Pop Century Room Renovations

Checked in yesterday. Requested room 9137 via touring plans and got 9144. We didn't really care as long as we were in that general vicinity and the room had a bathtub. Not a bad walk to busses and the dining hall. Can definitely hear the toilets flush all around us and the pitter-patter of little feet from above.

Checked in yesterday. Requested room 9137 via touring plans and got 9144. We didn't really care as long as we were in that general vicinity and the room had a bathtub. Not a bad walk to busses and the dining hall. Can definitely hear the toilets flush all around us and the pitter-patter of little feet from above.

How did you send the request through touring plans? I've been trying to figure that out. I do have a subscription.

How did you send the request through touring plans? I've been trying to figure that out. I do have a subscription.

When you're logged in and have added a trip with then (identified the dates you're going), that will become your home page each time you log in. There is a place in your new title bar that will allow you to request a room and configure a FAX.

Hope this helps.

So the one video post I saw estimated tomorrow as the opening of building 7 - seems unlikely from posts but fingers and toes crossed - finally booked my airfare today and have no "need" for planning until October when I book
fp - but I can't turn off the wondering

Building 7 will definitely not open today. Lots of the rooms do look ready to go though (on the ground floor anyways). Curtains were open in several rooms. Most everything looked ready. Some mattresses against the wall in plastic. I tried to get a peak at when the rooms I was looking at began their refurbishment. I saw dates ranging from June 15-July 11.

On a positive note.... :)

The preferred side of building 10, rooms 49-60 is now closed for refurbishment. The dates on those windows say Aug. 21st as the start date for that section.
Is that on all floors, sorry if that is a stupid question.

and lets hope that building 10 and 6 (once it starts) don't have the extensive work like building 7

Is that on all floors, sorry if that is a stupid question.

and lets hope that building 10 and 6 (once it starts) don't have the extensive work like building 7
I'm so sorry. That section is still open. It serves me right for loading up my car before coffee. :duck: It's just the one preferred section that is being worked on. All floors of that section though.

Just to clarify.....rooms 37-48 are the preferred rooms that are currently being refurbished.

I'm getting ready to book our May trip today. I've been looking thru all this and would hope the renovations would be complete by then but if not what type of room do I need to book to guarantee a renovated room by May? The only reason we are even considering staying here is that there will be queen beds in the room so a renovated room is kind of a must, lol.
We are booked in a preferred room for a few days starting 4/26 and aiming for a refurb room too... hoping someone with a better sense of the timeline can give us an idea! :)

:) I've been trying to track it. So far here is what I've been able to put together

Building 8, 90's, started renovation on 6 March, opened on 8 June (~renovation time 94 days)
Building 9, 80's, started renovation early May, scheduled to open 24 July (~renovation time 80 days)
Building 7, 80's, started renovation early June, scheduled to open 14 August (~renovation time 70 days)

No other buildings have been started but guestimating building 10 will be next and should be started in the need week or two, with building 6 being 4-6 weeks behind it.

It appears that they are getting faster as they get more familar with what they need to do.

I am guessing that by the end of October they will be finished with 10 and 6 (the 70's buildings) and will be working on 4 and 5.

EDIT: Fixed the open date of bldg 8
Given the awesome job you did tracking the initial buildings, I was wondering if you have continued to update the tracking of buildings still

Building 7 will definitely not open today. Lots of the rooms do look ready to go though (on the ground floor anyways). Curtains were open in several rooms. Most everything looked ready. Some mattresses against the wall in plastic. I tried to get a peak at when the rooms I was looking at began their refurbishment. I saw dates ranging from June 15-July 11.
That's a bummer. While bldg. 9 would actually be my preference, I was hoping bldg. 7 would open up prior to me checking in Saturday just to increase my chances of getting my refurb room request granted.

I'm arriving at Pop this coming Tuesday. Today, I sent a fax to specifically request room #9108 (might sound weird, but it was so ideal last time we went, we want the same room) but any first floor, south-facing room nearby it in Building 9 will do. I'm hoping that I'll get some magic pixie dust. I can't wait to check out these gorgeous, clean new rooms. I didn't do Online Check-in because I was advised that it would better serve my requests this way.

I'll report back on Tuesday whether or not my requests went through, and I'll try and get more pictures up of what I can. Wish me luck. :3

Last edited:
I think Building 7 is getting pretty close! We're currently in Building 9 and received a note on our door to warn us that the Reedy Creek Fire Department would be testing the fire alarms for Building 7 today. We were at the park, so we didn't hear anything of course, but the note indicated that tests would be from roughly 11 a.m. until late afternoon.

I know thus is off topic but I'm packing and just wondering if I need to pack green tea. Is there hot green tea at the refillable mug stations at Pop? Thanks

Well a standard room opened up at Pop for my dates so I changed my reservation so I can try to get a refurbished room. Refurbished room was still not an option in the room requests menu so I chose 90's 1st then 80's. I am hoping that it works since the price for standard for 6 nights was almost exactly the same as preferred. If I get stuck in Mighty Ducks...well life's a gamble I suppose.

Well a standard room opened up at Pop for my dates so I changed my reservation so I can try to get a refurbished room. Refurbished room was still not an option in the room requests menu so I chose 90's 1st then 80's. I am hoping that it works since the price for standard for 6 nights was almost exactly the same as preferred. If I get stuck in Mighty Ducks...well life's a gamble I suppose.
Well I can guarantee you won't get stuck in Mighty Ducks since Pop doesn't have a MD section :)

I don't think a refurbished room will ever be an option for online check in. Mighty Ducks is one of the furthest buildings out at Movies right? The good news is, if you don't get a refurbished room, you might get a more central location at Pop, since some of those rooms in the 80's/90's are a bit far out.

Well I can guarantee you won't get stuck in Mighty Ducks since Pop doesn't have a MD section :)

ugh I just changed both legs of my trip's room requests-the first leg is at All Star Movies so I had Mighty Ducks on the brain because I remember thinking...who would want to be in the mighty ducks section? Do people request that?

What I was was meaning for Pop was that I didnt want to be stuck in the farthest room from everything and still not get a refurbished room. I need more coffee this morning. TGIF

Last edited:
Just did online check-in for the end of October/beginning of November...The preference options allowed were for 90's, 80's AND 70's!

I'm seeing people talking about faxing in their own room requests...I can't find the fax number anywhere in here. Can someone share that. Also, people have suggested calling in the request...do you just call the regular Disney reservation 800 number? Or call Pop directly? There are like 140 pages to this thread and I looked through a bunch and didn't see it...I appreciate the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter