like that news at all. I wish they'd find a way to remedy that. :sad2: It'll make it into this TR plenty though, so stay tuned!

That sounds like a terrific job! We stayed at Hotel Murano in Tacoma and every floor is dedicated to glassworks, glass history, and glass artists!
Oh, cool! :thumbsup2 Tacoma is one of the country's biggest glass "meccas" :laughing:

aw rats, sorry dear :(
Thank you!

Beautiful selfies! :D
Awww, well aren't you just my new best friend?! :hug:

Does indeed sound like good family times!
It really was. My nephew is my little buddy :goodvibes

:rotfl:We all get to be kids at Disney -and some of us other places as well :sad2: -skip away!!! :yay:
You're right! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a fun section to be in!
It was awesome!!!

A glowingly gorgeous picture and you are just radiating happiness!!!:goodvibes
Awww, thanks Rebecca! :goodvibes My happiness does show through on that picture, doesn't it! :laughing:

Glad you clarified, I was wondering why you didn't trust ME with your bags, all makes sense, woman with a plan.

I am nothing if not a "woman with a plan" :rotfl:

This is incredible timing!!! I hope we get this lucky in August.
I hope you do, too!

Also, I have no idea how to multi-quote
Multi-quoting is all about deleting... and trust me, we all started off not knowing what the heck to do! First, click "Multi-quote" at the end of a post, then insert quotes (you probably did both of these though already). And then weed out what you don't want. The trick is to continue to insert whatever is at the very beginning of a quote (for instance this:
and to be sure it appears before each and every sentence/group of sentences you want to quote. Then at the end of that, either copy and paste from the very end of the whole original quote the "
" or just write it out (which is what I do)- that way, it'll "encase" each quote/group of sentences and you just write below it. I'm not the best explainer so let me kow if I can clarify. ::yes::

I'm here, Tracy. You're off to a great start (although I don't like the reasons for your title). I'm glad you arranged the trip to be at your nephew's birthday party and how sweet of your sister to drive you to the aiport.
Welcome, Kat!!! :goodvibes Yeah... it was a bit of a struggle with that but... I rallied quickly :laughing: My family is just the best :goodvibes So I couldn't not be at that birthday party :thumbsup2

You did great on time.
I sure did! :thumbsup2

Great selfies!
Awww, thanks! :hug:

Hi Tracy! :wave2:
:goodvibes Every. Time.

No.
Earlier would be better.
But since that didn't happen, this will do just nicely, thankyouverymuch.
:rotfl2: :rotfl::laughing:

It was starting to get a little tense there for a while.
It really was! I thought at one point @Elevationist was going to show up at my apartment and stand over my shoulder until it was done! Although... come to think of it... that doesn't sound bad! Billie, you're welcome any time! :thumbsup2

Awesome! DISmeets are great! :)
They are the BEST!!!

Aaaaannnnd there we have our first typo of the TR!
You typed 22 wrong.
Nothin' slips past you, does it?! :thumbsup2

...but you ran out of fingers. I get it. I have the same problem.
So annoying, right?!

I love glass sculptures! It's the only thing I brought back from Hawaii and would have been the only thing I brought back from Europe.
(Except I got hurt and couldn't make it over to Murano, so...)
Ya know... you just get better and better...

Bad news. The man of your dreams is already married.
But if Ruby ever kicks me out, I'll let you know.
Ugh, you're tellin' me! I know this already... :sad2:

The day I don't want to look at pictures of a beautiful woman.... just shoot me.
Awww. I kinda love you, Ponzi. :hug:

All decked out and somewhere to go!
:rotfl:

What?!?!?
@Elevationist, after all that, you're now going to wait?!?!?!?!?
Oh, the irony!

Oooh... never heard it called that before. I like it.
:thumbsup2

No. You mean skipping.
Yes. I meant skipping.

Who cares! You're on ME... and heading in the right direction!!!
Precisely.

Really? Doesn't show.
Didn't think so.

I peeked at a resort map. Close to Classic Hall! Nice!
It was the best location I've had yet! :thumbsup2

I had a few minutes to pop on the DIS while Izzy's napping, so I'm here! :goodvibes Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Yay!!! So happy to have you here!

It was awesome having a couple DIS-meets with you - but I hope that you didn't get too sick that first night. :sick:
That night wasn't even close to being the worst of the trip nausea-wise :faint:

Our trip was full of selfies as well.
:thumbsup2

I have a feeling reading your TR is going to make me want to take a solo trip. But that AP is only good for another week or two. :rotfl:
Guess you better get moving! :rotfl:

ETA: Your title is reminding me of a video from our trip - Izzy is riding along on the Safari and suddenly throws her hands in the air and screams. :rotfl2: I asked her if it was a thrill ride and she said yes. :thumbsup2
Awwwww :lovestruc So cute!!!

Joining in. I love solo trips. Can't wait to read about yours!
Yay!!! So happy to have you here! Solo trips are awesome! :thumbsup2

...I've never been on the PeopleMover. I promise I will remedy that. Hoping for lots of other good ideas for my own solo trip next year!!
Yes, please, please remedy that, will ya? :laughing: It's just the best! I'll do my best to help inspire ideas for your trip! :goodvibes Happy to have you here!

I'm here I'm here! And the title is awesome!! For what it's worth, the Peoplemover does have some fast turns...it is thrilling in it's own right! :bored:

I'm loving the TR!! I too wear all my Disney jewelry...I can't wait to read more!! I will start my TR for the land portion of our trip...soon!!

Joining the party! party: Oh man! I was really hoping all your anti nausea tricks would well, do the trick. :sick:
But first things first, you have a beautiful smile! Great selfie shots!
Awesome that you had no flight delays and got right on the ME and were whisked away to Pop, smart move taking your own luggage, that means faster turn around to park time!
Looking forward to hearing how Epcot became your fav. For this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter