Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I would like to book tomorrow for spring. I would be using covid related cancellation credit. If I had to cancel does anyone know when credit would expire? Would it be one year from tomorrow?
At this point any flights cancelled after September 7th would receive an expiry date of 1 year from the purchase date. The Sep 7, 2020 date may change/be extended but as of now that has not happened.

Just got an email from southwest offering to turn my qualifying travel funds into points. Its not a ton, just over $100 from cancelling/rebooking flights earlier this year. Is there a reason not to do this?
Travel points won't expire if you have at least one activity to your RR acct in a 24 month period. Travel funds have an expiration date. So if you are not planning to travel with in the expiration time period of the travel funds I
would convert to points.

Who will be booking Southwest flights tomorrow morning, when the schedule will be extended for travel 01/05/2021 - 04/11/2021? Are you confident that you will actually visit WDW during that time, or will you book flights, knowing that cancellation or change/postponement will be available?
I will be up bright and early waiting. We currently have flights booked in November (one way using travel funds and one way using points). My plan is to move the leg used with the funds to February, rebook that November leg using points and book the return flight in February using points. I just transferred all our travel funds to points. I'm pretty sure November won't happen but since both legs are on points, there will be no loss if we cancel. I'm hoping February will happen but I can't worry about that now. (I guess if it doesn't- I will move that flight on funds to a summer trip).

Who will be booking Southwest flights tomorrow morning, when the schedule will be extended for travel 01/05/2021 - 04/11/2021? Are you confident that you will actually visit WDW during that time, or will you book flights, knowing that cancellation or change/postponement will be available?
I'll be changing our October flights [BCV trip cancelled] to January for marathon weekend. We've been running for 16 years now and will still be traveling 1/6 - 1/13 but not running. Not the right time to long distance run but we do need to get out of CT for a bit! I can handle a watered down visit.

We have a WDW trip booked for late February that I'll be booking flights for tomorrow morning! SUPER EXCITED!! We still have a trip and flights booked for Dec. 9th-15th and we have direct flights and I'm *fingers crossed* hoping that SW doesn't change them to a layover!! ARGH!

The price on my ticket for November has dropped by $176. Do I have to cancel and then book again? If so, do I risk losing my seat?

The price on my ticket for November has dropped by $176. Do I have to cancel and then book again? If so, do I risk losing my seat?

No. Don't cancel. There's an option to "CHANGE" the flight. Go through the change process using the same flight as the original. It will make the 'change' and give you the credit.

Steve

Travel points won't expire if you have at least one activity to your RR acct in a 24 month period. Travel funds have an expiration date. So if you are not planning to travel with in the expiration time period of the travel funds I
would convert to points.

Rapid Rewards points no longer expire. Unless you close your account, they are good. The 24 month activity thing is no longer true.

I would like to book tomorrow for spring. I would be using covid related cancellation credit. If I had to cancel does anyone know when credit would expire? Would it be one year from tomorrow?
Why not convert those travel funds to RR points and then book your flights with points? Then if you cancel, no matter when or if they extend the current rules, you would get all of the points back.

Waiting for March SW to open this morning... the website on my phone updated to accepting res until Feb 13th, 2021 for about 2 minutes but now we're back to Jan 4th. The website on my computer still hasn't updated. Hopefully soon!!!

Waiting for March SW to open this morning... the website on my phone updated to accepting res until Feb 13th, 2021 for about 2 minutes but now we're back to Jan 4th. The website on my computer still hasn't updated. Hopefully soon!!!
I'm waiting too. 😁

I’m not in the huge hurry to book the minute they open up schedule this time around...the last time the schedule was extended I booked flights immediately for Dec. and since then I’ve rebooked 5 times as fares dropped over 50% for my dates....

I remember the good old days when they used to post first thing in the morning, we could book our flights and get on with our day... ugg. We have three dentist/orthodonist appointments today! I want to get this done first!
I know, it's like pulling teeth! Sorry, I couldn't resist! :rolleyes1 Waiting for my BDL/MCO flights to load for January!

I’m not in the huge hurry to book the minute they open up schedule this time around...the last time the schedule was extended I booked flights immediately for Dec. and since then I’ve rebooked 5 times as fares dropped over 50% for my dates....

Same for us. Always got lower costs than opening day for the past 2 years.

"We are currently accepting air reservations through April 11, 2021. On November 12, 2020 we will open our schedule for sale through June 5, 2021. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently. "

Same for us. Always got lower costs than opening day for the past 2 years.

I just realized I can use points to book something today and then make changes or upgrade without losing the points instead of using my travel funds...so I might as well do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter