Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Tazdev Ouch! I hope it feels better soon

We have about a foot of snow near Worcester. There is so much drifting and blowing it is hard to tell. At my house closer to Boston the total so far is 13 inches per the experts. My van does not have much snow on it yet as the wind has been blowing the snow off the van. My younger DS who is close to Boston said his cars don't have much due to the wind. He has made one pass with the shovel and will do more tomorrow. I hope the snow plow guy comes by today. If I don't see it done by tomorrow morning I will call him. DDIL cleaned off my car and parked it in the garage while DS is at work. It will make it easier for him to clear the driveway. The picture is my DS's deck and backyard. Snow 01.29.22.jpg

I hope everyone keeps power and stays safe. DDIL found a takeout place near us that is open. Pizza for supper. DS will be on his way home from work and will stop for it.

Have a nice evening.

We do still have power here. Cleared part of the driveway with DH, cleared our gas pipe and our next door neighbors' again, and this is the latest level for the back deck:
(Yes, that does say 25!)

Thank you for the compliment, but these are really just "document it" pics. I hope to get out tomorrow when it's over to take some artsy ones. (Don't worry. - I have proper snow gear.)

Yikes on the cut finger! I hope it heals OK! :hug:

@PollyannaMom--Yikes, that's a lot of snow. That is the one thing I don't miss about MA is the winter snow storms. Stay safe, and take a break from clearing the snow today,,it's too cold out for that!

We're in for the night now. We just wanted to take advantage of what little sweet spot there was (after most of the wind let up, but before it got dark).

Mostly I still need to throw junk out, but after 39 years of accumulation is it hard to let some things go. I will do it though because I am ready to decompress the house a bit.

I've been ready and doing it for quite a while but it's not going that fast.

Sorry about your finger!

I mostly try not to bring home too much and I ask for gift cards and consumables for gifts. Only to forestall 'stuff'. I used to say get me gloves but I have many pairs now.

Older DD occasionally brings me scarves from her travels. Those I do like.

It's being reported that Tom is retiring or has retired.

We saw that earlier today, and I half expected it. He's played for a long time, and played well. It's time for him to spend time with his kids and not risk getting hurt anymore. It makes me kind of sad, but he's had an amazing career. First Roethlisburger, now Brady, is Aaron Rogers next?

Prayers for all of you overnight to be WARM and snug at home! Wow to all the snowy pictures. They are beautiful though and I thank you all as always for sharing.

I got more puzzles for my Dad today. I now officially have contributions from 48 states! Missing Alabama and Alaska but was promised both. I may have to try to get others from those places to contribute instead. Although all of you right now might as well be in Alaska so lol maybe you can just email me a puzzle from "Alaska" back East :D

Have a good night friends.

I enjoy seeing your snow pictures. One of my bucket list items is to experience what I call "real snow". To do that I'll have to travel north one winter. We did get 12" plus one year but I want big snow. DH thinks I'm crazy. He lived in Nebraska until 3rd grade and he says it was enough for him.

Slept in this morning, finally caught up with the sleep I missed the other night. DD made breakfast. Vacuumed the house and cleaned our bathroom. Changed the sheets on the bed and two loads of laundry. Called a friend and talked to her for awhile.

I defrosted some leftover Honey Baked Ham left over from New Year's Day, fixed a salad and Mac & Cheese for dinner.

Played three games of Uno Attack with Lil Joe and Lou Lou. Lil Joe has caught on real fast to give Mamaw the "press 2/4 times" cards.

Good morning all. Slept almost all night despite my inactivity yesterday.

This morning I have to get a start on cleaning. While I was gone the cleaning fairy did not appear and baths and kitchen need some attention. An area rug needs some spot cleaning because of the cat that always eats too much and then throws up. I try to monitor that he doesn't get more than he can handle but DD is not there mon to fri to watch his actions, so he made a couple of minor messes for me.

It's supposed to get up to 32. Not sure I'll go outside other than to put out birdfood.

Tomorrow will be better.

Good morning! Wow to anyone near Boston with the 23 1/2" of snow. We had that ONCE here since I have lived here, (actually more than that), and that was more than enough. What a mess that must be to clean up!

Got all my chores done yesterday, so today will be football Championship games and dinner. Putting a chuck roast in the crockpot with potatoes, carrots and onions and a pot roast seasoning pack, so dinner will be easy.

Stay warm and safe everyone,,don't overdo it on the snow cleanup!

bfeae517e85039e8c2416f23a16bd278.jpg

Good Morning. The sun and the snow is very pretty. Now to wait for the roads to be in good shape. I am also waiting for the plow guy to get to my driveway. I left a message for him telling him that I will be at the house later this morning and need the driveway plowed. He is supposed to do multiple passes during a storm but I don't see any passes having been done. I want to clean off the van too so it doesn't look like no one is at the house.

Morning all. Cold and sunny here. Currently 44 (feels like 42); which is much warmer than the 27 (feels like 23) I woke up to at 5:30!

Have to go take a load of trash out, then going to Home Depot for more packing paper (I swear, I thought 300 sheets would be enough) and then to Target to get new litter boxes for the new place and creamer, because DH dropped the creamer yesterday; he broke the lid but luckily he was at the sink, so it only made a bit of a mess on the counter, and the rest went down the drain. Then will come home and do a little more packing, and will watch the games later.

Emailed the movers and asked if they could move us up to the 2nd or 3rd for our move, and if they agree, I'll have to call the electric and water companies to move the start date. It's a 40% chance of rain on the 4th, and as it's Florida, and I've scheduled a move for that day, it will 100% rain. :rotfl2: We're renting a Uhaul van on the 5th to bring over things that won't fit in the moving truck, plus the odd shaped things, like DS's bike and our computer chairs. It makes more sense for us to move those, so they can move all the heavy stuff and boxes.

Yall stay warm

Good morning.

8 when we woke up and up to 19 now. The snow drifted into the driveway and DH can't get the auger on the snow blower to turn. So, even though there isn't much snow on the grow and the road is clear, we can't get out of the 100 foot driveway. DH just drove my car across the front yard and parked in our neighbor's driveway. (He hasn't lived in the house in at least 3 years so we aren't blocking him.)

Did not make it to church but tried to watch online. They were having technical difficulties on their end so only saw the second half.

Not sure if we will go out today or not. We are having a turkey breast for dinner and watch football.

Checking in from CA. Wishing all of you a warmer and safe Sunday! Please stay well and warm out there and ideally at home, my friends. It sounds absolutely Alaskan like for most of you! Reading a book that took place in cooler weather was cold enough for me last night!

Will check back later :)

Good morning or afternoon for most of you.... 😊
The baby shower was a lot of fun. They had the tables set up outside and it was chilly....although not as chilly as it was for most of you. :p I stayed in the house mostly helping keep the food supply replenished. These are the cookies I made...

In case I hadn't mentioned before this is our best friends grandbaby....their son is the dad and mom doesn't have any family so they asked DH and I if we would be (I keep saying pretend...)grandparents to the baby too. We're so excited for the baby to arrive in just a couple weeks. ❤

DH is headed out of town this week so I'll probably be joining him for a few days.

Hope everyone in the cold, snow stay warm today...
@Bianca and Bernard it was 26 yesterday morning here too....Cold for us, California and Florida girls, right? :rolleyes1:laughing: Right now it says it's 50 but feels colder than that.:cold: :laughing: Glad I don't have to deal with snow like some of you all are dealing with.
DD talked to our cousin yesterday, who's going to college in Boston and they were talking about the crazy snow...she showed DD out the window and said they were "freaking out" when they saw cars driving by....:lmao:Too funny....

Anyway...hope everyone has a good day today. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter