Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Need to understand the SW vouchers we received from our May trip cancellation to WDW. We cancelled our trip in late March and now have what I understand to be vouchers (is this correct or are they called something else?) We are/were planning on rescheduling for May 2021 but are having doubts and are considering waiting until May 2022. Will are vouchers be good until fall 2022?

You can check the expiration date of your vouchers on the Southwest site. You are probably close to the date they began extending the expiration dates to 9/7/22. If you cancelled outside the start date, you can still take advantage of the extension. You would have to book flight(s) of the same value as your current travel funds then cancel the flights prior to 9/7/20. The new travel funds created will get the extended expiration date the day after you cancel. OR if you have, or can open, SWA Rapid Rewards accounts for everyone with travel funds, you can convert them to points which never expire and will have no restrictions as to how and for whom they are used. The conversion rate is very good.

My experience for the peak vacation dates (out of a small regional airport) is to jump on whatever works for our dates, upon release. Usually, the rates don't get any better after the initial release date. One year they added a direct from my airport after the release date and I got lucky with much cheaper rates, but this year will likely see far fewer flights than in previous years.

EBCI question. I know it states EBCI is non refundable but if I change my flight, is it transferrable to the new flight? As of today my 9/9 trip is still on but if something happens such as Florida reinstating a quarantine order we may need to reschedule.

EBCI question. I know it states EBCI is non refundable but if I change my flight, is it transferrable to the new flight? As of today my 9/9 trip is still on but if something happens such as Florida reinstating a quarantine order we may need to reschedule.
Yes it can be transferred.
Do NOT cancel your flight. You will lose EBCI.
I’m not sure if you can change it online. I always call. Be sure to ask for EBCI to be transferred.

Last edited:
Yes it can be transferred.
Do NOT cancel your flight. You will lose EBCI.
I’m not sure if you change it online. I always call. Be sure to ask for EBI to be transferred.
Thank you! I never do EBCI but this is the 1st time we have a connecting flight so this boarding number is extra important. Of course there is only 35 minutes between the arrival and departure of connecting flight and with my luck we will be late and end up boarding last anyway.

Southwest is again making changes, going through October flights. Check your upcoming travel for a banner, which will allow changes to your flights and dates, within a 30 day window, either side, at no additional cost. Normally, the option for the no-charge change only is available for a few days.

Southwest is again making changes, going through October flights. Check your upcoming travel for a banner, which will allow changes to your flights and dates, within a 30 day window, either side, at no additional cost. Normally, the option for the no-charge change only is available for a few days.

I’ve been reading on this thread for months now about SW changing everybody’s flights and making non-stops into changers, and it finally happened to me yesterday. I was SO psyched that we got the only non-stop flight each day for our DEN-FLL trip for fall break. Booked it just last week. Now our return is through Atlanta. We haven’t changed planes in years! (Hope I remember how to!) Still, I got the flights for $58, on points, each way, so I’m not complaining too loudly!

I’ve been reading on this thread for months now about SW changing everybody’s flights and making non-stops into changers, and it finally happened to me yesterday. I was SO psyched that we got the only non-stop flight each day for our DEN-FLL trip for fall break. Booked it just last week. Now our return is through Atlanta. We haven’t changed planes in years! (Hope I remember how to!) Still, I got the flights for $58, on points, each way, so I’m not complaining too loudly!
It is easy to connect at ATL - all gates are on one concourse and all in a row.

My DD got an email about a change to her flight MCO to BDL moving a few hours later but still non-stop last night. This morning (thanks for the head up Shoreward!) her non-stop back down was changed to a 2 stop puddle jumper! Couldn't make any changes on line so called & held for 20 minutes. Got a really nice CSR & moved that to a nonstop in the AM. Losing a day with my daughter but the flight is half as long. I gotta pay more attention to both this trip and the November one I have booked with the grandson.

I had $92.96 in various travel funds, some I had to look up they weren't listed. I switched to points and gained 7,250. I don't know if that's a good deal, but they won't expire. I have two additional flights to cancel, scheduled for next week. :( I may keep those as travel funds for the short term. Off I go to cancel.

I think most, if not all of us, have found that we gain points by converting. They are actually giving more than paying for a flight of that same dollar amount would cost with points. We gained 1200 points from my husband's $144 travel funds in the conversion.

I cancelled 2 flights last week and changed both into travel funds. Originally paid $95 and $85 and received almost 13,500 RR points that won't expire. Very happy with that for sure as I already had over 22,000 points. Takes a teeny bit of the sting out of (probably) cancelling our upcoming trip.

I looked for flights out of Toronto yesterday and sadly it looks like those will also not work. WestJest isn't flying from Toronto to Orlando until October. I found a good priced Air Canada flight but it meant a 22 hour stopover in Ft Lauderdale each direction. :(

Looking more and more like this trip isn't going to happen..... :sad: Hard to give up on it as we booked it almost a year ago.

I cancelled 2 flights last week and changed both into travel funds. Originally paid $95 and $85 and received almost 13,500 RR points that won't expire. Very happy with that for sure as I already had over 22,000 points. Takes a teeny bit of the sting out of (probably) cancelling our upcoming trip.

I looked for flights out of Toronto yesterday and sadly it looks like those will also not work. WestJest isn't flying from Toronto to Orlando until October. I found a good priced Air Canada flight but it meant a 22 hour stopover in Ft Lauderdale each direction. :(

Looking more and more like this trip isn't going to happen..... :sad: Hard to give up on it as we booked it almost a year ago.
Have you checked flights on United, YYZ-MCO? Fares are not as low as Southwest, and there is a fee for checked bags, but the overall flight duration is not bad, with one connection, and under 6 hours total travel time...just in case you really still want to get that WDW trip in. :)

Have you checked flights on United, YYZ-MCO? Fares are not as low as Southwest, and there is a fee for checked bags, but the overall flight duration is not bad, with one connection, and under 6 hours total travel time...just in case you really still want to get that WDW trip in. :)
I haven't but I will now! Thanks!! I wondered what my other options might be. Appreciate your help!

Last edited:
Flights are still running but much less often.

I literally thought they meant “no travel” allowed. I don’t understand how they are stopping people from driving across the boarder but still letting you fly in. (Not you personally, lol). There are still news stories about people not being allowed to cross the boarder to go to their vacation houses etc. A coworker just called to ask if she could cross the boarder... she has to take her daughter to college in Michigan & it’s faster to drive thru Ontario. Nope, they won’t be allowed into Canada. Folks can’t come over to shop or do tourist stuff here. I‘m not understanding why flying is OK but driving isn’t.

I literally thought they meant “no travel” allowed. I don’t understand how they are stopping people from driving across the boarder but still letting you fly in. (Not you personally, lol). There are still news stories about people not being allowed to cross the boarder to go to their vacation houses etc. A coworker just called to ask if she could cross the boarder... she has to take her daughter to college in Michigan & it’s faster to drive thru Ontario. Nope, they won’t be allowed into Canada. Folks can’t come over to shop or do tourist stuff here. I‘m not understanding why flying is OK but driving isn’t.
Non-essential travel is not permitted at this point. There may still be reasons why someone can cross (would be listed in exemptions).

As far as your co-worker's daughter my assumption is they probably see that because there is another route not through Canada and the reason for going and deemed it as not a permissible reason to cross the borders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter