• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

What are the chances of getting a non refurbed room the last week of November?

They started in the 90s and are working their way down, so go with the higher centuries as your request if you want a refurbed room, and a lower century if you want non refurbed. I'd imagine there's no way they'll be working on the 50s by late November since they aren't supposed to finish the project until early spring.

Is there still a safe in the new rooms? And are the coffee makers pods or K-cups?

We loved our stay in a refurbished room at Pop Century. Here are some pictures: http://www.thecastleconcierge.com/renovated-rooms-disneys-pop-century/

Any questions, just ask.

One item of note: we were only there for two nights and we didn't get Housekeeping service as our room wasn't made up when we returned for a rest. We called to have fresh towels delivered. Did Housekeeping leave down the bed? I'd love to know. Thanks.

Can anyone identify the exact make and model of this thermostat? I noticed it has the dreaded motion sensor, and having my room in September the temperature I want it isn't something I take lightly. lol

Edit: Looks like I found a match (I don't even know if the thermostats are new in the remodel, so people may already know the model, but this helps me so I am posting it): https://www.inncom.com/catalog/energy-management/item/evora-light-switch-2?category_id=1

Edit 2: And here is what I was ultimately after:

Pop-Century-Renovated-Room-067.jpg

Last edited:
For those staying in a refurbished room now or in the near future.... If you have time (and feel like doing it), could you call mousekeeping to ask if you can get an alarm clock for the room? I noticed the new rooms don't have one and while I know most people just use their phones now, I know there have been discussions about the removal of alarm clocks in certain resort rooms and there are people who want an actual clock in their room so they don't have to use their phone. I also remember some people said they don't bring their phones to Disney or simply don't have phones. I don't care either way (and I'm not trying to start a debate), I'm just curious because I'm sure someone will eventually bring it up.
I think they took them out because most people do have their phones, and if not there is still the wakeup call option on the phone.

I stated way back when the first reports of the new r
Unfortunately I am not a fan - I just feel it looks off somehow- it's industrial and sterile- doesn't seem comforting like a place you can just kick back and relax- it's as if you are in an IKEA display, - it's not for me.

I have seen more and more pictures of the rooms and although I still think it looks like IKEA built and designed these rooms, I don't think they are as bad as I originally did. If I ever did a value I would certainly look at these rooms.

Can anyone identify the exact make and model of this thermostat? I noticed it has the dreaded motion sensor, and having my room in September the temperature I want it isn't something I take lightly. lol

Edit: Looks like I found a match (I don't even know if the thermostats are new in the remodel, so people may already know the model, but this helps me so I am posting it): https://www.inncom.com/catalog/energy-management/item/evora-light-switch-2?category_id=1

Edit 2: And here is what I was ultimately after:

Pop-Century-Renovated-Room-067.jpg

Thank you for posting. In all of my stays, I've never had the ac turn off, but I love my ac and if the motion sensor turned it off in the middle of the night I would NOT be happy. :mad: At all. I have worried that it will happen.

So this is very handy to have in case I need it when we check in Tomorrow.:cloud9:

I think they took them out because most people do have their phones, and if not there is still the wakeup call option on the phone.

Yes, I understand that. I'm just curious if they will still bring a clock to your room if you ask. They've done that at other resorts when the alarm clocks were randomly removed...just wondering if that's still an option for those who like to have an actual clock in the room for various reasons. We travel with an alarm clock, so I personally don't care either way. I'm just asking for those who are used to requesting a clock when there isn't one in the room.

Yes, I understand that. I'm just curious if they will still bring a clock to your room if you ask. They've done that at other resorts when the alarm clocks were randomly removed...just wondering if that's still an option for those who like to have an actual clock in the room for various reasons. We travel with an alarm clock, so I personally don't care either way. I'm just asking for those who are used to requesting a clock when there isn't one in the room.
I would think it would still be an option. I wouldn't see why not. There should be a list of things you can ask for from the front desk to see if its even feasible.

I didn't see if anyone answered my earlier question... Are the dresser and nightstand tops solid surface, such as Corian, or are they just laminate? They look like solid surface to me.

Our room had only a rain shower. Ill see if I can dig up a picture.

Here ya go!

Thanks so much! May I ask what room you stayed in? It looks like Touring Plans has quite the job in front of them updating the options that are in each specific room.

Still seems to be confusion about the size of the second bed. Many say it's a Queen while occasionally people staying there say double. Has anyone actually measured and can confirm either way? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter