PROGRESS: DL/DCA Swap Elements & Pages - MAILED BACK, Photos Posted

hopemax

Note to Self:
Welcome to Disneyland and DCA Elements Swap PROGRESS Thread!

Signups: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30606330#post30606330

This will be a TWO ELEMENT swap, your choice, with one exception. If your topic is the name of a land, one of your elements needs to be a TOPPER/SIGNAGE. Also, if you are doing a topic in Group A, one of your elements need to be a TOPPER/SIGNAGE. The list of elements is at the end of this post.

Due Date: This swap is due MAY 29, 2009. Your package should be in the mail by MAY 24 if sending first class, MAY 26 if you are sending Priority. I intend to only wait one week for packages that have been delayed by our lovely postal system, before I swap out. If you mail, MAY 29 or later, you must send Priority and you must include DC so I can verify the shipment and keep tabs on its status. I know emergencies can happen, and those will be handled on a case by case basis. However, Murphy’s Law seems to go into effect quite regularly around here. It seems like the longer we wait to start our groups the greater the chances of something bad happening. I will have a hard time holding up the return for someone who has a majority of their work still to do, at a time when they should be focusing on whatever issue is causing the delay in the first place.

Check In Dates:

Please PM me with your name, DISname, address, email and phone number (last resort if I can’t contact you by other means). If I have your info already, I will mark you with a :thumbsup2

March 30
May 1
May 18

mailed
I have
:moped: On the way home

If you miss a check-in, I will PM/email you. If you are going to be away for a check-in, let me know. For the MAY 18 check-in, please be specific with your progress, and list the groups you still need to finish and an anticipated mailing date (If you have not mailed already). I want to have a good sense that you will be able to accomplish your groups on time. Normally, if I do not have updates from swappers, that would be a reason to angel your spots. However, since there are so few DL people on the boards, angeling will be difficult. So we are even more dependent on people completing their swaps in a timely manner.

Prototypes: Normally, I would not require prototypes for element groups. However, with the number of groups some people are signing up for, I am a little concerned with making sure we can meet the deadline. So if you are signing up for 10 or more groups, I would like to see that 1/3-1/2 of your groups are prototyped, or better yet, groups done, by the April 27 check-in. We have about 11 weeks to complete this swap, so keep that in mind, while figuring out your plan of attack.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc with your DISname, name and group number. Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size bag, and label with the same.

Page Packaging: Write your name and DISname on the back of your pages. Place your pages in a 2.5 gallon bag. You can just use one bag for all of your groups, since there are so few groups.

Postage: Here are the prices for Flat Rate Priority Mail Shipping. Envelope - $4.95, Small Box - $4.95 (this is a new item for 2009), Standard box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. If you have so many groups it doesn’t fit in a Large Flat Rate, please send what it took for you to send to me. You may send to me, by any method you choose, but I would prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. However, if you want me to send by a different method, we can work that out. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER the swap due date. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.65, and a filled out slip. If you are in the Page swap too, I will try to send everything back in one box, so make sure you send enough to cover postage for both swaps.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Element list

Note: Please no handwritten items. Embellished can mean: stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, Primas, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, stickles, sewing, tearing, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment). Specialty paper, such as embossed, glitter, Bling will be considered an embellishment. If you can think of no way to embellish your item, without it looking weird, you can provide an embellishment not attached to your item, such as a Cricut icon cutout, or a set of 4 brads/eyelets, a yard of ribbon/fiber, etc.

One Element Is One from this list:

* Topper/Title/Signage: Double Matted, Embellished. Standard size in the past has been 2 x 8, so it would fit in books of different sizes. However, in our hostess pow wow, we decided that we actually would like longer toppers to fit the width of a 12x12 page. I wouldn’t go any larger than 11” so if someone has an 8.5 x 11” book, the topper can be used as a border. You could also make individual letters, but they must be shadowed and a minimum of 1.5” tall. If you want to do something that is 3 x7, or 4x4, or running in two directions, or paper pieced that is fine too. Paper pieced titles don’t have to be double-matted.

* Library Pocket w/ Tag: Embellished. Tag should be double matted, with ribbon or eyelet.

* Layered Die-Cuts: To accommodate the Cricut cutouts that aren’t really detailed enough to be considered a paper piecing. Make THREE 3” pieces. If they are smaller than 3” make more; use your best judgement. Try to shadow and embellish if able.

* Paper Piecing: 4” minimum in one direction (H or W).

* License Plate: Double matted, embellished. Please be creative

* Shaker box: Be Creative

* Lyric/Quote/Poem: Double Matted + layer with poem/lyric/quote. Top Layer should be 3x3 minimum. Embellished.

* Pair of Borders: 12” in length. Double Matted. Embellished.

* Altered Letter: Double matted, 4” minimum height. Embellished.

* Matchbook: Embellished, Be Creative, don't forget to include a blank page inside

* Jar of Whimsy Baggie: Snack size bag filled with fibers, ribbon, brads, eyelets, buttons, chipboard, stickers, small cardstock pieces, etc. to match your topic.

Or TWO from this list (you can mix & match)
* Frame: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo. Sizzix frames are okay even though they are smaller.

* Large Box: Double matted, embellished. Should be large enough to hold a 4x6 photo, or may be used as a journaling box

* Two Small Boxes: To be used as either small photo mats or journaling spaces. Consider sizes such as for holding a 3x4, 4x4, 3x3 photo. Double matted, embellished. If you are thinking journal boxes, other shapes work well too.

* Tag: Double matted, embellished. Approximately 2x3 or 3x4 size, but does not have to be a rectangle. Circles, ovals, diamonds, squares work well too.

* Two Embellished Shapes: Double matted, embellished

* Slide Mount: Embellished

* Mini File Folder: Embellished

If you have an idea that is not on this list, or varies from the requirements it is probably okay. We want swappers to be creative in their designs. So if you can answer, honestly, that you love the piece and think others would too, and would happily use it in their books, and you tried to make it special in some way (we can’t account for all possibilities in the element lists) you are most likely good. If you are still worried, you can ask me, or post a prototype.

Page Requirements

Requirements: one 12x12 page These are the same instructions as other DIS Page Swaps.

Title: topper, letter, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes

AND

Option 1
a) 2 mats for 4x6 photos -- 2 layers smallest layer 4 1/4 x 6 1/4,embellished once
b)1 element (tags, library pocket, quote, altered letter, journal box etc) or several small embellies (die cuts, buttons, flowers etc)
c)there must be a place for journaling visible or hidden

Option 2
a) 1 mat for 4x6 photo -- 2 layers smallest 4 1/4 x 6 1/4, embellished once or 1 mat for a 5x7 photo 2 layers smallest mat 5 1/4 x 7 1/4, embellished once
b) 2 or 3????? places for smaller photos, 2 layers, embellished once ( squares or rectangles)
c)1 element (tags, library pocket, quote, altered letter, journal box etc) or several small embellies (die cuts, buttons, flowers etc)
d)there must be a place for journaling visible or hidden.

It is hard to define the page requirements -- it needs to be a complete page. The recipients should only be adding photos and journaling.

Group Sizes
Elements:

Make 3: T, V
Make 4: U
Make 5: D, L, M, P
Make 6: A, B, C, E, F, G, I, J, K, N, O, Q, R, S
Make 7: H

Pages:

Make 3: A
Make 4: B, C

Players & Groups

hopemax: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U Pages: A, B, C
Arizona Rita: A, B, C, E, M, O, P, R Pages: B, C :moped:
***Banana: V :moped:
Disney rider: B, C, D, G, H, J, K, M, N, O, P, S Pages:B, C
estherhead: H, O, R
JohnsonsLovesDisney: A, E, H, I, N, O, Q, S, T Pages: A
***Doodlebug: V
kkbeaton2: A -> U
***Belle: V
LaWanna Yeager: A, B, D, E, H, J, K, L, N, Q, R, S, U
Mischief Managed: C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, N, P, Q, R
PirateTink: L, N :thumbsup2 :moped:
SharonLovesMickey: A, F, G, U Pages: A :moped:
Tigger1221: B, C, F, G, I, J, K, L, S Pages: B, C

Slideshows

Groups A - H

Groups I - P

Groups Q-V

Pages

PM's sent out with my info.

Disney rider, it might have gotten buried in the signup thread, but since you signed up first for the Mickey & Minnie's houses, and now we are splitting them, and estherhead is doing the other, can you post your preference for Mickey or Minnie.

I'm going to try and do my Character swap groups this weekend, and then start designing stuff for this one next week.

Everyone, check your groups.

Thanks!

My info looks good too. Won't get a chance to work on them this weekend, but home all next weekend!

Its all good! If anything comes to me about that other subject I will tell you in the morning!:thumbsup2

DH surprised me and is taking me to WDW for my birthday, April 3. I will be sure to get lots of pics and ideas while I am there!

wow did I really sign up for all those....but I'll have a finished album when I'm done.:thumbsup2

How come my page groups are not on my list?

Hey I don't remember signing up for group B?? Was that like a combined thing? I'll keep it cause I have ideas I was gonna use to do Main Street USA But I'm confused....
Thanks

How come my page groups are not on my list?

Hey I don't remember signing up for group B?? Was that like a combined thing? I'll keep it cause I have ideas I was gonna use to do Main Street USA But I'm confused....
Thanks

Your pages weren't on the list, because I forgot.

You had said before that you really wanted to do Main Street, but Rita got it first. We never went to a second group, where you had dibs, so I deleted one of the other topics so you could do general Main Street.

did you PM me this weekend? Cause I didn't get it.

I think it's early enough that we can squeeze you in. :)

yws, I did, which shows that I'm still having problems!
If we are able to do it, great. If not I understand.
I had even asked you in the pm if what I wanted to do was ok.
Maybe I'll send you another pm just to test it.

I wonder what is going on, I have been receiving PMs from others okay. :confused3 :badpc:

Oh, and if it doesn't work, feel free to email me at my gmail account. The address is in the PM with my info.

I pm'd my info - just making sure you got it. I checked my groups and they look good.

I have my paper for the Space Mountain set already and have both of my groups planned on paper.

My groups look good. I have most of the groups sketched - even have some of the things waiting to go. Just need to finish the Character Swap before I can even attempt to start this one.

PirateTink, I did get your PM with your info. Thank you :goodvibes

Rita, I still haven't gotten any PM's from you, so if you have sent any since my last post, I didn't get any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter