Pop Century Room Renovations

I requested room 5161 in the 60's Building. We paid for a preferred room. I am wondering if these rooms will be renovated by then? If Not I may change my request.
Requesting one specific room isn't recommended
Requests are merely requests and never guaranteed
The only Preferred rooms in the 60s are Preferred Pool View
Preferred (Standard) rooms are in buildings 1, 6, and 10
The further away your trip, the more likely your reserved room type will have been renovated
Chances are one out of 2880 that the requested room will be available and assigned to you

We are in a renovated room right now and love it. The mattress on the Murphy is extremely and surprisingly comfortable. We are on the first floor and do not hear our upstairs neighbors. A lot of storage space. The only issue I have is with the glass shower doors. We use the string for our bathing suits in the shower and in order to use the string you need 2 people to get the string across to latch on to the other side. Glass door is too big for one person to get the string over.

Is anyone else excited about all the little cubbies in the bathroom area? Looks like plenty of storage and we don't have to have our stuff all over the sink.
Me! We have a lot of toiletries that end up all over the sink area. Looks like no need for an over the door organizer with this new layout. I requested a 90's room so hoping for a new room this summer.

I haven't seen a picture of one of the shower only bathrooms? Have I missed it? I'd love to see a picture of one.
Seen it but don't recall where. Similar to the tub bathrooms except the step over is only about four inches, and the sliding section of the door doesn't seem as wide as the tub. So, okay, then the shower is the same width as the tub, but slightly shorter from showerhead wall to opposite wall.

Requesting one specific room isn't recommended
Requests are merely requests and never guaranteed
The only Preferred rooms in the 60s are Preferred Pool View
Preferred (Standard) rooms are in buildings 1, 6, and 10
The further away your trip, the more likely your reserved room type will have been renovated
Chances are one out of 2880 that the requested room will be available and assigned to you

There are preferred rooms in the 60's.

Assuming the 80's will be done in August, how would I request specifically the portion of the 80's closest to that 90's parking lot? Also, if I make a room request does it help to call a few days before or just discuss with them when we arrive?

For those asking about requesting rooms, I did mine about a week ago.

Call 407-939-7630.

They are going to ask some information about your reservation in order to get the right one. So that includes email and what name you used to book the trip.

When you talk to the person, have your reservation number ready.

Then you can just simply tell them your request. I requested either a King room or a renovated room. Neither at guaranteed but it's worth a shot.

j2thomason,Would you mind sharing how you requested your room. This will be my first time using Touring Plans to request my room. Thanks and enjoy your stay!!
On the touring plans website there is a room locator. Just go to there page for Pop Century, or any other resort, and you will find their room locator. You can see a layout of the whole resort and filter your dates, type of room, how far your walk is from transportation and the food court, etc. Once you find a room you like, there should be an option in that window to make a request for that room for your upcoming trip.

Ok, so a little help, if anyone knows the answer.

I'd like to book at Pop for Jan 10-12 of 2018. I want a refurbished room. Do not care where in the resort my room is; refurbished is the priority. Is there a room type that will give me a better chance? Standard, Preferred, Pool View within either one of those etc. I've been looking at some maps and trying to piece together the renovation schedule but I don't know that I trust my calculations, as I have never been to Pop.

If anyone has any insights, would be much appreciated!:thanks:

I'd like to book at Pop for Jan 10-12 of 2018. I want a refurbished room. Do not care where in the resort my room is; refurbished is the priority. Is there a room type that will give me a better chance? Standard, Preferred, Pool View within either one of those etc. I've been looking at some maps and trying to piece together the renovation schedule but I don't know that I trust my calculations, as I have never been to Pop.

If you don't care where it is, I say you could just call and make the request after you book.

Right now 90s is what's complete. I think 80s could be finished by January also (someone feel free to correct me if I'm mis-estimating; I haven't been following this thread as closely as others here). These are standard rooms. So you could request 90s standard. I would also call for sure, possibly even instead of doing an online request (although I see no harm in doing both), and specifically tell them you would like to request a refurbished room. Good luck! I hope you get one!!

right now only standards are ready, I would just book that and make a request before checking in

The only issue I have is with the glass shower doors. We use the string for our bathing suits in the shower and in order to use the string you need 2 people to get the string across to latch on to the other side. Glass door is too big for one person to get the string over.

Would it be possible for 1 person to get the string to latch if you were inside the tub area rather than on the floor? I travel with my young DD so will be attempting to latch the string on my own. We use the line during our entire stay.

I booked our return trip back to Pop today for late April 2018! We loved it so much the 1st time, didn't see a point in going to a different resort.

I reserved Preferred, we stayed in the 50's last time, facing the parking lot (thru the trees) and it was quiet and perfect.

Any speculation on what the completion date is for the remodel. I've got almost a year, so I'm hoping they will be close by then.

Would obviously love a refurbed room, but would also like to go back to the 50's.

Can someone measure the width of the doorframe at the narrowest? Interested in knowing if I can get the kids double adaptive stroller through it. TIA.
All entry doors are and will remain 36" wide at all points.
I really would like to see photos of a Wheelchair accessible room with a roll-in shower.

Has anyone stayed in the room or know where photos could be found?
Only Building 8 is completed.
Building 8 does not have any ADA-guideline accessible rooms.
No accessible rooms, no roll-in showers.
No renovated rooms with roll-in showers, no pictures.
I would expect, with nothing to support, that the layout of roll-in shower bathrooms will not change.
Equally, I would expect that the rooms and bathrooms will be refurbished like all the other rooms.
I'm pretty sure they are keeping a few as king beds. They'll be refurbished like the others (hard floors, beverage center, etc). Whether or not those will get a new mattress, I don't know. Does anyone know if the rooms that are staying kings will get new mattresses? Even though we've never stayed in one, I'd still be curious to know.
Not for sure, but they should. I was one picture of a king room with the beverage center close to the head of the bed, so I don't see why they wouldn't refurbish all the rooms entirely.
Any speculation on what the completion date is for the remodel.
Still May 2018.

We are in a renovated room right now and love it. The mattress on the Murphy is extremely and surprisingly comfortable. We are on the first floor and do not hear our upstairs neighbors. A lot of storage space. The only issue I have is with the glass shower doors. We use the string for our bathing suits in the shower and in order to use the string you need 2 people to get the string across to latch on to the other side. Glass door is too big for one person to get the string over.
Just stand in the tub to stretch the cord across. Easy peasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter