Plaza Gardens Restaurant - reviews

I was there at the end of Feb this year, and we had lunch at the Plaza Gardens. I would thoroughly recommend it - there were 3 different areas of the buffet, each with the same foods, so no queuing at all. Loads of hot choices, pasta, stews, chicken, plus veggies. The salads, breads, starters and desserts, inlcuding fresh fruit salads, yogurts, gooey cakes etc were all in abundance, and the best thing about the whole place was it was a bit of peace and quiet in the madness and melee that is DLP!

Well worth the money. They do buffet dinner, but they close one hour before the official park closing times.

Elaine

There are two parties a day ( not mon/tues I think though) . My tip is to go for the early one (3pm I think)and then nip out and stand at the corner of the arcade in time for the parade.

does this mean there's only one party on Mon/Tues or NONE?:eek: I was hoping to go for my 40th but it's on a Monday.

we just come back and i had a character tea party but the que was long but well worth it espcially if you make it obvious its your birthday get lots of character attention at your table

does this mean there's only one party on Mon/Tues or NONE?:eek: I was hoping to go for my 40th but it's on a Monday.

We went on a Tuesday so there is definitely one sitting. I wasnt aware it was different on those days. Maybe its just in low season

Has anyone done the Character Tea party lately, the last time we did it was in 2004, at that time it was just sweets, cakes and pastries, which seemed to change not long after, just wondering if there is still a savoury selection at the Tea Party ?

Has anyone done the Character Tea party lately, the last time we did it was in 2004, at that time it was just sweets, cakes and pastries, which seemed to change not long after, just wondering if there is still a savoury selection at the Tea Party ?

yes, there's a small selection of savoury items, the hash browns were delicious! There was definately sausage but I can't remember what else I'm afraid.

We did it in July and there were sausages (which DD thought were delicious and is asking to go back to the tea party again just for the sausages), hash browns, omlettes, pizza, cheese as well as good selection of cakes, croissants, fruit salad, yoghurts etc.

We thought it was excellent value for money with good character interaction and would definitely recommend it

am i getting confused, but i thought the afternoon tea was a meet and great with princesses, not general disney characters, and its one sitting at 5pm, straight after the parade?

have i been misled, or has my brain got Disney overload?

Flea

The princess meal is at Auberge de Cendrillon restaurant in Fantasyland. Its on from around noon until late afternoon. This is a table-service 3-course meal, and visits to your table from various princesses and their princes.

The character tea party (no princesses) is at the Plaza Gardens restaurant at the top of Main Street. Its usually at 3.30pm each afternoon, and lasts for an hour or so (when the main parade is at 4pm.) This is a buffet tea, and visits to your table from lots of different characters.

Elaine

No its not with the Princesses but with general characters. There were about 9 when we went who came round each table individually.

There are often 2 sittings - 4.00 and 5.00 ish

If anyone is going I would recommend you book and pay for it before going. People who had done this showed their confirmation at the entrance and were shown straight to the table.

We hadnt so were taken to a till first to pay, as we had APs and asked for discount they then had to find a supervisor to sort this. Only then were we shown to our table by which time the characters had started coming round.

Rather than risk DD missing any characters she stayed at the table with DH and camera while I went to collect food and drinks (several trips)

Just to add to Small Worlds post above, you can pop into the restaurant earlier in the day to pay, and then you just show up for the tea party, show your receipt, and you should be seated with little delay.

Thats what we did.

Elaine

there was a good variety of different characters when we were there (no princess' tho') but I can only think of King John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Gepetto, Pluto, Eeyore, Tigger.

Excellent, thanks everyone I knew you'd have the answers for me, With a savoury selection too, it certainly does sound very good value for money and thanks for the tip about prebooking/prepaying. :thumbsup2

DO you still get a goodie bag if u have your birthday dinner here?? Iam tempted to go here the day before my birthday then have my dinner in cafe mickey on my birthday.

DO you still get a goodie bag if u have your birthday dinner here?? Iam tempted to go here the day before my birthday then have my dinner in cafe mickey on my birthday.

I do hope so as even at approaching 60 I'd still like a goody bag :rotfl:

Does anyone have any photographs of the birthday cake as it sounds scrumptious?

I got a card, a Mickey that sang Happy Birthday (in a weird voice!) and a cake, for my 40th B'day in October! We brought the cake home with us - it was quite nice and 'chocolatey'.

can anyone please tell me the cost of the character meal for a birthday tea here and do you just pay the extra cost for the birthday child or does the whole party pay the same? thanks

has anyone been here for the evening buffet (starts at 6pm) - it does not includ any characters but seems to be a good value buffet at 20e and 10e .... anyone been ?

I have ~ see post #10 :) and also look at post #21 as there is a description of the food there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter