Post your PBH room assignments

Originally posted by FeeFeeWhite
We are Plat. Loews and have a ressie for std room for one night with the portofino suite.
We are also Platinum Loews members and got NOTHING in benefit from the PBH. When we asked if our 'free amenity' could be delivered - they said we weren't entitled until I went down to the desk with my Platinum card. Sorry, they did 'up-grade' us but it seemed pretty pointless as there were 4 or 5 huge trees in front of the window so we could have been anywhere! There were a few faults with the room - 2 ceiling lights didnt work, an electric socket was hanging off the wall, 1 coffee mug between 4 of us, badly cracked bath - mentioned these to the front desk immediately but nothing was done. Have stayed at the HRH several times and would go no where else but there from now on - service/rooms/attitude of staff 100% better at the HRH. I think Loews needs to have a good look at the PBH and sort it out! Hopefully ours was a 'one off' situation and that you enjoy your holiday!! Let me know how you holiday goes!!

All I have to say is that if I come across ANY of that for what I am paying per night for our room, I will throw a HUGE stink and tell everyone I know. Imgaine the kind of room and services and amenities I would get for over $300 a night in Vegas.
:earseek:

It's one thing if I got the kind of discount I got like in the WDW resorts. Then maybe those kinds of "hiccups" would be a little more tolerable. But I wasn't eligible for any discounts at all, and I am paying rack rate. Portofino better start preparing things now... I'll be coming down in January!

FeeFeeWhite,

I believe that the Portofino suites are located througout the east and west wings of the hotel so the view could be of the beach pool, bay or gardens. I think that a few may have balconies but the majority don't. Portofino parlors only connect to standard rooms so you wouldn't be able to get a deluxe room unless they upgraded you to a villa parlor. I am Platinum also and I had a Portofino palor reserved last August. I was upgraded to a villa parlor and connecting deluxe room. You might want to ask about it at check-in. If you have any more questions just ask.

Just got back tonight from 4 nights at the Portofino, Bay View, West Wing, Room 3131. It's on the first floor, which I thought we wouldn't like, but we LOVED it. It's the first room in, near the elevators.

There's a metal, two-seater bench outside the French doors, which of course, open. Every morning, my DH would drink his coffee and read the paper (and sometimes I'd join him) out there. Sometimes, during "down time", DH and DS(11) would toss a small football outside. I also enjoyed people watching. :)

We could easily make it to catch the boat when we saw it docked. The room was clean and in good condition.

Was supposed to go to PBH on NYE, but DH got sick and we had to cancel. The hotel was really nice about cancelling and refunded the deposit w/out question. We rebooked for the 3rd weekend in January. We know the parks will be closing early and it might not be as exiciting as over NYE's, but we got a great rate 149 for a bay view (on Friday and Saturday) the rate goes up to 149, but the average is 165. We have never been to the PBH or Universal--we are longtime Disney lovers (YC) who decided to try something new and got much better prices for Univeral. Can anyone give me some info about the PBH--what to do, what not to do, restaurants, etc. We have a Bay View King and would love to request a nice room--does anyone have any room assignment suggestions for a Bay View King-size in the West Wing (I heard the West is a lot closer to things)?

p.s. forgot to mention that we got the good rate with an Annual Pass rate.

We have booked a Club level room for 10/23-10/27. Does anyone know what these rooms are like and where they would be located? We requested a bayview w/ balconey. What are the chances of getting it?

Last yr we stayed at the HRH and there was no chance for an upgrade and no view requests were honored

The club rooms at PBH are deluxe rooms with the big bathrooms that everyone loves so much. The club rooms are said to be on the 5th and 6th floors of the villa wing but they can put you in any deluxe room and just give you access to the club lounge which is located off the lobby on the third floor. There are not very many deluxe rooms with bay views and balconies so you chances are probably not that great. October is also very busy with HHN and all. Good Luck in having your requests honored.

I have a Parlor with a deluxe king and a deluxe 2 queen attached to it booked for July. Any idea where this might be?

Thanks!

Yes, If you have a parlor connecting to deluxe rooms then you must have a Villa parlor. Is that right? If so, you are going to be very pleased. There are six of these suites in the hotel. Two are in the west wing and four are in the villa wing. The four in the villa wing have floor to celing windows but no balconies. The two in the west wing however have full balconies for each bedroom and a triple balcony for the parlor. Some of the bedrooms even have covered balconies to shield the weather. Definitely request one of these in the west wing. 3531(2Q),3533(parlor),3537(K) OR
3551(K),3553(parlor),3557(2Q). The first suite configuration I mentioned is just off the elevators and has the better view of the bay.

Thanks RyGuy. After reading your post, I called and confirmed that it was actually a Villa Suite. The wonderful lady at the Portofino front desk told me it was over 700sq feet. Wow - couldn't ask for a better upgrade!! And I did request one of the two villas in the West Wing. Thanks so much for all the info!!!!

Actually since you have the villa suite with the connecting dlx's on each side you have a total of 1840 sq ft.

We stayed in a villa suite, they are amazing! You get an extra bathroom in the parlor and a great mini kitchen off the dining room with a fridge and microwave.

When we checked in and they handed me lots of room keys we didnt know why but there are 4 different entrances with the 2 bedroom.

Enjoy! You are in for a treat :)

Thank you for the great information on this thread. It has been very helpful.

Can anyone tell me whether all of the Villa Suites are bay view? We usually prefer the top floor of hotels. Are any of these suites on the top (6th?) floor? If we are not club, can we still stay on the top floors? I am guessing yes, since I think I read on this thread that the club lounge is actually near the lobby as opposed to a specific area near the club rooms like at HRH and RPR.

goofy! said:
Thanks RyGuy. After reading your post, I called and confirmed that it was actually a Villa Suite. The wonderful lady at the Portofino front desk told me it was over 700sq feet. Wow - couldn't ask for a better upgrade!! And I did request one of the two villas in the West Wing. Thanks so much for all the info!!!!

I've had the Villa Suite. It's great, you will love it!!

Okay, since you bumped it!

I was at PBH last week. Not as a guest. Couldn't help an evening at UO while attending a conference at the Marriot World Center. Of course I took a boatride over to PBH to get a birds eye view of the West Wing. After looking at it from the outside, I decided to call and try to change from a King Suite with Villa Parlor to a Queen Suite with Villa Parlor since the queens have a covered balcony. Well...the queen is no longer available, but the front desk lady let it slip that we will be in 3551 and 3553! :banana: This is second only to 3531 and 3533 which by process of elimination, Goofy and co will be in. Thanks for all the great info on this thread! I never would have known what to request without looking at the posts here!

:banana: Howdy Neighbor!! :banana:

Very, very cool!

I second the thank you for all the great info, especially about the villa suites!!!

-Shelley

I'm glad you guys got what you wanted. You will love those suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter