Post your PBH room assignments

Motherfletcher

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
We have quite a good thread for rooms at RPR and one started for HRH.
We can really benefit from the experiences of others that have stayed at PBH. Tell us about the room - room number, floor, wing, view, club, deluxe, smoking, distance from elevator, room damage, beds (king or 2 queens), suites and BALCONIES!??? We should be able to outdo TripAdvisor's reviews.
I hope RyGuy has records of his stays?
Thanks to all that reply!

Rm 2548, Villa Wing, King Bed, Deluxe Room.

I believe this may be a club level room, although we were given the room without club privileges.

Room condition was excellent. It had a faux balcony (the doors were nailed shut as there wouldn't have been enough room to stand on the "balcony."). It wasn't unreasonably far from the elevators (just around the corner, not at the end of the hall from the elevators), and the elevator vestibule you went down let you out next to the shops and Thirsty Fish.

I don't recall this being a smoking room, as BF is a smoker and he always went outside to smoke.

We had a view of the Villa Pool.

The lobby/check in is on the 3rd floor as is the Club Lounge.The resort has 3 wings similar to RPR.
The Villa Wing houses the deluxe rooms on the lower floors and Club Rooms on floors 5 and 6.

Rooms 2395 and 2397 are adjoining deluxe rooms each with 2 queens and non-smoking. The 2 is the wing (Villa) number. The 3 is the floor number( main floor) and the last two are the room numbers. These rooms are on the left side and at the very end of the hallway. The Club Lounge was over 700 feet away.:mad:
The view is of a grass field and a lake quite a ways away. yawn
These have to be the quietest rooms in the resort. I wouldn't request them unless you just want to sleep.
The rooms were more than 500 square feet each. They had the oversized bath with a separate shower. There is a louvered shutter window over the bath that opens to the room. The deluxe room has a fax machine, 2 robes, CD/DVD player that garden and bay view don't.
We got the rooms for $239 each and got buffet breakfast at Trattorio with the 'bed and breakfast' rates.

Room 1458
Bay View, 2 queens, no smoking about half way down the east wing on the 4th floor. The room had about 485 sq. ft. The room had a faux balcony that would be hard to stand on but the doors did open. The view is of the fishing boats, the dock for the water taxi and the piazza to the right. It was quite a long walk to the water taxi.
I have read that PBH has 255 bay view rooms out of the 750 total.

OK, since no one else wants to play I'll go again.
Room 2561
Club room with 2 queens, no smoking, with a great view of the Beach Pool.
I've read that there are only 28 Club rooms out of the hotel's 750 rooms.
Not too far from elevator.

Distances from Club to:
Bus stop 360'
Water taxi dock 725'
USO turnstile 4260'

OK Motherfletcher. Here is what I have.

2290 is deluxe room with 2 queen beds located far back in the villa wing. It has a patio surrounded by bushes and in the distance is the villa pool. We cut through the bushes but it wasn't very easy. Even though the second digit of the room number is 2, it still had a ground floor patio.

2641 is also a deluxe room with 2 queen beds. This is a connecting room to one of the Governatore parlors. It has a view of the piazza mainly but you can see the bay to the right side. I would have loved to have had the parlor next door. This rooms is very very close the elevators.

3451 is a kid's suite in the west wing with a bay view. there is king bed in the main room and two small twin beds in the kids portion of the room. There is only one bathroom but it is the same as the deluxe bathrooms. This suite has a step out balcony. There isn't very much room but it was nice to have.

I will post info on the villa suites I have stayed in a little later.

3531 is a deluxe room with two queen beds, a view of the bay and a covered balcony. It is my favorite deluxe room in the hotel. The covered balcony with table and chairs is really cool because it is coverd all around for privacy but it also has several openings in the concrete to allow for a view. It is the first room from the elevator on the top floor of the west wing. The view is fantastic!

3533 is a villa parlor that connects to 3531. The villa parlors are very spacious and this one has a double balcony with table and chairs providing a beautiful view of the bay.

3557 is also a deluxe room with two queen beds, a view of the bay and a covered balcony. This room is located a little farther away from the elevator but not a bad walk at all as the west wing is not that long. The view of the bay is nice but not as great as 3531.

3553 is a villa parlor that connects to 3557. This parlor also has a double balcony but with two sets of table and chairs.

If you are planning on staying in a villa suite, I would definitely recommend one of these. You can get a connecting king deluxe room instead of two queens but you won't get the covered balconies. Only three of the six villa suites have balconies. The rest have floor to ceiling windows.

This room we have had twice and just love it. It is looking at the garden area beside the Villa Pool. We watched a wedding on one visit. It is a Deluxe Room in the Villa section with a 2 Queen Connecting Room.

Avoid this room! 2 queen beds, bay view - which is obscured by 3 huge trees. Carpet dirty, bath cracked, ceiling light in bathroom and entrance way don't work, TV very bad picture. Sorry if this spoils anyone's ideas about the PBH but the HRH is by far the superior hotel!

Originally posted by Debs1505
Avoid this room! 2 queen beds, bay view - which is obscured by 3 huge trees. Carpet dirty, bath cracked, ceiling light in bathroom and entrance way don't work, TV very bad picture. Sorry if this spoils anyone's ideas about the PBH but the HRH is by far the superior hotel!
Meant to add that this room is in the West Wing, near the beach pool (which is good) and a 2 min walk to the water taxi.

Originally posted by Debs1505

Not IMO, I have had horrrible experiences at HRH. My preferences are PBH and RPR.

What is the main difference between the garden rooms and the deluxe? I have always stayed in the deluxe and the price looks too good for just one night in the garden view. Do they still have a big shower? Does anyone have pictures of a garden room? Any help would be appreciated.

if you want to be close to the main pool and water taxi what wing should you be in
maria

The West wing is closer to the Beach Pool (with slide) and the water taxi dock.

I moved this over from another thread. Thanks redfieldmjr!

redfieldmjr
DIS Veteran

I just returned from PBH , a three night stay in room 1502. I had requested a balcony and they were able to accomodate me. The room overlooked the bay and piazza. I was a bit concerned about the condition of the hotel as well but decided to try it again this year. We have stayed at both PBH and HRH in the past.
The room we had was in pretty good shape. The carpet was slightly stained in a couple of places, but, it looked like it had been cleaned and a few residual spots remained. The bathroom was in excellent condition and there were fresh flowers by the sinks. The furniture was also in good condition. If I had to make a suggestion to housekeeping I would suggest they do a quick
cleaning of the balcony floor between guests. There were quite a few spills and it did detract from the look of the balcony. Otherwise, I was pleased - it was a romantic and relaxing get away!

I have a ressie for a deulxe king, bay room. Most of the room assignments I've been seeing are queens. I'd love to request a balcony, and I'm surprised at all of the "faux" ones mentioned.

Anyone stay in a great deluxe king with a bay view? I'd live a room recommendation...

Thanks!

pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate: :yo-yo: pirate:

mega13,

3537 and 3551 are deluxe king rooms with great views of the bay. They are on the 5th floor of the west wing and close to the elevator. They both have balconies.

We are Plat. Loews and have a ressie for std room for one night with the portofino suite. Does anyone know where these are located and what view they have? I have had deluxe rooms before and I am familar with the villa wing. Should I ask for a deluxe upgrade also? I was not able to book deluxe and also get the villa to book free with it. Their computer system will not do that, but they said I should ask at check in.

RyGuy - I need to pick your brain. What is your opinion or anyone elses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter