Predictions or rumors about Magic 2023 dry dock?

That's a really helpful perspective, thank you! I didn't know it was regularly required for inspection but that makes sense.

The promenade lounge is the piece I'm worried about. I get that it's kind of lame compared to similar spaces on the other ships; I just really appreciated having that play area next to it for small kids and I'm hoping to get on there with my toddler before it inevitably gets rethemed away!
That play area has been gone for awhile now.

MJ

We just got off the last sailing as well. Here's what I observed/found out:

1) The play area I wanted to see was, as someone else already mentioned, already 'gone' in that it was filled with tables and chairs instead of the old foam blocks and things. It's the weird separated area on the far end closest to Rapunzel's that has bench seating all the way around. I'm guessing that it just never returned as a play area after the pandemic. So it goes, at least now it won't be a loss when it gets rethemed (assuming it does, I did not get any confirmation of this).

2) My server told me that in Animator's, for example, they will replace all the TV screens and the flooring. I assume similar work will be done in the other restaurants.

3) I also heard a lot of electrical work as well as structural work to fix things like leaks (which we did not experience as we had no rain but I heard were bad on previous cruises that hit storms).

4) For the concierge lounge, it will be expanded along the same lines as the Wonder but not exactly the same because that is more work than could be done in three weeks. It will be expanded out the lefthand side; the righthand side with the sun deck will remain the same (so no upstairs sun deck like the Wonder). The bar area will be expanded and it sounded like a few other things inside would be rearranged.

5) They were already ripping out carpet when we were disembarking so I assume a lot of the carpet will be replaced. I would also be shocked if they don't address the sad chandelier in the atrium.

The crew I talked to were very open about their...lack of enthusiasm for going into dry dock. It sounded like the server team will have to serve the crew of contractors which they were not excited about. My server also mentioned they won't have AC so everyone was buying fans in Cozumel. So, fingers crossed that the weather there isn't bad and the time goes swiftly for everyone. I'm excited to hear from those on the early post-dry-dock cruises about what ends up getting changed!

The crew I talked to were very open about their...lack of enthusiasm for going into dry dock. It sounded like the server team will have to serve the crew of contractors which they were not excited about. My server also mentioned they won't have AC so everyone was buying fans in Cozumel. So, fingers crossed that the weather there isn't bad and the time goes swiftly for everyone. I'm excited to hear from those on the early post-dry-dock cruises about what ends up getting changed!
The crew members that rely on tips probably aren't making nearly as much for the next few weeks. That alone would be enough to dampen their moods. Then, add the noise and smells and disruptions from the construction...

We just got off the last sailing as well. Here's what I observed/found out:

1) The play area I wanted to see was, as someone else already mentioned, already 'gone' in that it was filled with tables and chairs instead of the old foam blocks and things. It's the weird separated area on the far end closest to Rapunzel's that has bench seating all the way around. I'm guessing that it just never returned as a play area after the pandemic. So it goes, at least now it won't be a loss when it gets rethemed (assuming it does, I did not get any confirmation of this).

2) My server told me that in Animator's, for example, they will replace all the TV screens and the flooring. I assume similar work will be done in the other restaurants.

3) I also heard a lot of electrical work as well as structural work to fix things like leaks (which we did not experience as we had no rain but I heard were bad on previous cruises that hit storms).

4) For the concierge lounge, it will be expanded along the same lines as the Wonder but not exactly the same because that is more work than could be done in three weeks. It will be expanded out the lefthand side; the righthand side with the sun deck will remain the same (so no upstairs sun deck like the Wonder). The bar area will be expanded and it sounded like a few other things inside would be rearranged.

5) They were already ripping out carpet when we were disembarking so I assume a lot of the carpet will be replaced. I would also be shocked if they don't address the sad chandelier in the atrium.

Where was carpet already being ripped out?

Out of curiosity, what was the play area? I remember it used to have a computer station next to the large area of the Lounge.
It was an area that had some toys and large foam building blocks that kids could use to make forts or structures to climb on. A few times a day they would have a CM come in and hold playtime with the toddlers. What was nice was that it had a solid gate that could be closed so the toddlers could not escape. It was a place where parents could sit down and watch their kids do some free play. It was never really packed but we enjoyed it very much.

DSCN4949.JPGDSCN4950.JPGDSCN6836.JPGDSCN6842.JPGDSCN6857.JPGDSCN6873.JPGDSCN6841.JPG

The weird play area next to the bar was just more bar with no walls built in back in 2011 and before. Then it changed with the addition of the wall to a small business/media center of sorts where you could send email to reach back home. Most people didn’t always have high tech phones like they do now.
My child is 23 so I don’t need this, but that place seems perfect for the too-young-for-clubs groups. Seems like they should have a small area to entertain as well. Put out some wipes, but sound toys are an important part of those places so not by the bar.

A cast member shared that the cabin hallway carpet is being replaced. Currently four stars are on the world map pictured on the carpet with each star representing each of the first four ships. With the new ships, the carpet needs to be updated.

A cast member shared that the cabin hallway carpet is being replaced. Currently four stars are on the world map pictured on the carpet with each star representing each of the first four ships. With the new ships, the carpet needs to be updated.
Are they going to add three (four?) more stars now (for the Triton class ships and the Global Dream)? Or only add one star since the Wish is the only new ship sailing at the moment (but then the carpet would be out of date in another year or so)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter