Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Has anyone who had their flight changed not have their EBC transfer? Does it usually show up automatically? SW changed my flights today and my EBC is not there anymore.

Has anyone who had their flight changed not have their EBC transfer? Does it usually show up automatically? SW changed my flights today and my EBC is not there anymore.
Was your confirmation number changed? If it does not show up by tomorrow, I would call them with all pertinent info at hand. If they changed your flights, and not confirmation number, Early Bird should still be there. If they changed your confirmation number, they need to reinstate Early Bird Check-in for you. I have not had it disappear, when the confirmation number was not changed,

on our first flight change, the agent could not get our EBC to transfer. She had to refund our original EBC and rebook the EBC. If I remember correctly I specifically asked about it otherwise I don’t think it would have transferred. On our second flight change the agent was able to transfer the EBC with our change. I would suggest you call to make sure it’s still on your flight.

This has been an issue with EBCI almost since its inception - it's not specific to any of the covid-related stuff. Most of the time, EBCI moves just fine when a flight is changed. But occasionally, even SW agents can't get it move. They can see that it was on the old flight, but the system won't let them move it or restore it. I've had situations where they've been able to do both, and other times where they can't (and are perhaps more frustrated than I am about it). At least they are able to refund and re-purchase. It's still a hassle though.

Steve

This has been an issue with EBCI almost since its inception - it's not specific to any of the covid-related stuff. Most of the time, EBCI moves just fine when a flight is changed. But occasionally, even SW agents can't get it move. They can see that it was on the old flight, but the system won't let them move it or restore it. I've had situations where they've been able to do both, and other times where they can't (and are perhaps more frustrated than I am about it). At least they are able to refund and re-purchase. It's still a hassle though.

Steve
😂 yes this! The agent was definitely more frustrated about not being able to transfer it than I was 😂

Was your confirmation number changed? If it does not show up by tomorrow, I would call them with all pertinent info at hand. If they changed your flights, and not confirmation number, Early Bird should still be there. If they changed your confirmation number, they need to reinstate Early Bird Check-in for you. I have not had it disappear, when the confirmation number was not changed,
I just checked and mine is still there. I believe SWchanged my flights last Wed or Thurs.
on our first flight change, the agent could not get our EBC to transfer. She had to refund our original EBC and rebook the EBC. If I remember correctly I specifically asked about it otherwise I don’t think it would have transferred. On our second flight change the agent was able to transfer the EBC with our change. I would suggest you call to make sure it’s still on your flight.

Steve
Thanks everyone. I just checked and it is still missing. My confirmation number is the same though this is the third time they have changed my flight. I guess I will be calling tomorrow. Every other time (this flight and previous flights we have flown on SW) my EBC has always transferred.

Thanks everyone. I just checked and it is still missing. My confirmation number is the same though this is the third time they have changed my flight. I guess I will be calling tomorrow. Every other time (this flight and previous flights we have flown on SW) my EBC has always transferred.
If you have Twitter SW is great about helping there. I’m not a Twitter person but have account to use to contact places if I need assistance.

I had this issue for our upcoming September trip. We were on a nonstop & it got changed to a connecting flight thru Baltimore. The very next day, a new nonstop appeared at our airport, just 10 minutes after our original flight. The flight number had changed. I called & was able to move to the new nonstop. Our early bird had transferred with the first change, but did not transfer when we were moved to the new nonstop. The agents reason was that the destination cities were now different so the computer would recognize it as the same trip & would not move the EB. I had to be refunded & rebooked.

Since I had purchased the EB within minutes of flight release, I was upset that we had lost “our place in line”. The agent gave me the number to call customer service. There was still nothing he could do to get us back to our original place. However that agent did offer to reimburse us if we wanted to buy the A1-15 spots at the airport. He made a file & gave me a case number to call after our flight. There is the gamble that those spots will be unavailable that day, but if they are, we would need to buy at the gate & get reimbursed later.

I had this issue for our upcoming September trip. We were on a nonstop & it got changed to a connecting flight thru Baltimore. The very next day, a new nonstop appeared at our airport, just 10 minutes after our original flight. The flight number had changed. I called & was able to move to the new nonstop. Our early bird had transferred with the first change, but did not transfer when we were moved to the new nonstop. The agents reason was that the destination cities were now different so the computer would recognize it as the same trip & would not move the EB. I had to be refunded & rebooked.

Since I had purchased the EB within minutes of flight release, I was upset that we had lost “our place in line”. The agent gave me the number to call customer service. There was still nothing he could do to get us back to our original place. However that agent did offer to reimburse us if we wanted to buy the A1-15 spots at the airport. He made a file & gave me a case number to call after our flight. There is the gamble that those spots will be unavailable that day, but if they are, we would need to buy at the gate & get reimbursed later.

Thank you I will definitely bring that up about losing our places because I too bought our ebc when I bought our tickets right when the window opened.

I'm a nurse. I know exactly what masks do and don't do. I only asked if they were acceptable not for opinions on if they work or not. We'll have to call and ask. Thanks.
You actually don't (didn't!) need to call. According to the paragraph @georgina circled, Southwest indicates the need for "any well-defined mask or cloth covering..." . A face shield is not cloth, and it is not a mask.

A while ago SW told us that travel funds could be converted to points, has this feature become available yet? I can't find it.

Just got back and wanted to mention that the kiosks for printing the tags for checked bags is easy.. but if a SW check in person is not busy (this happened at MCO) they'll take your bags at the weigh in counter and do it for you.... very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter