͏

I read somewhere the expected battery life but can't remember where, does anyone have that info? I bought an Alice in Wonderland band 3 or 4 years ago and never got around to using it, it's still in the original packaging, even an inactivated battery would not last that long correct? I'm thinking it is no longer an option to use.

If you are worried you can just change the puck part.. get a color that goes with your band

Just curious--you can have multiple MBs linked to your account, why did you deactivate your Galaxy's Edge one?

Its in my SW GE display cabinet, as I thought when I have my next trip i would pick a new magic band. Should I have not of deactivated it?

Its in my SW GE display cabinet, as I thought when I have my next trip i would pick a new magic band. Should I have not of deactivated it?

Oh no, if you have it in a display cabinet and definitely aren't going to be using it, then of course you can deactivate it :) I was just worried that you thought you had to deactivate it to have a new one :) (granted, there are people who have to deactivate some because they have too many linked up after years of multiple trips and the system goes a bit wonky)

Oh no, if you have it in a display cabinet and definitely aren't going to be using it, then of course you can deactivate it :) I was just worried that you thought you had to deactivate it to have a new one :) (granted, there are people who have to deactivate some because they have too many linked up after years of multiple trips and the system goes a bit wonky)
So you can have as many active magicbands you want, so does whatever your holiday plans etc appear on each band so you can have a different band each day of your holiday Or do you need to do something so its only on one?

So you can have as many active magicbands you want, so does whatever your holiday plans etc appear on each band so you can have a different band each day of your holiday Or do you need to do something so its only on one?

Yup! The magicband is just a link to your MDE account; the information isn't stored on the magicband itself. I currently have three bands; one from 2015 (which still works for touchpoints, just not long distance for my name showing up in ride queues and such), one we got with our 2019 hotel booking, and one for our 2020 hotel booking. As long as they're listed in your account as active, you can use it. You don't have to do anything on each day to activate it. And you could wear a different band each day of your trip. The only problem I've heard is that there have been some malfunctions when people have a lot of bands (like double digits), they've run into some issues and had to go to the front desk to resolve when their hotel room wouldn't open.

Yup! The magicband is just a link to your MDE account; the information isn't stored on the magicband itself. I currently have three bands; one from 2015 (which still works for touchpoints, just not long distance for my name showing up in ride queues and such), one we got with our 2019 hotel booking, and one for our 2020 hotel booking. As long as they're listed in your account as active, you can use it. You don't have to do anything on each day to activate it. And you could wear a different band each day of your trip. The only problem I've heard is that there have been some malfunctions when people have a lot of bands (like double digits), they've run into some issues and had to go to the front desk to resolve when their hotel room wouldn't open.
Yes, too many magic bands (whether active or deactivate) can cause major issues. My DS was not able to use his MB at all on our last trip and we had to spend a long time at guest services. We missed all our FPs for the day. We deleted all the spares and now have 3 per person and won’t get any more.

if you are based in the lower 48 states, most people have received their MagicBands soon after they ordered them (though some have had issues); in the past, I know we've received ours well ahead of our trip but logistics with COVID-19 and reduced staff may be affecting things; if you're in AK, HI, or international they send them to your resort

in my experience, once you order a MagicBand (complimentary or premium) you don't have an option to select a new one; so unfortunately if you lock-in a free colored MagicBand, you may have to pay retail for any other one you like; the effective discount (14.99 USD) is the same for the Castle & Fireworks or any of the complimentary solid colored ones so that won't help in your decision making; tough spot to be in!

for the daily updates ...
update for 3 Aug 2020; Fantasmic! disappeared​

Thanks. On another thread someone said they'd ordered the complimentary via MDE and when they went back to the 'customize your MB' page there was a button to 'modify your order'. Wonder what that button was for? The person who posted assumed it was so you could 'upgrade' from the complimentary to a premium one.🤷🏼‍♀️

I guess I'll wait and order them around the 1st of December. The worst that can happen is that they change MDE before then so you get charged based on your arrival date. Free or discounted is better of course but in the long run what's another $30-$50 for 2 bands on top of the price of a WDW vacation?

Thanks for the link. I notice in the post it says "DVC owner, not AP". Does this mean that some of the bands you're showing are not available on MDE to us 'regular' people?

ooo, that's nice! I wonder if there is some time between ordering and shipping when you can go in and change your mind? I checked one of my orders for Oct (paid for them in Feb) and unfortunately I can't modify that one; though I'm also in 🇨🇦 so maybe there is more flexibility in the lower 48 states?
If the order is for all complementary MBs, it can be changed until they start to process the order. If you order any Premium MBs, the entire order is not changeable.

had to 🤣 at 'regular'; I'm not entirely sure if the MagicBand selection is different but I figured it would explain it if folks didn't see something from my list when they checked their My Disney Experience
Affiliation (AP, DVC, etc.) does not affect the list of available MBs.

My son really wants the train MB but its 24.99 on shop Disney I hate spending this when he gets a free one. I looked into buying a used one just replacing it with our puck... but they want the same money used.
So now im thinking of a decal from etsy.
They have a monorail one for 5.00
I've gotten decals from this company.
https://www.magicyourband.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=monorail
Sorry if this info is a duplicate. I didn't read the whole thread.

ooo, that's nice! I wonder if there is some time between ordering and shipping when you can go in and change your mind? I checked one of my orders for Oct (paid for them in Feb) and unfortunately I can't modify that one; though I'm also in 🇨🇦 so maybe there is more flexibility in the lower 48 states?

had to 🤣 at 'regular'; I'm not entirely sure if the MagicBand selection is different but I figured it would explain it if folks didn't see something from my list when they checked their My Disney Experience

RE lower 48; I'm in California and I'm sure the poster was in the lower 48 too. Maybe that is the difference. As with a lot of things Disney-IT-wise sometimes you just have to go with the flow and not ask too many questions.

Good idea re specifying. Yes, there was one I thought was cute that isn't on MDE for me. I'm hoping it pops up before 12/1. lol

If the order is for all complementary MBs, it can be changed until they start to process the order. If you order any Premium MBs, the entire order is not changeable.

Affiliation (AP, DVC, etc.) does not affect the list of available MBs.

Thanks for the clarification. But do you know if they start processing the order for complementary MB right away (our trip isn't until next May) or do they wait until the 'deadline' dates (closer to arrival) for shipping the package?

Hmmm, I'll have to check the MDE list of premiums more closely. I swear there was one I liked on I<3riviera's list that I didn't see on MDE but maybe I was scrolling too fast. Wouldn't be surprised, I get excited easily when it comes to Disney merch of any kind😜

Thanks for the clarification. But do you know if they start processing the order for complementary MB right away (our trip isn't until next May) or do they wait until the 'deadline' dates (closer to arrival) for shipping the package?
Typically, they start processing orders that are all complementary MBs at 30 days out from check in.

I have a split trip in Jan. Already have the bands from the first part, Just ordered the second part on Sat. The first set took about a month and a half to get here. This time hope it doesn't take that long.

Husband just tried an online chat but the CM could not understand that our magic bands are not getting sent to us as we are in the UK and they are going to the hotel. I can still see the new band pic with his r2d2 avatar in my app but its not showing in his. Are they supposed to appear pretty much straight away in MDE when you have paid for your magic bands? Our trip isn't until next December but I'll end up forgetting if its not sorted if I need to do something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter