Priceline Express Deals

Quick question -were any of the deals at DVC resorts? How can they increase and change points requirements for owners but then Priceline the rooms? Is it to cut into the DVC points rental market? They have lessened the value to owners with this if they PL or HW the same room categories. Just odd because I think maybe I read they reversed an earlier point allocation too and now these are pulled. Related? Maybe I’m not at all on point too. Just interesting.

DVC converts rooms to cash reservations when owners use their points for cruises and ABD. There is also a certain amount of cash-room inventory at the DVC hotels built in. It's more likely that DVC offerings on PL are these cash rooms that they want to fill.

I’m seeing Disney resorts back on Priceline. Was seriously thinking of booking. This is the first time I would be using Priceline. It says full payment due when booking. Do they always require full payment when booking, or is this because it’s a special promotion? I really don’t want to have to pay for a late year trip now, since we just came back & also have an April trip to pay for too. So I might have to give this a pass for now.
Full payment is always required for Priceline express deal. How far out is the trip you were finding the deal for?

Full payment is always required for Priceline express deal. How far out is the trip you were finding the deal for?

Thanks, I’ve never used Priceline before so didn’t know their requirements. I don’t think it’s an Express deal tho. The hotel name shows up. I was looking at dates in December. Sadly, a little too much money for me to tie up with them right now.

Hey all,

I know it's nots Disney related, but is it possible to get express deals for universal as well?

Was hoping to get a room at Royal Pacific for March 22.

Thanks
I started looking into UOR showing up on Express Deals awhile back and started seeing ones for some of the 4* UOR resorts: Hard Rock, Portofino, and Royal Pacific.

The deals did save a little over regular Priceline, but nothing earth shattering.
As an example, Here's an Express Deal for this Friday I believe is the Hard Rock for $465 and PE says it is 24% off. If you look on regular Priceline, it is going for $507. If you search the HRH site itself, there's a deal for $504.
(BTW If the $465 PE deal is really 24% off, I'd expect the full price PL room to be $612, so take those percentages with a grain of salt.)

There's also a Portofino Bay deal out there for this weekend in the same price range.

One interesting thing: while the Express deals I just looked at were non-refundable as expected, I have seen other ones that had a "Flexible Cancellation" policy on them, which really surprised me.
The ones I saw, at least, seemed to allow you to cancel with a full refund up to a week before the trip, and if you cancelled after that you would just be charged one night's stay.
If I'm reading it correctly, that really takes the sting out of a hidden PE deal!

Attachments

• PE Flexible Cancellation.jpg
    PE Flexible Cancellation.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 14

I started looking into UOR showing up on Express Deals awhile back and started seeing ones for some of the 4* UOR resorts: Hard Rock, Portofino, and Royal Pacific.

Edit: BTW, I just looked at 3/22 looks like deals for the same 2 UOR hotels out there for the same prices that night - nothing for Royal Pacific if my Priceline Fu is correct.

BtFvsK9

Me neither now but they were there on the desk top.

And now if you do the Hotwire quick view on betterbidding.com, there’s a 3.5 star Disney resort, $248 night, that does not show on the regular desk top or app. That’s odd.

Screenshot at https://ibb.co/BtFvsK9
BtFvsK9
If it’s a 3.5 Star I don’t feel like $248 is a great deal anyway. It would be a moderate, correct?

If it’s a 3.5 Star I don’t feel like $248 is a great deal anyway. It would be a moderate, correct?

Yes. I don't know why they bother making that into a Hotrate mystery deal when it's not much of a deal. Especially considering the restrictive terms, ie no canceling for refund. Buyer beware indeed.

Here’s a 10% off Priceline express deals hotels, rental cars, or flights. It expires 2/27. Please post if you use the code so others know!

58M2B28TE5V

So I let my AP expire because I feel like the hotel prices have skyrocketed. I keep checking to see if anything pops up on HW or PL but I'm really not seeing anything anymore! Skimming the forums (I've been gone from here too) it seems like I'm not the only one who's noticed. What's up with the hotels lately??

So I let my AP expire because I feel like the hotel prices have skyrocketed. I keep checking to see if anything pops up on HW or PL but I'm really not seeing anything anymore! Skimming the forums (I've been gone from here too) it seems like I'm not the only one who's noticed. What's up with the hotels lately??

Star Wars LOL. I don't see them needing to dump any inventory through resellers between early offers of free dining and the mass influx due to star wars.

I think we've had our pricing "fun" for a bit, unfortunately......

I agree, the prices on the hotels have been going the wrong way for a while now, but it was nice to have these sweet deals while they lasted.

Priceline App:
Enter coupon at checkout to reveal an extra 28%, 15%, or 10% OFF hotel Express Deals.
59X6YQ8U53J
Book by 03/02/2019 23:59:59 EST, travel any time.

HW and PL are not currently needed to fill excess inventory. Disney is using Free Dining, AP discounts of up to 40% in late April thru June 30 to meet their inventory loads directly. The same cycle has happened before and I expect it will return again unless SW GE breaks everything.

Dave

It's possible to see some come back over the summer. SWGE doesn't even have an opening date. I think a lot of people are waiting to see when it will open before making concrete plans. Either way it's not going to open during the summer time frame. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it open until December.

It's possible to see some come back over the summer. SWGE doesn't even have an opening date. I think a lot of people are waiting to see when it will open before making concrete plans. Either way it's not going to open during the summer time frame. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it open until December.
Bummer - I got a really great summer deal for BWI last July and was hopeful something would pop up again.

Bummer - I got a really great summer deal for BWI last July and was hopeful something would pop up again.
I meant that we wouldn't see Galaxy's Edge open up over the summer. It's possible that Priceline Deals for summer will be back. Who knows though..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter