Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

Okay, I need ideas... sad, perhaps, but we've never managed to figure out other vacation ideas that sounded equally fun and worth the expense and effort for the entire family, so Disneyland is the only family vacation we've ever done! I'd love to know of other fun family adventure vacation ideas for people that love Disneyland! Any suggestions...???
What ages are your kids, and where do you live?

I wonder if LMTC has raised their prices?

I called right away this morning. There prices had not gone up yet - she did not know when. I got 4 Day PH tickets for $323 each. So grabbed those for May trip. I will just add Maxpass on at the park but probably not for all of the days.

I am kicking myself for not adding the max pass on yesterday when I got my Canadian tickets offer... ugh!!! that is a dole whip a day it is costing me.

Could you still add it? It's my understanding passes can be used as credit towards new passes? Could you cancel and re-purchase?

So even though tickets don't become available for purchase until April, they will still be in at the $340 price?

Have you tried calling the convention line and purchasing the tickets? I'm previous years I was able to add convention tickets to my booking before the link showed up on the convention website

Okay, I need ideas... sad, perhaps, but we've never managed to figure out other vacation ideas that sounded equally fun and worth the expense and effort for the entire family, so Disneyland is the only family vacation we've ever done! I'd love to know of other fun family adventure vacation ideas for people that love Disneyland! Any suggestions...???
Before we changed gears and booked our April trip, we had considered San Diego. There is SO MUCH to do for families there, the zoo, SeaWorld, the Midway, etc. Last fall we did ABQ and the balloon fiesta, was really neat.

Boo, I almost bought my tickets last night, but blew it off because I was tired.

It'll cost me $20, but that's $20 that could still be in my pocket!

Reactions: EmJ
Before we changed gears and booked our April trip, we had considered San Diego. There is SO MUCH to do for families there, the zoo, SeaWorld, the Midway, etc. Last fall we did ABQ and the balloon fiesta, was really neat.
We love Legoland too. I know it’s nowhere near as slick as Disney, but it’s affordable and fun, and my son thinks both on-site hotels are just the bees knees. The new Castle Hotel pool and playground are lots of fun for out-of-park downtime. We can do Legoland for a solid three/four days, and then the other activities you mentioned in San Diego round out the week.

I'm glad I bought mine a month ago, anticipating just this news. The MaxPass increase is a blow, though - I bought through LMTC, so no possibility of adding it then. I'd still buy through them than any of the other discounters, though - still cheaper even adding the MP increase.

Maui? Flights a bit cheaper now compared to a few years ago and if you rent a condo you can keep food costs down. Plus no park tickets to buy. Some of the best family beaches in the world!

Our family loves to ski, and I honestly love skiing through beautiful scenery with my kids as much as being at Disney. But it's probably more expensive than Disney when you consider the gear and lessons. You really need to invest in a few years as beginners before it's truly awesome.

We started going on cruises 4 or 5 years ago. They offer a great value if you watch carefully for deals. If you live on one of the coasts even better as you can avoid airline flights.

We have done Alaska on Disney.
Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.
Mexican Riviera on Norwegian twice.

There is always things to do. A little research or a conversation with a travel agency can give you a great feeling about which cruise line best meets the needs of your family. We loved Disney the best but it is very pricey compared to other options. Royal Caribbean was a close second. We didn't enjoy Norwegian much.

I'm totally confused about the different tiers. Where can I find what days the tiers will be? So if I buy the wrong tier ticket I'll be held at gate and have to pay difference? Thanks

I just got off the phone with Betty from LMTC. Bought a five-day park hopper for the old price ($325.77). She was a pleasure to work with. She said I can add the ticket to my app or print it out and take it right to the turnstile. No need to visit the ticket booth before entering the park. I'm planning on upgrading this to a Flex AP for my son when we go next. I'll report back if the price was bridged or not.

I'm looking to buy 4 Parkhoppers with MaxPass for April. It looks like the best deal with the old prices right now is Get Away Today if I use the "Get One Day Free" deal (even though I won't be able to use the 5th day), with a price of $420 per ticket. I'll keep researching but I'd love to hear if anyone else has advice for saving and dodging the price increase. Thanks!
I just got off the phone with Betty from LMTC. Bought a five-day park hopper for the old price ($325.77). I have not seen a better deal honestly. You have to call though. 888-591-2799 – Ext: 17809

Wow! LMTC is significantly cheaper than other places. Thanks for the tip. Do they email you tickets or mail them?

Wow! LMTC is significantly cheaper than other places. Thanks for the tip. Do they email you tickets or mail them?
They email you a PDF of the voucher. I got mine immediately as we are going next week. She said I can take it right to the turnstile although my voucher does not have a barcode so I'll report back what happens when we go. Even if I have to visit the ticket booth $90 savings is worth it! Note that I got the "old" LMTC price before today's ticket increases. I'm not sure how long LMTC will be selling tickets at the old prices (not long I would imagine!).

We are still a Disney family, so I haven't been able to completely move away from it, but we've started cruising again recently. We've done two already (Caribbean and Alaska) and have two coming up (Mexican Riviera and another Caribbean). Deals can be had and it helps when all your expenses are included in your sail price (or can if you elect not to add extras). We have sailed Royal Caribbean and are trying Carnival over the summer (unfortunately, Disney Cruise Line is way over priced for us).

Ooh, a cruise might actually be a brilliant idea, I know I had an amazing time on the one cruise I went on when I was 16... but I have this extreme paranoia about getting stuck or losing a person on a cruise, maybe I just need to get over that (have heard so many horror stories and even my experience had some sketchy moments, honestly!) It doesn't help that I'm claustrophobic *and* aquaphobic (I still love the beach and waterparks, but I won't swim in clear deep waters), ha!

We are in Oregon and my "kids" are 28, 24, 22, 15, and 12. We usually go to Huntington beach and some museums as well... we love the Exploratorium! Also, we are all vegan, so that's another perk as there are some amazing vegan options for dining and desserts there... I think my family would vacation there just for Hug Life and FreeSoulCaffe. We really love how there just seems to be everything all in one place or very close by and it's familiar, but the crowds are getting to be too much for us especially for the high cost, so we'd love to find a similar sort of experience elsewhere.

Well shoot. I just got Annual Passes for my family in January and was told I couldn't renew our passes until 40 days had passed from the date of first use. If I purchase discounted tickets to use after our passes expire, would I be able to hold on to them until January 2021
( if they have that long of an expiration date) and then use them towards our Annual Passes for 2021?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter