• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

I'm seeing people talking about faxing in their own room requests...I can't find the fax number anywhere in here. Can someone share that. Also, people have suggested calling in the request...do you just call the regular Disney reservation 800 number? Or call Pop directly? There are like 140 pages to this thread and I looked through a bunch and didn't see it...I appreciate the help.
I selected the 90's and 80's when I checked in and then I called the standard 800 number and had them add a note to my account. Next friday I will also send a fax stating what room I am requsting. I found the fax line at the touring plans. but the fax number is 407/938-4040.

50's will be an option in October for sure!! They're only at the beginnings of the 70's section now and it's taken them 5 months to get here!

Personally I still can't see the refurbishments being complete next spring.

We are going the last week of November. I planned on picking ground floor near transportation when doing on line check in and just get whatever we get. We never stayed in 50's before and I would like that but I am worried about the gondola construction and noise.

Murphy bed caution:) My co-worker just got back from staying in a refurbed room and on the whole they liked it, but warned me to always try and keep the murphy bed up to save your shins and worrying about your child falling by it. They said, unlike the normal bed, the murphy frame sticks out more and the corners are not rounded and really hurts if you catch your leg on it. She said she got a decent size bruise from it. They liked having a coffee pot and really loved the sink and bathroom area. They liked how big the room felt when the murphy bed was up but did not like the fact that you have to remove the pillows and also move the covers or else they stick out of the sides when you fold it up. They also said that the murphy bed sticks out further then the normal bed when down and that makes it really narrow between it and the dresser. Just like us, they also really miss not having the table available at night when the kids were in bed or early in the morning when she drank her coffee while they were still sleeping.

Murphy bed caution:) My co-worker just got back from staying in a refurbed room and on the whole they liked it, but warned me to always try and keep the murphy bed up to save your shins and worrying about your child falling by it. They said, unlike the normal bed, the murphy frame sticks out more and the corners are not rounded and really hurts if you catch your leg on it. She said she got a decent size bruise from it. They liked having a coffee pot and really loved the sink and bathroom area. They liked how big the room felt when the murphy bed was up but did not like the fact that you have to remove the pillows and also move the covers or else they stick out of the sides when you fold it up. They also said that the murphy bed sticks out further then the normal bed when down and that makes it really narrow between it and the dresser. Just like us, they also really miss not having the table available at night when the kids were in bed or early in the morning when she drank her coffee while they were still sleeping.

I've heard other people say they got numerous bruises from walking into the bed frames in the refurbished rooms. I have no doubt my legs would be full of bruises if I stayed in one of those rooms. That's interesting about the sheets/blankets sticking out of the murphy bed when folded up -- we've never had that problem at AoA -- I wonder if they've changed the blanket size. Or maybe it's because our son who usually uses that bed is a neat freak and keeps the blankets/sheets tucked in on all sides except for the area where he gets in and out of the bed. :D We usually just set the pillows on top of the bed frame when we fold up the bed. I also think we need to get the word out to families with young kids staying in the refurbished rooms that they should put the kids in the regular bed and the adults should use the murphy bed. That way they can keep it folded up and use the table after the kids are asleep and also before they wake up in the morning. I think a lot of people assume the murphy bed is the "inferior" of the two. The reality is the beds are the same -- identical mattresses and no box springs on either one -- so they are almost literally identical. Having the adults use the murphy bed will often be beneficial for families in those rooms.

Thank you for this. This is my biggest worry with my little ones. This is why deep down I kind of hope I don't get a refurbed room.

I'm here!!! got building 9 on 80's
the room is Amazing:love: so much storage space, the beds are great, and the beverage station is a life saver for families that travel with lots of snacks. We ask for a crib and we had the pack n'play already waiting for us, it is placed bet the TV entertainment and the bathroom entrance, it fits perfectly and is not on the way BUT it can be a huge problem for people with conecting rooms, is right there were the door shoul be. I did online check in and never faxed anything, but we got to the hotel at 10:30am and did stop at the front desk to double check on my request the new room and the crib, got the text with room # at 2:47pm, we got fourth floor.

Thank you for this. This is my biggest worry with my little ones. This is why deep down I kind of hope I don't get a refurbed room.

A friend of mine purchased this for her trip just in case she gets a refurbished room because she's worried about the corners. It looks like some type of foam. I haven't seen it in person but she said it looks perfect. She plans on sticking it on with tacky putty instead of the tape it comes with in case it looks like the tape would mark up the furniture or if it needs taken off when the bed is put up. It probably wouldn't take more than a minute or two to apply.
IMG_6646.PNG

I agree about the corners of the murphy bed giving you a good bruise; it happened more than once to my hubs when we were there earlier this month. Other than that, we found no problems with the *new* room.

A friend of mine purchased this for her trip just in case she gets a refurbished room because she's worried about the corners. It looks like some type of foam. I haven't seen it in person but she said it looks perfect. She plans on sticking it on with tacky putty instead of the tape it comes with in case it looks like the tape would mark up the furniture or if it needs taken off when the bed is put up. It probably wouldn't take more than a minute or two to apply.
View attachment 264542
I had that on my coffee table when my youngest was toddling, its good stuff. Maybe try command strips. They remove very easily and are pretty strong.

No refurb room for us ☹️ Just received our room text. We are in the 50's. online I requested 80's and TA put a request if a new room on our reservation. Oh well DH will be thrilled. He wanted an old one one last time. Me well I will be at Disney soon so how can I be upset? Heading to the airport now!
Have a great trip!

No refurb room for us ☹️ Just received our room text. We are in the 50's. online I requested 80's and TA put a request if a new room on our reservation. Oh well DH will be thrilled. He wanted an old one one last time. Me well I will be at Disney soon so how can I be upset? Heading to the airport now!

What type of room do you have? We have standard pool view (all that was available for free dining) and I requested 80s or 90s. The only other location for standard pool view is 50s and I'm so hoping we don't get it!

I know thus is off topic but I'm packing and just wondering if I need to pack green tea. Is there hot green tea at the refillable mug stations at Pop? Thanks
No, just tea.
What I was was meaning for Pop was that I didnt want to be stuck in the farthest room from everything and still not get a refurbished room.
The furthest room from everything is refurbished,
Just like us, they also really miss not having the table available at night when the kids were in bed or early in the morning when she drank her coffee while they were still sleeping.
Why not put the kids in the permanent bed and keep the Murphy for the adults who want the table?

We checked in last night and got a renovated room! My first time staying at a Disney resort so I have nothing to compare it with but I'm very impressed. I requested 90's section top floor online and that is exactly what we got. I also phoned to request a renovated room. Even though we are on the top floor it sounds a bit like someone is in a room above us, definitely a little bit of noise but nothing more than other hotels. I was nervous about the walk to the buses from this section but if you cut through the parking lot it's super quick. We only have one child so it should be plenty enough space for us. My husband was impressed with the Murphy bed, he didn't expect it to be so comfortable.

View attachment 264542

Just a thought but can one not hollow out a "track" through a pool noodle to place over the frame of the bed to accomplish this as well?

I just took a closer gander of the Murphy frame and I think that's what I'm going to do.

Just a thought but can one not hollow out a "track" through a pool noodle to place over the frame of the bed to accomplish this as well?

I just took a closer gander of the Murphy frame and I think that's what I'm going to do.

This is a great idea if your driving but if you fly in then bringing a pool noodle presents a problem since it would be a pain to try to pack and it would take up too much suitcase space.

This is a great idea if your driving but if you fly in then bringing a pool noodle presents a problem since it would be a pain to try to pack and it would take up too much suitcase space.

We fly.

I wouldn't bring an entire noodle. Just a foot or so per corner. I don't think an entire pool noodle would be necessary to pad the two corners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter