Pop Century Room Renovations

Oh that's good to know
Do I need to book something particular when booking online or are they just the standard rooms
I keep checking Disney daily I know the release is coming

Thank you so much for this idea!! I am definitely doing these and when I get home I can simply use them in my closets or pantry to organize.

Yes and yes!!!

That's great, one more place to sit a bag and like you showed the rod extended out. While I was kinda bummed the big closet was gone, I realize I rarely put it to good work, this will provide more function for me.

What is really going to stink is if I convince myself I can get past the stuff I hate ......... is if the price is just not worth it.

I'm taking my family in 2018 last week in April am I likely to get a refurbished room?its going to work so much better for us with me and husband in queen and our kids in the Murphy
Oh that's good to know
Do I need to book something particular when booking online or are they just the standard rooms
I keep checking Disney daily I know the release is coming

I'm pretty sure somewhere back in this thread there was some talk about May 2018 being the target date for completion of all the rooms. Anyone know where that came from, or if that still sounds right?

If that is so, by April 2018 the only rooms not refurbished will be under construction. No matter where they are in construction by then, there should be renovatee rooms in all booking categories.

I keep trying to calculate a logical plan of completion. Knowing when they finish the second renovated building will be a big help in predicting. I'm hoping they speed up to taking 2.5 months instead of 3 to complete a building.

The more I see, the more I really want one of these rooms in February.

If people smarter than me had to speculate, how much will POP increase when the renovations are done? I just don't see us getting there before the price increase and I would like to make it less painful by getting an idea now of what we may need to be looking at per night.

If people smarter than me had to speculate, how much will POP increase when the renovations are done? I just don't see us getting there before the price increase and I would like to make it less painful by getting an idea now of what we may need to be looking at per night.
It isn't only the new rooms that will increase the price, it is the proposed gondola system that will as well.

Disney Dreams posted another short video. Go to You Tube and search for Pop Century room, then filter for videos posted today. It is shorter than the first one and specifically shows/talks about the Murphy bed - but does not show anyone opeing or closing it.

I'm pretty sure somewhere back in this thread there was some talk about May 2018 being the target date for completion of all the rooms. Anyone know where that came from, or if that still sounds right?

If that is so, by April 2018 the only rooms not refurbished will be under construction. No matter where they are in construction by then, there should be renovatee rooms in all booking categories.

I keep trying to calculate a logical plan of completion. Knowing when they finish the second renovated building will be a big help in predicting. I'm hoping they speed up to taking 2.5 months instead of 3 to complete a building.

The more I see, the more I really want one of these rooms in February.
I think it's more than just the rooms being refurbished. I think May 2018 is for all the refurbishments at the resort to be done. Landscaping included. Hopefully Classic Hall dining area too! *Fingers crossed.

Not smarter but I'll bite. Logically the price should not go up until 2019 unless Disney does a mid-year increase, which they could by honoring all existing reservations and just raise for new reservations.

I keep saying that I think at the low end it will be @ $150 rack rate.

Just looking at weeknights right now in longest time frames ...

POP
Value $118
Regular $145
Peak $169
Holiday $200 plus

AoA LM
Value $140
Regular $180
Peak $204
Holiday $244 plus

Just look at AoA rates - crazy for the same basic room before but now POP has 2 Queens and much nicer bathrooms. AoA still has the much nicer pools so maybe they will consider that an equal perk.

I think for now POP rates will be the same as LM rooms at minimum, likely more due to 2 Queens. That is the breaking point for many that book moderates.

Build a gondola and both hotels will go up again, I wouldn't be surprised to see POP at $175 for value with a Gondola. And let's hope they still qualify for discounts which could get that rate down to $140. And that would be my exit point.

When will the gondola be ready to use? I imagine quite a while and we won't benefit in April 2018

I have one of those, we use to tailgate or "picnic" and it works just great. It's not tall, so it works best with popup chairs. Might be short for use with table chairs. If you want me to pop mine and put with a standard chair and take a picture I will.
The linked table is described as tall, and it's 27" according to the blurb. Typical table height is 28"-30", so not overly short.

No apologies necessary you are on vacation- super appreciate it!! Wondering how easy it would be to get a few days worth during check in DH will go thru that in five mins

In our experience, very easy. The first thing I do when we get into our room is call housekeeping and ask them to bring extra supplies right then and there for the next AM. Then we ask that our housekeeper leave extras everyday. That has worked perfectly every time.

I have one of those, we use to tailgate or "picnic" and it works just great. It's not tall, so it works best with popup chairs. Might be short for use with table chairs. If you want me to pop mine and put with a standard chair and take a picture I will.

Hmmm, you are right about the height. I just measured. Thanks for offering to post a picture. I think I have a better sense of it after measuring and comparing it to my youngest's "crafts table". It's shorter than I'd like (probably can't use it at night for my laptop), but I think it still might work as a place for my kids to have breakfast. My number one reason for wanting this is to have a place to set up breakfast while my kids are sleeping (or even awake. I don't intend to fold and unfold that bed every day, I don't care how easy it is!). They're still small, so it could work...until they grow and the prices with the gondola have pushed the Pop out of our budget for a longer stay at WDW.

Hmmm, you are right about the height. I just measured. Thanks for offering to post a picture. I think I have a better sense of it after measuring and comparing it to my youngest's "crafts table". It's shorter than I'd like (probably can't use it at night for my laptop),

Are you sure twenty seven inches tall is too short for your laptop? It's only 1"-3" lower than a standard table or desk. Oh, and the red one is cheaper :)

Are you sure twenty seven inches tall is too short for your laptop? It's only 1"-3" lower than a standard table or desk. Oh, and the red one is cheaper :)

It depends on the height of the chair, I think. If the chairs sit as high as my office chair, it would be awkward. A lower chair (like the height of a folding chair, maybe?) would be better. But we have so many other (better) questions for people staying in these rooms, I don't feel knowing the height of the chairs is so important. Lol. I'm going to buy the table (the red one, thanks!! I didn't catch the price difference) and bring it, at least for the kids. If it works for me too, it will be an added bonus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter