POLL: Will you buy Poly DVC?

Will you purchase Poly DVC?

• Yes! I'm jonesing for some Poly points

• Maybe. My spouse wants me to buy, though.

• Meh. If I'm bequeathed money by an unknown relative, maybe.

• Not likely. I wouldn't turn down a gift of Poly points, though.

• No! I couldn't drink enough Lapu Lapus to make me buy

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, as I've stated before, I'm a definite No.

If we want a king-sized bed, a full kitchen, a washer-dryer and a whirlpool tub, we'll need to book an expensive bungalow. Why would I do that when I can book a 1-BR at VGF or BLT for less?

A Bungalow includes a full kitchen with modern appliances and volcanic rock-inspired countertops, a washer and dryer, and two bathrooms. The master bathroom includes an in-mirror TV, a whirlpool tub, and a walk-in shower with rain showerhead.

We won't be happy with the Queen-sized bed, kitchenette, etc. in a Studio.

The Deluxe Studio features one queen-size bed, one queen-size sleeper sofa, and one pull-down bunk-size bed, as well as extra storage space for all your vacation needs.Your room includes a kitchenette and a split bathroom, with a full-size tub on one side and a walk-in shower with rain showerhead on the other.

http://i235.*************************************PVB__DVC.png

No desire to buy there as the costs will be too high and it should be fairly easy to use my SSR points to book a studio there at the 7 month mark if I can't get into BLT or VGF.

This....DVC has priced me out of ever buying direct.

Keep in mind that those who stopped by are just a fraction of those who are looking at Poly points. Certainly, there will be plenty who want to and will buy there. What I'm generally seeing in terms of those who have opted to provide a comment is one of three camps: a) those for whom the price points have gotten so high in DVC that they no longer feel the new resorts are worth the expenditure; b) those who prefer 1BRs when they visit; and c) those who believe that with so many Poly studios, getting the occasional night(s) there won't be an issue at seven months, thus not being a need to purchase more points. All that aside, I am a bit surprised with the percentages thus far. I felt as though the "will" and "won't" camps would be roughly equal.

Me too.

Maybe this poll reflects people that know how crazy the price of DVC has become.

Sales can target people new to DVC that can be convinced $160 per point is reasonable.

Maybe this poll reflects people that know how crazy the price of DVC has become.

Sales can target people new to DVC that can be convinced $160 per point is reasonable.

OMG CMOORE, we're having a alternate reality moment. I just posted the same thing on another thread.

I really don't think Disney is marketing this to us old dvc'ers. I think the are going for the newbies who have been toying with dvc and love the poly.

Even at that point price I would have to want to stay at the Poly each and every visit and we don't do that, we enjoy changing our resort

No for us. We like one and two bedrooms. Occasionally we will stay in a studio, but then regret it. Ill take my chances at the 7 month to try it once,

If they had offered a king bed in the studio or a one-bedroom option, we would have thought about it. Honestly we don't spend enough time in the room for it to matter that much, but dh and I have to have a king and we like the spaciousness of the non-hotel type resorts (SSR and OKW).

With already having a larger than normal room size to work with because it was a refurb I think they could have at least covered some of the buyers who want the 1 bedroom amenities. I had hoped it would mean King beds and stack washer/dryers in the studios. A missed opportunity imo to really differentiate them. The bathrooms are nice but I'd easily take what I listed and skip the second shower. They probably could have done a more substantial kitchen also with small oven and 3/4 size fridge/freezer and maybe dishwasher by skipping the second part of the bathroom.

Nope. I'm satisfied with my long paid off $65 per point BWV points. I always dreamed of a GF DVC but not at these prices. I'll roll the dice at 7 months, I'm 1 for 1 at VGF.

My exact thoughts. We bought at same $65 pp at BWV 15 years ago. Added on a few times both BWV and at AKV. Never paid more than $84 pp and don't plan to. Just got into VGF for an April trip at first try. Poly is nice, but not nice enough to justify cost per night in a bungalow. Perhaps we'll go for amstudio once just to check it out, but certainly not jonesing to do so....

I am in the $65 club as well. I had to think about it at that price. At $160 they made up my mind for me. I also dreamt of a GF DVC, but had to pass at the price. We like 1 and 2 bedrooms so I think we will have luck at GFV's at 7 months.

This rehab is the end of an iconic era for me!!! :eek:

After 43 yrs. of visiting WDW (every year) and always staying @ the Poly (now Hawaii longhouse)...even after I bought DVC, I'd spend a few days just for the memories...
It was wonderful waking up early in the AM...pull back the drape...open the slider and seeing the castle and hearing music coming from the MK as room service delivered my coffee. :cloud9::cloud9:

...the "DESTRUCTION" of the instantly magnificent tropical feel of the Ceremonial House Lobby...or should I say "Honey I shrunk the waterfall feature"... (replaced by SEATING/CHAIRS??? WHAT??)....:sick:
.... those "Bungalo's" that detract from the Hawaii (consierge) Longhouse views @ $550+/nightly :eek:
....the new non-Poly/island feel room decor..... :eek:

Buy Poly??? H_ _ _ NO !!
At least the GF was done right...and MAGNIFICENTLY!! Stayed there in Oct and it was GORGEOUS and still had the Victorian feel!!!!
Kudo's to those imagineers...who were certainly NOT the same ones that did the Poor Poly!! :thumbsup2

Six years ago, we would've had think long and hard about purchasing PVB DVC. It was my wife's dream resort. But once my Lovely Bride stayed at BLT, she has demanded BLT TPV view every trip. She LOVES the location and (gasp!) the decor. Now that Poly DVC is finally here, she doesn't even care! :confused3

Six years ago, we would've had think long and hard about purchasing PVB DVC. It was my wife's dream resort. But once my Lovely Bride stayed at BLT, she has demanded BLT TPV view every trip. She LOVES the location and (gasp!) the decor. Now that Poly DVC is finally here, she doesn't even care! :confused3
BLT TPV aka Parking Lot View -- to each their own ;)

BLT TPV aka Parking Lot View -- to each their own ;)
As has often been stated on the DIS, part of what makes DVC unique is there are plenty of resort options, each with its own highlights which to others may be "lowlights." The TPV view at BLT can be wonderful given one's ability to focus on the fact MK sits before them. Some love the standard view at VGF due to the monorail, but it's not a view for which I particularly long. Back to the Poly, it's not appealing to my tastes, but I'm certain there are many for whom the styling, decor, and location will be a huge draw. Indeed, to each his/her own.

My thanks to DVC Mike for the following link. It's a 4+ minute video tour of the new Poly model at SSR. It's available on another thread, but given the traffic on this one, I thought I'd make it available here. Again, many thanks to Mike for posting this originally. :thumbsup2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoAtl22KCg#t=253

I voted no, I would not buy!

To me the Epcot resorts are my favorite. The Poly is a nice looking resort but nothing like walking to Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival.

Seeing all those flowers first thing on a Spring morning.... nothing better!

At first I thought "not a chance" because the bungalows just simply don't wow me like I thought they would. As it turns out, they really don't work for our family of 7 or 8.

But then I decided the connecting studios work perfectly for us. So now I'm a "maybe" except that I just did an add on at AKV.

I voted not likely. Honestly it is a no but I would always take free points! :wave2:

We prefer a 1 or 2 bedroom, Dh and I do not like to share a room with the teens. So studios are a no go. That is the reason we bought DVC for more room, a kitchen and a w/d. The bungalows are out of my point reach. And I don't want to sleep over a swamp at all. Poly is not for us I guess.

Wife wanted to buy. I could have gone either way. Seeing the point cost and the lack of one bedrooms, she said no. Looks like the plan of buying another resale or 200ish points at AKV in on the table again.

Even though I am FIRMLY in the "Oh my gosh it is way too expensive and all there are is studios" camp of NON-buyers, I could not be more excited about it being built. I am pretty much drooling over every new photo Tikiman posts and I can not WAIT to stay someday... I will be up early on the first day non-owners can book, trying to at least be first on the waitlist. Even when we do not want to buy at a new resort, it's so exciting when they open a new one and we get to check it out.

I will NEVER forget the excitement of checking into BCV on opening day. We bought in a few months before it opened and I was able to book for the July 4th holiday, I think we checked in on the 2nd. It was so PRISTINE! I kept saying to my husband "OOOH look -- we get to take the cover off the toaster! We are the first to use this sink, we are first to xyz..." It was a wonderful thrill. I can not wait to stay at Poly DVC, even if I am too miserly to buy there!:hyper:

Not directed at any one person, but I love the general sentiment of I would never buy there but I'm going to book there as soon as booking opens up, which seems pretty common here -- obviously if enough people share this sentiment you will have to own there to stay there.
As has often been stated on the DIS, part of what makes DVC unique is there are plenty of resort options, each with its own highlights which to others may be "lowlights." The TPV view at BLT can be wonderful given one's ability to focus on the fact MK sits before them. Some love the standard view at VGF due to the monorail, but it's not a view for which I particularly long. Back to the Poly, it's not appealing to my tastes, but I'm certain there are many for whom the styling, decor, and location will be a huge draw. Indeed, to each his/her own.
Understood and agree -- my comment was tongue in cheek (is there an emoticon for that?)
My thanks to DVC Mike for the following link. It's a 4+ minute video tour of the new Poly model at SSR. It's available on another thread, but given the traffic on this one, I thought I'd make it available here. Again, many thanks to Mike for posting this originally. :thumbsup2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoAtl22KCg#t=253
Great video. First time I really got a feel for the room. I was very taken back by the amount of space taken up by the odd 1.5 bathrooms complete with walk-in shower with bench. Odd duck for a Studio. The rest of the room felt cramped despite obviously undersized furniture -- literally an inch between the wall/side table/bed/side table/sofa/wall. Was wavering on buying since I would only stay a couple nights a year -- decision really hinged on 7 mos. availability, but now I'm both convinced I wouldn't want to stay there based on the size of the living space for a family of 4 (given the 1.5 baths take up more than half the depth of the unit). Likewise, with that unique setup, I'm doubtful they will sell out consistently prior to 7 mos. So, I'm now firmly in the no category. That said, regarding our agreed sentiment of "to each his own", I'm honestly not sure who they are going after with these Studios now. Despite being the "largest studio" in DVC they squandered most of that space with an odd duck 1.5 bath (which most 1bdrms don't even have > 1 bath). At first I thought they are catering to Poly die hards who refuse to stay anywhere else, therefore haven't bought into DVC, but as others have pointed out the Hotel rooms have more living space and two actual beds, given their choice to put in 1.5 baths. I had faith DVC knew what they were doing, but now I'm not so sure. I think they may have finally turned the pooch clockwise on this one. If they don't have an adjoining studio booking category that will seal the fate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter