Question about memory maker

Does that mean you can just buy the photo individually if you choose? I myself would really just want the photos from the rides and maybe one outside the castle. I just can fathom paying the $149 for photos I don't like.

Realize that the $149 price tag equates to 10 pictures if you buy them individually. We have always had the PP and now will have the memory maker. I have printed over 100 of them (last trip we had 350 taken) and used them in frames, scrapbooks, books for the grandkids with their autographs from the characters. Well worth the expense. If you have kids, the photographers at the meet and greets are snapping photos from the time the kids see the characters for their visit, so some very special photos come from those!! The faces that get captured are amazing as the kid recognizes the character and goes in for the requisite hug!!

We liked the "old" system, a little weary about the new system with magic bands, but worth it if the process is still seamless as it was before.

Are discounts ever offered for Memory Maker?

You can also save 5% by paying for it with gift cards from Sams Club/Target using a Red Card. Not a discount through Disney, but it will save you $7.50! :)

I used the PP+ last year at DLR and with just a 4 day trip ended up with over 600 pictures on it! I especially appreciated it at Character meets - I would tell the photog that I had it and to please take several pictures - it was great that I could watch my kids interact with the characters, not worry about documenting it, and when I looked at my account had many priceless pictures! Totally worth it, imo. pixiedust:

They don't have photographers walking around, or at least they didn't the last time we were there. They do take a photo at the end and I think we paid $14.95 or thereabout and then you could add it to your photopass CD.

I think now it is included with the Memory Maker and hoping that someone can clarify that part.

I just thought I would update my quote if anyone wonders about this - when we were there last month, the photo is automatically included if you have MM however the price of buying the physical photo has changed - it is now $34.95 to get 3 copies of the photo and the folder to keep it in.

We liked the "old" system, a little weary about the new system with magic bands, but worth it if the process is still seamless as it was before.

It works the same way but I like having the magic bands - so much better than having to shuffle for the card and pass it off. The photographer now can just scan your band when he is done with your photos.

You can also save 5% by paying for it with gift cards from Sams Club/Target using a Red Card. Not a discount through Disney, but it will save you $7.50! :)

I used the PP+ last year at DLR and with just a 4 day trip ended up with over 600 pictures on it! I especially appreciated it at Character meets - I would tell the photog that I had it and to please take several pictures - it was great that I could watch my kids interact with the characters, not worry about documenting it, and when I looked at my account had many priceless pictures! Totally worth it, imo. pixiedust:

I agree - and I end up in candid shots this way! It was also fun to have the ride photos added in and see those.

I bought a MM and do not like how they work. There are photographers all over the parks you just have to ask them and they are happy to take the pics. As far as the rides that take pics, I am not sure how they do it but I was told I didn't have to stop after the ride that they were automatically linked....they were :confused3 and it is on all rides that take the pics is what I was told.

What I don't like is that for $149/$199 that you pay, once it is activated (first download) you can only get the ones you just took and any pics you take in the next 30 days (you can add 15 more days to extend that time for $ of course). I could understand maybe they will only hold the pics for 30 days, but why should I have to pay so much again if I go to the park two months later, or just after that 30 day mark?? I think for $149/$199 you should have a year, just like season passes. Not worth the price to me.

Just my two cents!!

We pre-order, so for our 10 days it's $15 per day. Totally worth it for the ride photos and for the opportunity to be in front of the camera and in the shots. The ride photo linking to our Magic Bands worked flawlessly...great bypassing the counter.

From my last trip using PP, I think I only purchased 2 or 3 photos. I'm traveling in November with three other adults (who are all family - not my family) and I don't think that they interested in the MM. It wouldn't be worth it for me to purchase the MM for 2 or 3 photos. So my question is, how does the picture taking work with out having the MM? Do the photos still get linked to my Magic Band and then after the trip I can look at all of the photos and decide on the few I'd like to purchase?

Is the $15 per photo cost mentioned earlier the cost of the digital download? Or for an actual print? Last time (4 years ago) I think I paid $5 per download and then had them printed through Shutterfly during a free printing offer.

I found this link that shows where the PhotoPass Photographers are located. Hope it helps you guys. We are headed there in 46 days and we bought the MM early for our trip.

I haven't been here long enough to post the link, but it's at the disneyphotopass site, just search for it! :)

:stitch:
Aleisha

I bought a MM and do not like how they work. There are photographers all over the parks you just have to ask them and they are happy to take the pics. As far as the rides that take pics, I am not sure how they do it but I was told I didn't have to stop after the ride that they were automatically linked....they were :confused3 and it is on all rides that take the pics is what I was told.

What I don't like is that for $149/$199 that you pay, once it is activated (first download) you can only get the ones you just took and any pics you take in the next 30 days (you can add 15 more days to extend that time for $ of course). I could understand maybe they will only hold the pics for 30 days, but why should I have to pay so much again if I go to the park two months later, or just after that 30 day mark?? I think for $149/$199 you should have a year, just like season passes. Not worth the price to me.

Just my two cents!!

Well, you can bypass this by not downloading your pictures right away. I did this and got two trips out of a MM purchase.

Pictures expire 45 days after being taken regardless of MM. You can extend that for 15 days for $15 I think.

But yes, once you download even one picture it begins the 30 day limit on your MM purchase. But theoretically, you could take a trip and collect pictures, purchase a one time extension for 15 days to have a total of 60 days. Download those pictures before they expire (which starts your thirty days), take another trip during that 30 days and download before that expires. You've just gotten up to two trips and 90 days out of your MM.

Just don't download anything until you're absolutely ready. You can take all the pictures you want. They're all included.

And for those that have asked, yes anyone linked to your MDE with a MB is all you need on rides with photos.

Purchased it for $149 while on MDE page and it is linked on there. Under the MM on MDE is says view photos......click on that and it takes me to disneyphotopass page. Is this where I link the MM card so I can view the pictures? TIA

Our family finds this well worth it. When you get the pass you will find that you approach the photographers all the time. We have 3 kids so we allow them each a photo pass ( haven't been there for magic bands yet) and then when we separate they can get there own photos too. ... Down side is lining up at rides and end of day to link photo numbers but to get that picture of your kid on a ride that you cannot take yourself is worth it. Also the family photographer dh get pictures of themselves.

Reading through this post and I'm guessing this is how it was before - or if you are offsite and don't have a magic band. I thought that if you have a magic band, that the pictures automatically link and you don't have to do anything???

They don't have photographers walking around, or at least they didn't the last time we were there. They do take a photo at the end and I think we paid $14.95 or thereabout and then you could add it to your photopass CD.

I think now it is included with the Memory Maker and hoping that someone can clarify that part.

Again, is this old? I've heard that the photographers are at BBB. No?

Reading through this post and I'm guessing this is how it was before - or if you are offsite and don't have a magic band. I thought that if you have a magic band, that the pictures automatically link and you don't have to do anything???

Again, is this old? I've heard that the photographers are at BBB. No?

There are photographers walking around at BBB. This was in response to a question on whether they walk around PL, like the do at BBB, which they don't.

And I can correct my original post, the picture package at the end of the PL is now closer to $35 - a change from when we were there in Sept. 2012 and it was $14.95 to when we were there this past July.

We prepaid PP on our first trip in 2010. Those photos were the BEST souvenir of our trip, and I usually hate pictures of me. The photos are perfectly lit, framed, and include all four of us!

We were able to get the PP+ in 2012, and all the ride photos were great. I would never have bought ride photos at $15 each. But my 3 year old looking so serious on Buzz Lightyear? Precious. And the series of shots we have from when we rode Rockin Rollercoaster 4 times in a row...separately, no standout photo...together, they tell a hilarious story of nerves, fear, excitement, faint nausea.

I booked MM without blinking.

When we went last year, we found it was well worth it. That was even after we had been at the park a few days before we decided we were going to purchase it - so we didn't take full advantage of all of the photographers the first few days. I like to save my phone/camera for the more candid shots. We're going again in November and have already pre-purchased the MM for this trip.

I am thinking of adding memory maker to my package and I was wondering is it worth it. Do the photo pass CM's follow you around to take the pictures or do you just walk up to them and ask for a picture. Also they say they catch attraction photos such as splash mountain, what others like those do they take photos of?

We just returned from our first Disney trip and am very happy we got Memory Maker. In 4.5 park days, we had 380 pictures taken. The photographers are all over the park so you just go up to them. The process is very quick so it doesn't waste time (which was one of my concerns beforehand). Some do neat magic shots if you ask.

As for places they are at: park entrances and other many areas in the park (e.g. with Big Thunder in the background, HM in background), at character greets, Jedi Training, BBB, Enchanted Tales with Belle, some pre-meal character photos (e.g. CRT, Akershus, Chef Mickeys), and sometimes they throw in additional pictures such as Mickey at MK entrance.

For rides, we have pictures from Test Track, Buzz Light, Splash Mountain, and 7DMT (including a video), but I think there are more (just rides we didn't go on).

Even with MM, I would suggest you also bring your own camera or phone with camera and things it won't capture are: character interactions inside the restaurants, resort photos (at least in our case), and any other moments you wants.

We got it as we have young kids and it was our first trip...and it was 100% worth it. I am now creating a special photo book of our trip.
However, not sure we would get it again on subsequent trips, or if it was just DH and I if we would bother.

Videos from 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and Tower of Terror also included, and you can now purchase MM after your trip, so you can see if it's worth it.

If we get the MM will we be able to see our pictures at nights or on breaks on an iphone or ipad or would we have to wait until we are actually at a computer. I am really hoping we have the money to do this this summer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter