Pool use

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
Can you use any pool being a DVC member? I thought I had seen on my member card I had pool “hopping” privileges (release contract) but maybe I misunderstood.

Follow up to this: if we can use any pool even if not staying at that resort - can we park at that resort to use the pool?

No. Pool hopping has not returned post covid.

You certainly can’t and never have been allowed to use a pool without a resort stay. Even when pool hopping was a thing you still needed a resort stay.

So if I was staying at SSR and wanted to use the pool at AKL I was never allowed to do that as a DVC member?

You were never allowed to use pools if you didn’t have a resort stay at any resort.

Once upon a time you could pool hop to another resort if you were staying somewhere else at that time. Some were excluded. I’m not sure if AKL was one of them.

You were never allowed to use pools if you didn’t have a resort stay at any resort.

Once upon a time you could pool hop to another resort if you were staying somewhere else at that time. Some were excluded. I’m not sure if AKL was one of them.
I believe it was on the exclude list.

Most of the best pools were.

OP said they were staying @SSR and wanted to know about pool hopping, they never said they weren't staying on property.

So if I was staying at SSR and wanted to use the pool at AKL I was never allowed to do that as a DVC member?

From 2008 - even if you were staying at a DVC resort and wanted to use the pool at AKV, you were never allowed to use that pool (just like SAB).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-permitted-except-for-stormalong-bay.1900066/
Ironically in mid 2019 they actually added AKL/V to the list of pools you could hop to & removed the GF from the list of hoppable pools. It wasn’t long after that the pool hopping perk for DVC members ended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter