Pop Century Room Renovations

just because the rooms now have coffee pots
It is so riddiculous, but this is actually the ONLY reason I agreed to stay at POP. LOL! I will be there for the Dopey races, so 4 mornings of getting up at 3am-I NEED my coffee before I race, and I NEED to be able to use the hot water from the machine itself to make my instant oatmeal, again my go-to pre-race fuel. So as dumb as it sounds, I will be devastated to not get a refurbished room. So hurray for Building 10 being open!!! because that means way more options!

Currently booked for 4 nights at Pop in early December, as it was the only thing available. Since we are a party of 5 and a party of one, we will have to stick one of our kids in the room with his grandfather but that will be okay. So I'm at least requesting close and/or connecting room, but kid is 17 so it's fine if they aren't right next to us.

Our family of 5 has done POP a few times, usually as a bridge for a gap between other stays or a one-night before moving to another room, so we've never done the full Pop Experience for the most part. The exception is back in 2008 when we stayed 3 nights there but there were only 3 of us, and all my DH remembers is that LATE at night some kids came knocking on random doors, like ours, and he was able to open the door to tell them wrong room...WHILE still laying in bed!

We honestly don't spend that much time in the rooms anyway, and even less so on such a short trip, so I think we'll be okay. We are used to moderates and deluxe rooms (we are DVC members and usually have at least a studio or 1BR Villa) but I think the kids (ages 13, 15 and 17) will actually get a kick out of the resort.

That being said, we are also booked at POR but only one room...still hoping a second room opens up and we can move my FIL there with us. Otherwise we'll need to cancel POR and just keep our two Pop rooms. I look forward to reading more reports about the resort!

It is so riddiculous, but this is actually the ONLY reason I agreed to stay at POP. LOL! I will be there for the Dopey races, so 4 mornings of getting up at 3am-I NEED my coffee before I race, and I NEED to be able to use the hot water from the machine itself to make my instant oatmeal, again my go-to pre-race fuel. So as dumb as it sounds, I will be devastated to not get a refurbished room. So hurray for Building 10 being open!!! because that means way more options!
I can understand from this point of view and I wish you luck on your run. They don't have any at Disneyland now, well for the next year or two. They say its because all of the construction, but it hasn't stopped the previous races. I heard its something about the mayor having issues with them.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous that you want a refurbished room for the coffee pot. (Although I guess you can always bring a small one of your own if you have to.) I don’t think people should feel bad, or be made to feel bad, they really want a refurbished room based on whatever reason they have. We all have our preferences and what’s important to us.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous that you want a refurbished room for the coffee pot. (Although I guess you can always bring a small one of your own if you have to.) I don’t think people should feel bad, or be made to feel bad, they really want a refurbished room based on whatever reason they have. We all have our preferences and what’s important to us.
I don't think its about the coffee but she wants the way to get hot water, that is not just out of the tap. People run water through the coffee pot to get really hot water for their oatmeal. And yes, I agree its ok to want things on trips. But to be bummed or depressed because you don't get them is what I hope people avoid. Don't hang your hat on getting a new room. Just look at it as a little extra pixie dust.

I don't think its about the coffee but she wants the way to get hot water, that is not just out of the tap. People run water through the coffee pot to get really hot water for their oatmeal. And yes, I agree its ok to want things on trips. But to be bummed or depressed because you don't get them is what I hope people avoid. Don't hang your hat on getting a new room. Just look at it as a little extra pixie dust.
I think she said coffee AND hot water. Not sure if she could bring a small coffee pot with her. But they take up room and the carafe could break. I know I wouldn’t have room in my luggage for one.

I’d be bummed if I didn’t get a refurbished room, but I wouldn’t be depressed. I don’t think I could be depressed in Disney World if I tried.

But it’s nice of you and others to try and put it all in perspective for those that really want a refurbished room.

Don't hang your hat on getting a new room. Just look at it as a little extra pixie dust.
Yes! I totally understand that...fingers doubly crossed!

I don’t think I could be depressed in Disney World if I tried.
True enough!! I will still enjoy my trip for sure! I may take some the advice and purchase a small coffee maker to bring with me just in case. I hadn't thought of that before.

I use this when we stay at Pop: https://www.target.com/p/gourmia-po...VEI5-Ch2LOwcpEAQYAiABEgLmxPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a collapsible travel kettle (0.5 l). The water boils quite fast. It means I have to drink instant (ick), but it's better than not being caffeinated. We've also used it to boil water for soup so it would work for oatmeal too. And it collapses!! So I find it doesn't take up too much room in a suitcase. It's also dual voltage so can be used if you travel outside the US. It's on Amazon too for about $30 more, lol.

I know plenty of people have mentioned that the online check in drop downs haven't worked, but is this just a POP thing or across the resorts? I just wonder if its just a POP thing they gave up until the reno is done as 85% of people want a new room and that wasn't an option anyway LOL

I know plenty of people have mentioned that the online check in drop downs haven't worked, but is this just a POP thing or across the resorts? I just wonder if its just a POP thing they gave up until the reno is done as 85% of people want a new room and that wasn't an option anyway LOL

I'm pretty sure it's across all resorts -- doing a split stay on our upcoming trip and can't get dropdown selections to work for AKL either ;(

which sections likely NOT renovated by Christmas? Don't want a room with glue/new smell due to sensitivities.

which sections likely NOT renovated by Christmas? Don't want a room with glue/new smell due to sensitivities.

The one section guaranteed to not be done by Christmas will be the 50's. It will be the last done. Also part of the 60's probably.

Agree, 50's should be 100% safe.

I think 60's will be completely safe as well since they are way behind

but especially if you have preferred booked, I would ask for 50's.

Of course when you get your room number, if it is renovated

ask to be moved to an old room, that would be a nice change for them.

I use this when we stay at Pop: https://www.target.com/p/gourmia-po...VEI5-Ch2LOwcpEAQYAiABEgLmxPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a collapsible travel kettle (0.5 l). The water boils quite fast. It means I have to drink instant (ick), but it's better than not being caffeinated. We've also used it to boil water for soup so it would work for oatmeal too. And it collapses!! So I find it doesn't take up too much room in a suitcase. It's also dual voltage so can be used if you travel outside the US. It's on Amazon too for about $30 more, lol.
That's so cute!!

The room request section of Online Check In has been broken for months now. The best way to make a room request is still to call the Main Reservations line and add your requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Thanks so much! :thanks:

I just walked back to my room in Building 7 through the ‘70s section through the foosball field. While the wing of Building 6 closest to Classic Hall is definitely closed and under construction, the wing further down on that same side is still open. I saw people entering a room in that section and could see that others were occupied.

Similarly, while at least one wing of Building 10 is now open and occupied, at least one wing is still closed and under construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter