Philly area picnic-July 27-need roll call

Barb

A DIS Original!
Now that I'm home from Patrick's picnic, I need to start getting things rolling for my picnic. I need to know who's coming and how many. So let's start planning. :D
What I was thinking is that if the locals could volunteer to bring something (& lawn chairs), that would really help. We'll be having hot dogs and hamburgers, typical picnic food. Sorry, Barry, no pig roast. ;) I could use some salads and desserts.
Also, for those of you coming in from out of town and will be here Friday night, would you prefer pizza and wings here at my house or dinner at a local restaurant? (the food is good and reasonably priced) Thanks!!
Who's coming:
Barry Hom
Towncrier (John) and DD, Sarah
Nancy & 3 DD's, Amanda, Catie & Melissa
Dayna (maybe DH)
Mskanga (Olga) & 2 DD's
FergieTCat (Donna)
CookieGVB (Gail)
debster812 (Debbie) maybe
Glo & Phil & 3 DD's
Lesley, Dave, DS Logan & DD Ayden
Snoopy (maybe 2 DS's)
CindyB (DH Jeff & DS, DD)
*********** (Laura, Gene & Rachel)
the Zurg's (Mr. & Mrs. & 4 kids)
Nikole
distefan2 (Dee & Chuck)
iluvdisney (Mary) maybe

DD Sarah and I will be there, arriving Friday evening. No plans for Friday. Going to downtown Philly Saturday morning (or maybe Valley Forge Park). Picnic Saturday afternoon. Breakfast Sunday morning. Then off to Dorney Park for a little while on Sunday before driving back home to Ohio.

We'll be arriving sometime on Thursday. We'll be leaving NYC sometime that morning. I'll make a salad for you, my kids love my potatoe salad, so I'll need to go to a store when we get there. Anything on Friday is fine with me...I'm not fussy...only Amanda is.

If it were up to me I wouldn't let Barry bring anything.;) Have fun everyone!

Barb I will be going too with my two DD's , I will bring some desserts and also I will bring every foldable chair I own ( I think ot's 4 of them ) and if I think of something else I will bring it along too, ROFL. I will call you sometime next week when dh goes back to work, man do I hate having everyone on vacation at home!! arghhhhhhh

FergieTCat (Donna) and I (Gail) will be there Saturday - we have a date with Barry Friday night, though. ;)

Barb,

I posted on your other thread as well. I have some travelling to do to our regional office in King of Prussia. If I can get work to see the light, and send me around this weekend, I may tack the weekend on either before work stuff, or after.

So I guess I am a definite maybe. :rolleyes:

Debbie

Originally posted by CookieGVB
FergieTCat (Donna) and I (Gail) will be there Saturday - we have a date with Barry Friday night, though. ;)

You mean Barry of perfectmatch300? No one told me about a date! :)

LOL Nope, still wrong Barry!! They're going to see Barry Manilow. :D

Barb --

A perfect weekend -- a DIS meet and a Barry Manilow concert!

:)

It looks like me and my brood will be there... So two adults(Phil and I) and three DD's. :)

::hijacking::

Time in New England
Took me away
To long rocky beaches
And you by the bay
We started a story
Whose end must now wait.....

And tell me
When will our eyes meet?
When can I touch you?
When will this strong yearning end?
And when will I hold you again?

::sniffle:: :rolleyes:

Barry puts on a great show. I saw him a couple of weeks ago for probably the 20th time.

::end of hijacking:: ;)

Hi Barb! We'll be there....the 4 of us, me, Dave, Logan and Ayden. I only have a couple of chairs but I'll bring them...perhaps I'll be able to borrow a few from my mom. How about I bring some veggies and dip and a dessert? I'm not one for making salads...I usually buy them!

Adding more names to the list. Thanks for all the offers. :D
Lesley, that sounds fine-veggies, dip and dessert. Thanks! I have seating for about 20 here already, so a couple of chairs will be fine.
Everyone just pray for a nice day. I think I mentioned that we do have a pool, not a big one, but big enough that you can swim in shifts. ;) (above ground)
I'm planning on putting up the volley ball net, too. Now I just need to find the ball! :D We're cleaning the garage this weekend, so it will hopefully turn up then! :) ;)

Originally posted by Barb

I'm planning on putting up the volley ball net, too. Now I just need to find the ball! :D We're cleaning the garage this weekend, so it will hopefully turn up then! :) ;)

Can we paint a face on the ball and call him Wilson? :)

Just wanted to chime in and say that I LOVE Barry Manilow.....and I LOVE Castaway ;) and I HATE that I won't be there :rolleyes:......but Dayna will! :bounce: She just doesn't have time to post it. She's a busy girl. :D

Barb!!! I will bring a dessert...Might not be home made as I can not cook to save my life, but it will be yummy...ok?? I will bring chairs too as we are driving!!

How about soda?? You ok with it, or do you want me to bring some too?

Barb, I'm looking forward to being there! I'll be driving up that morning, most likely my kids will not be attending, but that could change. If so, they eat like little birds and they are happy as little clams with just about anything, so could you put me down for 1, possibly 3?

I have folding chairs that I can bring, and I'll also bring whatever else you need that doesn't need refrigeration. How about a few bottles of sodas? Or paper goods?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter